1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Idea] Free-play mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by The Otherguy, 17 Nov 2017.

1. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but I can't find it in here, so here goes.
    Have two modes, Story (or Skill) mode [normal], and Free-play mode.
    You would have all mk7 ships, have all maps unlocked, all t5 epics, all the epic perks, and every item, fully trained with all possible crew perks. (or mk5s with t5 rares and crew perks up to t4)
    Teams of two, no rewards.
    There would be a ranking system, but it would be hidden.
    No punishment for losing.

This would be perfect for testing improbable set-ups, like all repair boxes and a mine, all railguns and standard cannons on shooter, and anything else that sounds improbable, but fun. :)
    Also, I have a feeling this would bring back so many players that have gotten to the boring stage, and just want to have fun, like P0rthos, and many, many other beta players, and would renew the failing interest of those like Joeyaa, Captain Gilligain, Mamamyers and so many others.
    JK, other than a mod, Nvm

Last edited: 20 Nov 2017
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I see what you did in the spoiler section, lol. Also, damn nice idea.

3. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Ikr?
    A place just to goof around.

Radib~( BK)~ and • Percy • like this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I would just troll with a mk5 shooter, flare guns and as many excannons as I can fit on.

• Percy • and The Otherguy like this.
  5. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Sorry,i m against it.Reason:---The anticipation of owning a powerfull ship and weapons is destroyed.You wont be excited anymore since you know what those weapons and ships can do,THE POWER of them.Eventually getting bored and quit

I Support the idea of FREE PLAY MODE,But maxed ship and maxed weapons,Absolutely not!!

6. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Mk5s and t5 rares?
    That's how it is in the tutorial.

Mr. Chompers and • Percy • like this.
  7. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

hey my type of troll is taking an mk1 fixer into a match with all mk5s plus one mk4 fixer on the other side.

• Percy • likes this.
  8. vis1234567899

really i thought it was commons and mk1

9. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Nope, the beginning tutorial is mk5 shooter with t5 rares

10. vis1234567899

i dont recall that which means either i skipped the tutorial or i am losing my memory eventhough i only started 2.5 months ago

The Otherguy likes this.
  11. Babablacksheep

Tutorial is one single 5 minute match,it builds anticipation for newbies since they want ship like that in future and also it doest allow you to select weapons

Playing on regular basis with high mk ship wont make you crave for that level when you reach it,Since you have bored yourself using it again and again.Just like i dont crave nightmare (for legendary piece)because i have a legendary weapon

Mr. Chompers and The Otherguy like this.
  12. vis1234567899

yes good point , i did shooter then got bored then speeder then got bored.
    So if any of u see a mk1 or 2 fixer coasting at 1000-1100 infamy then u know who it is. Please dont aim for me as while i have tier 2 rare blast cannon one of my healing items is uncommon

Mr. Chompers and The Otherguy like this.
  13. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    It should be called experimental game mode

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  14. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Really like this idea and something generally discussed.
    We are always looking at various options how to bring more diversity into the game so - please keep ideasing around these different mode ideas.
    How exactly do you see them be most fun and implemented in the game?

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  15. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Imo, this mode would be the raw game. No glamor or guilds or quests or p2w or tanking or competition or end-game or progression or... etc.
    The Bay for the sake of the Bay.
    Maybe when you press the battle button, there is a split screen, with the words Free-play or Competition? (or whatever) then just tap on the side of the one yhou want to play and you get put in queue.
    Or maybe go to menu, and on the menu tap Free-play at the bottom, and it reloads the game in free-play mode. The home screen would be like normal, except you couldn't select guild quests, and you couldn't purchase item or spend pearls or sugar or gold. You could view guilds, and you could chat (separate free-play chat) with global or with guild (maybe, depends what would be involved server side) or with friends. You could fleet up with a friend who is also in free-play.
    In the shipyard, there would be no "Materials" button next to "Items" in the inventory, the inventory would be arranged like the store, except you would tap on an item to equip it on the ship being viewed, and there would be a scroll bar.

Those were my long-winded thoughts. :)

vis1234567899 likes this.
  16. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

I agree with @Babablacksheep, if you can play with the Ship and Gear you are trying to get for you, it would just ruin the game. However I think it could be a great idea to increase expectations if the setup and ship is randomly chosen in every battle. So for example I (an Enforcer player) get to play with a MK6 Fixer with Epic Missiles and Carronade, or an Mk6 Defender with Big Torp, Swift Torp and Standard Cannon. These setups should be always balanced, so that it doesn't make battles boring...

What I mean is that it would be interesting to be able to take a look at "Endgame", but in a way that doesn't ruin game progression. My proposal would work as a free trial, that should have a limit (maybe 5 daily battles), and it would encourage players to go further in main game.

The Otherguy and Babablacksheep like this.
  17. Babablacksheep

I second this,i was thinking about limiting it too

However for uncommons T4 are quite good for experimentation if you want to try any new stratagies

And for Ship mk all unupgraded ships should be available 1 mk less compared to your highest or similar to it,But not higher than your mk.That i will again leave to anticipation

Radom free mode (Random ships and weapons)can be another category,in free play mode we should choose our own ships and weapons,How ever they shouldnt be the best but just usable enough to understand them or get familiar with them

18. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Good point. However, I don't think that items should be less than t4/5 rare.

19. vis1234567899

maybe tier 3 rare middle tier in whole game in tier 1-5 and common to legendary

20. WaveMaker

WaveMaker Active Member

I like the free play mode....that would be great...honestly I don't care to try a higher tiered ship and have access to every weapon...the original point was to unload stress. Having somewhere to go to not have in game stats affected and while testing new load outs I still wanted it to be from my own inventory so I can practice with what I have. Or use unique set ups and see how they play out in a no risk environment.
    - What if you found the perfect set up cause you had access to everything but due to random weapon generation you were unable to acquire it. I think that would be far more disheartening.

noelips and The Otherguy like this.