1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf the sniper cannon

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by TheAntiSnipe, 24 Nov 2017.

?

Is this nerf gonna be effective?

1. Yes

2. No, I have a better idea

3. No, don't nerf it

4. I could care less

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

The sniper cannon is an item that hinges on taking down opponents at long distances. Makes sense, no? But what about point blank? A sniper cannon happens to be as effective point-blank as it is at full range. Why? It's a sniper cannon. Not a crit them in the face like a runaway train cannon. I say that the sniper cannon becomes a railgun-like weapon, where the crit chance decreases as range decreases, from your maximum to 0% at point blank.

Now you may ask, AntiSnipe, why the duplicate thread? Fact is, when we talk about this, EVERYONE comes to debate, and the main issue is often lost. Here you go, my take on what the reticle of such a sniper cannon should look like:
    [​IMG]

PastelPiku and ViscountSniffit like this.
  2. AoiTenshi

AoiTenshi Member

I agree, chance crit should decrease when your ship close to enemy position

3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Another one of these, lol. Seriously, just post in one of the many posts on this. You even mentioned that you know this is a duplicate thread...

Go read them all thoroughly and you'll see why it is balanced along with all the other cannons

4. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

-->Give this topic up already,3 dedicated threads made and have been reading the same thing in every single thread since frost torp nerf.

--->Main issue was never lost,and why do you think this thread is gonna go without any debate.

-->I dont care whether they nerf it or not,ssly there is lot more to improve rather than suggessting chewed up things again and again

5. TheAntiSnipe

But don't you think that a weapon that is effective at long range should not be as effective at short range?

6. Joey who

Again, please read all the duplicate threads. They are full of answers to all your arguements

7. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Yes i agree,but Whats my opinion on that?Well,i am too lazy to type same thing again lol.Anti snipe go play some battles in game battles now,That would actually help to make your ship stronger.Discussing same thing again and again would do not nothing but waste time

Expecting 'Sniper Nerf Gang' to arrive soon lol

8. TheAntiSnipe

Is my solution valid though? That's all I'm asking. I can understand that we all are tired of arguing about the same stuff over and over AND over again. And I'm somebody who HAS been in those arguments. This solution is, in my opinion, something that will work since it keeps the essence of the weapon intact.

Also, I recognize all arguments made in the past, and have moved on from them. Let's make new arguments. Square one without the crap.

PastelPiku likes this.
  9. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Nerf @TheAntiSnipe :mad:
    Nerf Battle Bay
    Nerf me
    Nerf you
    Nerf everyone :oops:

God damn I am sick of nerfs

10. Joey who

It's not valid. There is no reason why a weapon which is balanced with all the items in it's class should be altered to make it weaker than the rest of it's class (cannon type items)

11. TheAntiSnipe

Alright, alright, I give up. Then if my solution isn't valid, there isn't a possible way to nerf this gun. I assessed all the options, and they all are really bad. Plus I know how useful it is in the mid-game. @The Grim Repair , requesting a thread delete.

Mark my words though. If the sniper cannon is nerfed in the way I'm suggesting, you'll see a lot of better loadouts on the bay.

12. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    It's a must have for all shooters, but for other boats there actually other cannon options. There's a reason the top shooters average about 1.2 snipers each lol, but for other boats blast (or if u have the slot, Explosive cannon) is usually better. Sure I'd say it's a top tier item, but there will always be a top tier item. Nerfing sniper will just cause another item to take its place as #1 popularity, then people will call for that item to be nerfed etc

Joey who likes this.
  13. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Devs. This is a duplicate upon duplicate thread. Please close.

14. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Sc been nerf soo nany time.

Nerf mine instead, change its colour between friendly green vs unfriendly ref

15. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

1...2...3 Closed.

Ps: cute notepad drawing though ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.