1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Notes] v. 2.1 "Fleet up!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 20 Apr 2017.

1. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

So far tried the update for 1 day,found that fleet can help you to win more.so now 90% of my battles are fleets :D

2. Dallas

Dallas New Member

I still wish we could sell common, Uncommon and rare items for the next level cells or some shit like that. More sugar is always nice. Other than that. I'm respectfully satisfied with the new update. Good work battle bay devs

Helius Maximus likes this.
  3. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Of course,because sugar is sweet and who doesn't like sugar!Lol
    Jk jk jk

4. Splash0rboy3000

Splash0rboy3000 Member

VIP subscription is something i do not get really. maybe i have to try. what would be a really great feature (but also would drain the normal game queue):
    (real) Competetive mode for VIPs
    every player has access to all weapons, ships, crew on equal level. (eg. all maxed). now you do only fight with your personal skill or skill in the setup you choose. what do you think about that?

BEN likes this.
  5. HELLRAZOR

HELLRAZOR Well-Known Member

I've been trying to add everyone as a friend but now in a normal battle (not fleet) there's no unfriends left in the systems match up for me unless i drop or gain infamy, but again here's the conundrum...... no unfriends to battle. Lol

6. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Umm, wut? :) Being friends with somebody does not affect the matchmaking in any way, only if you have created a fleet with one of them.

7. JWarship

JWarship New Member

hi dev. do u guys have any plan to add another server for SouthEastAsia. playing with 300++ ping is so hard. laggin and delay. lost alot of infamy coz of this. pls help. i like the game very much

8. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Regional servers are something we are considering, but because the only benefit from those come if all players in a match are from that region it opens up some quite big matchmaking challenges, which is why we haven't gone there yet.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  9. kylek33

kylek33 Member

It's not the server it's your network. IMG_4852.PNG You didn't specify a country but most of SE Asia has poor connectivity. I play in Toronto and i have a friend in Vancouver, we never get lag and our pings are ~75-100.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  10. Lyander

Lyander New Member

I don't like the VIP thing. The way this is going so this will be a pay to win

Valfreg and TheEpicWarlord like this.
  11. ToddTHY

ToddTHY Member

VIP feature has nothing to do with winning, you can get the same scale of battle reward from watching the 30s videos. VIP is a time saver, not a battle helper.

P0rthos and SirojPr like this.
  12. LOLdude

LOLdude Member

i still see spanish in the main chat channel tho

13. HELLRAZOR

The VIP subscription to talk to devs shouldn't cost us at all as we do that here & the game improves with players input, even gives devs ideas for improvement in certain areas, but that all depends on the devs being open to ideas & perhaps take our ideas, even if they don't seem warranted into consideration. The VIP subscription should give us (for example) either :
    • Discount on epic crates
    • Discount on pearls
    • Extra friend for fleet battles
    • Able to choose a map
    • A free crate with an item & power cores
    Just ideas as watching videos still makes them money & aren't long to watch anyways.

mammoth1946 likes this.
  14. HELLRAZOR

I was just joking, adding a little humor since the "LOL" at the end of sentence.
    You would have to know I was just stirring the pot with that post. Even other players thought that was funny in global chat.

15. Dr.pie

Dr.pie Member

I love the new sounds. I bought the 30 day vip for extra battle rewards and no commercials, just a little treat. The New vip chat is is an ok idea, but I still see most of the battle bay mascots in the global chat.

The New map is not bad, not great either and it favors speeders and mortar weapons.

I also like the fleet mode. It got me in 3rd division ace range in infamy thanks to good teams. But the teams can be too good as well. Since the maximum infamy gap is 800 to fleet up with someone I can fleet up with someone who's average infamy at lowest is my highest ever. That means I can be the only mk4 shooter in a mk6 speeder battle and let me tell you, it can give me easy wins with little to no attribution to the win, but also cause heart attacks to the all mk6 team mates who's weapons are 3 times more powerful than mine xD. I'm smart enough to see who I should fleet up with, though.

Obviously everyone wants to fleet up with more than just two friends, but this is a great start. Thumps up!

16. kylek33

kylek33 Member

The sniper cannon sounds like a cheesy 80s bullet ricochet lol

17. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Current VIP subscribtion is a good implementation if you ask me -- The only p2w aspect of it is 20% faster leveling, which is not a big deal. This game does not need more p2w mechanisms.

18. HELLRAZOR

Yeah it sorta does, doesn't it & I don't really like the accented cow bells mixed into the original music waiting in bay before a battle.

19. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

@Devs,
    please don't reduce the parts/pieces you get when you scrap commons and uncommons, we still need them upgrading high tier items and we need lots of 'em... you can reduce the chances of getting better pieces and items but not the basic scrap quantities... that would just make things worse. i'm stuck at T4 for most of my items and it's already a grind trying to accumulate enough power cells and rare/epic parts not to mention the evo1 duplicates... the game shouldn't be about gathering stuff, the upgrades should be 2nd priority and let us focus on the fun of the battles. just my thoughts, man.

love the battles... but i'm really not having fun with the upgrade system

cheers!

20. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

@yellowocean it makes some sense now actually to me at least. Only common / uncommon scrapping parts got reduced. Rare / Epic got increased when u scrap.

Common / Uncommon parts are available in large quantities in the store for pretty cheap. Now, the common / uncommon items are better used to evolve to lvl 21 then scrap for the rare / epic power cores.

Right now, I'm scrapping all commons right away (space issue), evolving all uncommons to 21 then scrapping for the rare cores, and evolving all rares to lvl 11 then scrapping for the epic cores.

mammoth1946 and ToddTHY like this.