1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Rovio Devs: The Ultra League

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by American Marauder, 25 Jul 2017.

1. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    At the higher infamy levels, the issue is that there are not enough players of equal caliber to play each other. Matchmaking is forced to group people of vastly different infamy scores together. I used to think the reset caused this, and it does make it worse. But it doesn't improve much even late into the season. You need an increased player pool up here (3k+). Any solution needs to fix that.

2. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Introduce a new league in between the aces and the nightmares, allow the players in this league to get epic from season ending crates instead of item pieces

• Percy • and WarCream like this.
  3. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

I suggest you dont argue with that guy.He is extremely aggressive and makes even a simple discussion into fights mostly because of his lack of knowledge/half knowledge.I even see him in global acting like a know it all lol.

• Percy • likes this.
  4. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

kind of cheap?You even added a meh after it.That was extremely cheap sorry to say.

• Percy • likes this.
  5. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

I'm more worried about keeping players in the game long enough for them to reach nightmare league. To do that, I think we need more content like bot battles for practice, intra-guild battles (battle with your guildies for fun), and random 10 boats vs. megaboss battles too.

Once we shore up the lower levels, then we can worry about other things like uber-leagues, official ladder tournaments, special events, etc...

6. CheekyDevilGod

Megaboss boats sounds like a kiddie game thing but it may work.
    But I'd prefer we could add an individual gsme mode, one where all 10 boats fight each other and only 1 ships wins, no teams.
    More maps where the environment plays a more crucial role than simply letting the waves block shots or roof and cliffs blocking mortars

Nikkie! likes this.
  7. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

Care. Don't get ignored. There were many people who tried to tell Marauder the same thing.

Nikkie! likes this.
  8. CheekyDevilGod

Most of the people who are still commenting in this thread were already blocked.
    We don't keep talking here for Maruder, we do it cause the issue he was addressing is real and influences all players of all leagues and infamy range.
    This poop is bigger than maruder now

Nikkie! and • Percy • like this.
  9. Lord Drek

Lord Drek Member

Porthos is right. Up until recently I been playing daily ever since global release but this last week I have started to lose interest. Im lvl 27 and had infamy up to 1500 have some decent gear tier2-3 rare stuff and its just feeling like too much of a grind with so little reward. even the perks seem to have dried up to the point of not worrying about missing a refresh. So sad Rovio your old shriveled carrot has lost its appeal. might be time for a refresh...

Zviki_SLO and GGodHand like this.
  10. LimeOnMars

LimeOnMars Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a speeder race modality with a couple of racing track maps. Ship speed and agility would be fixed and equal for all the players, ob and nitro with reduced cooldown, mines as weapons.
    Ok maybe i went too far lol

Iunch likes this.
  11. Iunch

Iunch Active Member

No love for defender races?:(

12. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

New game modes wouldn't work unless they were random when you pressed battle. Having multiple game modeswith different lobbies would split the player base too much.

But if it was a random game mode when u pressed battle... that could work. It'd just have to be something that's balanced so any and every ship type always stands a chance.

I'd like to see a capture the flag game mode one day maybe... might be fun.

13. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

@_@ that would be Nice. I upvote

14. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

Maybe there could be seasonal game modes that reward seasonal items. There would be a limit to how many games could be played each day to make sure the focus is on the regular stuff.

• Percy • likes this.
  15. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

Also Season rewards only give us a piece. That's not a lot especially when you rarely see an epic piece in the shop. It took me almost 4 months to get an epic item which is what I desire. So season rewards need to buff up a bit. I think Im asking a lot it could damage the profits. And I happen to read an article about economics which says "An individual, it seems, will buy more things and spend more money when they are feeling sad, and consequently less things when they are feeling happy. This is documented pretty well, and Nitya Mallikarjun's answer links to an article by a group called "Marketing Professionals" that states this rather plainly". Pretty sure this doesn't affect me cause Im broke :D:D.

• Percy • likes this.
  16. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Intra guild battle would be most welcome, remember how on clash of clans when clan wars were introduced nobody gave a damn trophies,guild battles will sure make game more interesting and will also divert players from complaining (me being one of them XD) about mismatch and infamy

Nikkie! and • Percy • like this.
  17. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
  18. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    I guess this is more relevant than ever with more nightmare players breaching the 5K barrier and some passing 6K.

19. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Jesus man!! I didnt expect that hahah

20. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Yes, if there's a few hundred players going from 4000 -> 5000 every season (let's say, 200 out of the 700+ Nightmare players) that's 200,000 infamy removed from the global infamy economy.

Unless there's enough players to win 8000+ matches against bots every two weeks, the net result is that the non-Nightmare players get pushed down.

This is why, until the matchmaking revamp, you had newbies exiting their bot-matches and running straight into a wall of Mk4 and Mk5 ships.