1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 2.6 "Experienced Captains"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 14 Nov 2017.

1. Harsh Gupta Hulk

Harsh Gupta Hulk Active Member

Yeah and they say the advantage ones are burning perks, critical hit by sniper canon is like double hit of the damage shown, where as for burning perks its hardly 1.2 times of the damage shown.Today only in the 2-3 battles I saw one after one critical hit from the same player (different players in each game) by Sniper Canon,it was like his every second shot was critical.In one battle we were two players remaining with above 3000 hit points each and there was one guy left with around 4000 hit points with one sniper canon only, he hit 4 sniper critical shots to us out of his six shots killing both, unfortunately i didn't made a video.I mean initial critical chance is 5% for sniper canon if you go at the bhurt talent tree it increases like every time with 10%-25%, but it should be like 10% -25% increase of the 5% not like adding those percentages, also if u add perks also it shouldn't effect this much.I mean it should be problem for any one who is getting hit by it,and we are facing it, whether we use it or not.The critical shots are very high in number of sniper canon, it should be reduced in talent tree and perk effect same as you guys did with burning ones.Kindly look at this sniper critical shots issue.

LimeOnMars and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Yeah sniper is completely broken. Loads of people have been saying it for ages, but evidently we haven’t been crying loud enough...

From now on, I’m going to be doing some epic crying about it all the time, like the ‘nerf frost’ camp did. Just watch! You won’t be able to see me for tears!

3. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

My #1 wish: Replace the specific weapon quests with something more interesting (and something that doesnt have as large negative consequences for core gameplay). I'm sure my future teammates would appreciate me not having to bring lvl 10 rares into Nightmare games.

4. Kitterini

If implemented as suggested you will have the 3letter asian guild who's name gets censored jumping across rivalries till they find a guaranteed win again.
    ---
    Easy solution: Lock people into getting the Rivalry reward of the guild they started the season in (+ only allow harvesting board rewards from 1 guild pr season).

5. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

I very much agree - any suggestions (by anyone) - are welcome!

Spinners71 and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  6. The Grim Repair

7. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Is it possible to use a system similar to the individual quests on the guild quests so we'd just have missions related to the weapons equipped by at least one player of the guild?

8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Would make it too easy, in my opinion.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  9. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

It'd be still tough if they raise the amount of damage necessary to complete the quest :D

10. TheAntiSnipe

Arr! Ye have some nerve, me matie! *Passes over a bottle o' rum* Let's parley!

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  11. Kitterini

- X damage with a group of weapons; Mortars / Torpedos / Burning Damage / Cannons.
    - More focus on fleeting, its guild quests after all!
    - X amount of highlights, the infrastructure is already there might aswell use it. Fx, Nice Hit, Sneaky, Lifesaver, Double Kill, First Blood.. Would obviously require some thought into which you can complete without playing too suboptimal.

@BEN Had some great ideas also, unless I just stole them all? :)

BEN, Babablacksheep and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  12. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

13. TheAntiSnipe

Ye can delete yer own post! Just click delete(down there with reply, and report). Fair winds!

14. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

I dont mind the Pearl reduction,To balance the economy.BUT devs could have atleast warned.

Luckily i spent all my tokens and got the previous High pearl rewards,But those who were saving Tokens now end up getting less(Correct me if i m wrong,Lazy reader here)

15. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

in case you missed my posts on other threads...

Guild Quest Suggestions:
    • Review/revisit Guild Rivalry scoring parameter - currenlty the only determining factor is the number of guild quests completed by each guild. the problem with this mechanic is that it can easily be won by boosts, i think its safe to say to that the guild with the most boosts will win the rivalry most of the time. i understand that this is a very good revenue generating mechanic for Rovio but i also think it undermines the spirit of guild rivalries. It just spoils the fun for a lot of guilds who can't afford enough boosts or don't want to resort to boosts. so here's my suggested rivalry scoring mechanic:
    • [​IMG]
    • I'm suggesting point system based on several parameters (each criteria rewards 6 pts for 1st, 5 for 2nd, 4 for 3rd and so on), in case of a tie in total rivalry points, guild quests completion will determine the victor (as with the current mechanic, the 1st to complete the most quests will be winner in case of a tie in terms of the number of quests completed)
    • As for the guild quests themselves... please please please remove the weapon and boat specific quests from the boards... they just don't promote optimum gameplay for everyone (there are still a lot of options for quests that promote highly competitive battles - i already made several suggestions in a separate post).
    • Guild alliances - guilds can tag 1-2 guilds as allied guilds (leaders can spend pearls to buy additional allied guild slots or maybe limit it to just 2 allied guilds). These allied guilds can help each other finish quests and swap players anytime without risking forfeiture of rivalry rewards. (maybe put a limited number of transfers per member). will it make things more complicated? Maybe? More fun for everyone? probably.
    • and lastly, when are you guys going to put a cooldown in between rivalries? i personally don't want to kick players before they get their rewards but i want to change my roster at some point, the current system can't allow me to kick players without them loosing potential rewards in other guild rivalries.

some suggestions i made to replace weapon and boat specific quests include:
    • quick wins - win X number of matches in under 2 minutes, or maybe 3 minutes
    • precision - win X matches with at least 10 shots fired at 80% accuracy
    • Dominance - Win X matches with at least 3 boats afloat on your team, win X matches without losing a teammate
    • win streak - accumulate X streak points (streak points = each consecutive win, starting on the 2nd straight win, you gain 1 streak point and an additional streak point for every successive win) (ex. 3 match win streak = 3 points, 6 match win streak = 15 streak points, 10 match win streak = 45 streak points)
    • Ship hunter - reverse of the boat specific quest, kill X ships of a particular type (ex. kill X shooters, or kill X speeders)
    • battle badges (specific / non-specific)
      • specific - achieve X barrage badges, earn X number of triple kill badges
      • non-specific - achieve X battle badges; achieve X wins with at least X battle badges, achieve X offensive (red) battle badges, achieve X defensive (green, blue) battle badges
    • each of these can have a fleeted version as well

16. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

Responding to just this chart at this time...
    The problem with this is that columns 2-5 will all just pretty much be a mirror of that first column ('Battles Played').

17. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

not necessarily, note that this is not a career measure, it's just for the duration of the rivalry... win % have a much wider range in short periods, players can go as low as 40% winrate and as high as 70% winrate. Battle badges vary a lot also in terms of how many you can get in a battle. it can be a tight race but overall, it emphasizes real team effort in winning rivalries instead of just having the deeper pocket to boost your way to guiild quest completions and winning the rivalry race. I'm sure the devs are getting good revenue from all the boosts that's been bought and used but there are a lot of other ways to generate pearl usage and IAPs.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  18. The Grim Repair

19. Phalgun

Phalgun Member

You think “average” means easy? Read properly before you comment something, I was using double Blast cannons on my Mk3 Speeder and earlier to that I was a Mortar and Explosive canon user on shooter, if you don’t get used to leading shots in less than 500 games you’re just not the gaming type person so it’s hard for you. And yes, once you learn to lead shots it becomes as easy as a regular cannon or Blast canon.

20. Phalgun

Phalgun Member

Can you guys consider changing method of the trophies that show in the guild contribution?
    A player who does does a Board 1 Quest fully by himself will get 1000 trophies and a player who does a Board 4 Quest fully by himself also gets the same. My point is we don’t actually know how much the player has contributed to the guild quests but just the additive values of percentages of contributions multiplied by 10. I thought the purpose of the trophies was to show how much the player has contributed to the guild quest by quantity. So I would suggest either reducing the trophies for board 1,2 by some multiple and increasing the same of Board 3,4,5 by some multiple to make it give a true picture of the contribution. Thanks for reading :)

Ovidmikel, Zotah, Kazeshini and 7 others like this.