1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all carronade players

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Tirth2_, 23 Nov 2017.

Tags:
  1. Tirth2_

Tirth2_ Well-Known Member

What else do u take with carronade?

2. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Blast cannon for quick burst - Also to take advantage of 100% of the time people in my matches take fire weapons
    Nitro - Recovery item for speed (Carronade talents over speed sucks)
    Tesla Shield absorb more damage
    Rudder - Juke the hell outta things
    Bandage - Heal crap ton

Tirth2_ likes this.
  3. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

4. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    TheAntiSnipe and Babablacksheep like this.
  5. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Wht?????

6. Tirth2_

I'll try this! N let u know how it works! :) thanks for advice

7. Tirth2_

8. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

L O L

9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Onepunch man fan spotted xD

10. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

I play a fixer and sometimes run a carronade, I love it. I am pretty far down the skill tree with it and it’s tier 3 epic atm (got another to take it tier 4)
    As most people says it’s a defensive weapon but can be used for assassination.
    As a fixer typically when a cheeky speeder comes up to you hit them with the carronade a few times they don’t tend to come back quickly. Although it doesn’t do much damage to a defender it will slow it down and it’s turret. If it’s too close, hit it with the carronade and drive through it and run. It has to spin it’s turret 180 to hit you and get some time to heal your self back up and hide/call for help. Much like the team focusing on killing a speeder you can keep a defender running circles round a rock doing that while the rest of your team chip away at it.
    I also use it with my enforcer. The turret slow down makes it easier to stay out of the firing line and the slow down makes it easier to land a swift torp in the side of them if they are too close for my frost launcher.
    As a late game weapon it can be pretty devastating. It’s just most people try it at the start and hate it.

11. Tirth2_

Thanks for the advice! :)

12. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    I use(d) carro on my speeder with frosttorp. It worked really well, i got to close range, stunned, frosted, torped and then fired a few carro shots and repeated. It was especially good against speeders, enfos and fixers, some defenders only took <50 dmg in total:eek:

13. Tirth2_

I thought of that but then if I try equipping 2 carronades , I can quickly switch between them n deal damage!

14. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    The Otherguy likes this.
  15. Tirth2_

16. noelips

noelips Member

Loved this weapon since I first used it on with a speeder. I left it for a while due to everyone telling me it was useless. But I came back to it once I switched to enforcer. It's been my main weapon for a good while now. My tips for using one would be something like....

• The carronade became my bread once it was doing close to 250 damage.
    • The carronade became MY butter as soon I could use it to slow my opponents. As long as my carronade can do this it will never be useless.
    • If you're going to use one (especially if it's as a main weapon) at all focus swift's training purely on the carronade. The only talents you should trade up a carronade talent for are the +X% to whatever stat on ALL boats. Must have carro talents add frost, turret slow, or another pellet.
    • If you're in a speeder; get in, hit hard, get gone. If you're carronade isn't all that strong just yet, exrecise patience.
    • Unless you're sure that you can win or you're going to 100% die, DO NOT try to get that extra hit. You must live to see another day and another battle.
    • Even if you're carronade is strong, exrecise patience. This is the secret to the weapon.
    • Anyone who's hp is roughly 2 times more than what your carronade deals in damage (1k vs 508) is begging for a few good cleans hits.
    • If you're going to rock 2 carronades (god forbid you do) make sure you're second one is doing at least 3/4 the damage of your first one. Otherwise its just a short range frost blaster that barely freezes an opponent. Try not to use that carronade in particular on a defender. (Unless 1111111 doesn't bother you...)
    • One pellet is all you need to slow a person down. Use this knowledge wisely on groups...
    • The carronade pellets are shot up in an arc. With some practice your can shoot over ships and low barriers that unfriends might be on the orher side of.
    • Learn how far the carronade shoots so you can use it asap to deal some damage, slow your opponent, open up a good combo.
    • If you're close enough to an unfriend that's about to get hit by a mortar or torpedo, hit him quick. Time this right and you'll get the assist while increasing your allies damage. (Assuming they have the extra damage to frosted ships talents unlocked.)
    • If you're even using a carronade, exercise patience. Like seriously, just wait. Your time to shine really will come. I'm so serious. You can forget everything else about this weapon so long as you remember this one thing. And that's real.

That's about all I can think of for tips. For now at least. Let's move on to the load out. My load out, to be specific. Here is the evolution my enforcer setup with a rare carro from mk 3, if i remember 'em all correctly.

Mk3: Carronade, Mine, Nitro, Tesla Bolt, Big Shield
    Mk4 v1: Carronade, Mine, Tesla Shield, Tesla Bolt, Big Shield.
    Mk4 v2: Carronade, Railgun, Tesla Shield, Overboost, Turbo, Standard Shield.
    Mk4 v3 Carronade, Explosive Cannon, Tesla Shield, Overboost or Tesla Bolt, Turbo, Standard Shield.
    Mk5 v1:Carronade, Carronade, Mine, Tesla Shield, Overboost, Turbo, Standard Shield.
    Mk5 v2: Carronade, Big Torpedo, Overboost, Overboost, Turbo, Gear Lube.
    Mk5 v3:Carronade, Grenad Launcher, Standard Mortar, Tesla Shield, Overboost, Standard Shield, Gear Lube.
    Mk5 v4: Carronade, Swift Torpedo, Mine, Tesla Shield, Overboost, Standard Shield, Bandage.

My Mk6 Dream Per Second load out? Carronade, Cannon, Flare gun, Tesla Shield, Frost Launcher, Overboost, Big Shield, Rudder.

Here's what I can say about weapons and the carronade. It doesn't matter what you pair a carronade with, until you're up in someone's grill and you need something to fire. What really matters is how you play. For me the best setups revolve around controlling an area or enemey movements while unloading constant damage. Such a setup should comtain your carronade, a weapon for area control (mine, napalm, tri torps) and a weapon for engaging in battle before you're in carronade range (the more range the better, but watch your cooldown). Currently, for me, the mine and swift torp manage this on my enforcer. The catch is though, I have to always drop mines and i do. I drop mines any and everywhere. With a enough mines on the field I can manage a 2v1 battle so long as boat 2 isn't rocking a stellar loadout or has high hp (3v1 is a loss though D: ). In a speeder however I wouldn't worry about this. In a speeder I can get in launch a big torp, freeze a player with the carro and then clear it. If both hits connect on one player that's like 1.6k damage for me (my big torp is kinda really weak). It's not a easy combo hit to land but when it does, it wrecks boats, lol. But that's the whole catch to the carronade. It's not an easy to get. You have to invent the situations in which it can be used. You have to bait or force your enemies to get within its range. And when you've made that moment a reality you have to be commited to making the most of it. Otherwise... You're boat is going to be wrecked. With this weapon you've gotta be creative, confident and really, really, really, patient. Just don't show up late for battle...

17. Tirth2_

Woah!!! That was something I was looking for!

I will keep all the points in mind when I play carronade next!
    I highly agree with your point on patience!
    My carronades are too weak but still u need to keep calm and wait for opponent to come closer so you can pull some shots of!
    It's a great weapon but really difficult to play with!
    I've used all ships with carronade and I've manage to pull maximum damage on 2 ships , Enforcer and Defender!
    But, I'll keep trying other combinations too!!

Thanks for writing this! It was really helpful! :)

18. noelips

noelips Member

I'm glad I could help. The carronade is my favorite weapon in the game. I love seeing the numbers pop up after I get a hit in with it.

Even if you're only doing like 35 damage a pellet remember that every pellet adds up!

3 × 35 = 105
    5 × 35 = 175
    7 x 35 = 245

All of that's still dangerous damage when combined with the carronade's unique frost ability.

Tirth2_ likes this.
  19. Tirth2_

Exactly! But I just hate the range! U need to run into the opponents or wait for them to come to u! :p

20. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Told ya. It's an assassin's weapon. Bad range, godlike damage(if trained). To sad I cannot use it.