1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Balancing v. 2.6 "Experienced Captains"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Stebbi, 14 Nov 2017.

Tags:
  1. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

Fix the enforcer slots at mk4 and 5
    Enforcer mk 4 is
    It should be
    Mk 5 is
    It should be
    This way you aren't wasting a red slot from mk 4-5 and you won't waste a blue slot from mk5-6

Last edited: 14 Nov 2017
    Subbie the Blaster likes this.
  2. Zerolive

Zerolive Well-Known Member

I was not complaining.:) Although that was poor choice of words.:D:D

3. KenZer

KenZer Member

Nice! Sounds like a good change!

Evilchicken235 likes this.
  4. mpqw

mpqw New Member

enfo mk5?

5. SlAyEr

SlAyEr Active Member

Why explosive cannon.
    How am i gonna kill speeders :mad::mad::mad:

By the way, changes made r gud.
    Adding more slots for lower mk ships is a great step towards balance that was missing before.

Frost nerfed.

All in all, well done I guess :cool::cool:

6. mister fung

mister fung New Member

How has the Frost Blaster repairing reduction get affected? Is it eliminated when the frost effect is broken with a shot? It makes it almost useless now if so. You freeze a ship while a billion shots are being fired and it's as good as missing with no effect, useless.

7. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Acceleration takes time, so it's still very powerful because from 0.33 to max speed is not instant

8. Gallo_Rex

Gallo_Rex Member

Looks like a legitimate fix on some of the recent issues. Excited to play the new build.

I think I was starting to get a bald spot pulling my hair out every time I got frost nuked in 8 seconds.

9. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Don't worry, your flaming carcass will at least be un-frozen after that first Epic Big Torp hits you for 3800. ;)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

I don't like the raffle item and pearl fixes hahahaha

11. Gallo_Rex

Gallo_Rex Member

Hahaha. Hey... better than 2 or more torps, like before. I think frost will still be viable for this reason, but not OP which is a good change. Anything that you can’t counter, and results in the death of any ship in less than 10 seconds is much too much imo. We’ll see how it plays out. (I still can’t update the game) hehe

12. roberto camacho

roberto camacho New Member

tsc tsc bye bye BB.... frost combo nerfed... fire combo nerfed....enforcer players(such as myself) abandon ship.... this is NO drill.... well...back to old fu***g shooter. at least we have 5 guns and 2 or 3 X more HP. not worth to take meteor shower for the sake of it....

13. BEN

BEN Active Member

Im okay with item balancing, but wow these yellow item nerfs are extreme compared to red items that barely even get touched. EC has been OP for so long it deals massive damage, has almost the same cooldown as a 1 point weapon, it can crit and has splash damage, yet all you guys could think of is a baby nerf? LOL.

The bolt has been weakened, you get stunned after you pop up a shield, theres a short delay in overboost spamming, and now frost wont even slow down the enemy for that long. Hell even the healing items got nerfed pretty hard.. Meanwhile burn effect stacks unlimited times, amplifies all types of cannon damage, completely ignores defense, lessens healing, and continually burns you for 20+ seconds with no way to cancel the effect. The big torp combo? It might not be as effective as it was before, but thats because of the changes done to frost. Its almost exactly how it was before. If you were a shooter, you wouldnt even see the difference. Same goes for ML, baby nerf. The only time a weapon really got "Balanced" was with the triple torpedo. Aside from that I cant think of any other weapon balancing. Maybe RG but that was way way back.

Changing the mechanics of how support items work is fine. I agree that the perma stun, perma glue, perma shield, and unli overboost all had to be weakened. But if thats how its going to be then you guys have to weaken all the weapons too. And not just baby nerfs im talking a change in mechanics just like how it is for the yellow items. If youre not a blue or red whale with legendary gear, youre pretty much target practice at this point without any items to help counter them.

14. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

......What? So, because they didn't absolutely drop the nerfhammer on red items, they're not trying? Frost torp got nerfed pretty hard, between frost item nerfs and the fact that frost goes away after one hit now. As someone who's spent considerable time playing speeder (and died many, many times to super inconsiderate teammates breaking my stun while it has 3s left that I desperately need to get to a favorable position), I can tell you: one hit breaking frost might as well erase the frost torp combo in any situation that isn't 1v1. Big torp itself didn't get a nerf because big torp was never the problem, only the combo with frost was. At the same time, fire damage: of course it stacks infinitely. None of the damage from fire weapons gets front-loaded, so they're literally 100% DoT, and not even large amounts on individual fires. If fire didn't work like it currently does, it simply wouldn't be worth using under any circumstances. They nerfed bonus damage to burning target perks, that should be plenty to make fire a bit less prevalent. All in all, I think they made some good decisions here, even if I'm a bit unhappy with the X Cannon nerf (RIP my freshly lv40 rare...) for my own selfish reasons. After getting Bhurt high enough level to actually get X Cannon perks, it went from a useless waste of space to a top tier cannon pretty quickly. Now it's a little less top tier, but still a solid option.

Anyway, the punchline is, your first response to a nerf (especially for something that wasn't full on meta-warping) should never be "nerf it MORE!!!!!!" Let's let these changes hit the bay, and see how things shake out. I suspect it's a lot closer to balanced than you're suggesting.

15. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

It actually took over the #1 weapon from Sniper in a previous meta snapshot. I mean, Sniper's back on top now, but ExCannon has started to get a lot of play.

75% splash damage is still pretty solid considering how much the direct-impact hit is worth, and mortars fall off over distance so I'm not surprised this AOE-type weapon does as well.

Now if they could not have torpedos hit me through walls and around corners that would be super.

16. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

I agree, it just made me a little sad. I finally got a good X Cannon (literally hit 40 with it yesterday), then it gets a nerf. Sad panda. I'm absolutely still going to use it because it's still good, it's just a bit less good now. I 100% agree about torps though. Splashing through walls with them is super abusable.

17. BEN

BEN Active Member

Is there not a HUGE difference with how EC or the burn effect is being nerfed compared to TB, TS or FB/FL? Its -% talents/damage vs a complete overhaul of how the 3 yellow items work. Again im fine with it if they think thats how it should be, but clearly there are some RED items that needs change. More than just a couple tweaks in the talent tree.

Big torp is OP because of frost, Frost is being used to support BT, take away the frost and BT is useless. Thats why I said if you were a shooter you wouldnt even feel the difference. Now how is that so different from the burn effect being used to COMPLIMENT ECs? You arent using a flare gun to kill your opponent, you use it for the added effect it can give you, just like frost. You can get 2 EC shots with just 1 flare gun effect. Thats probably more damage than what a single BT+Frost combo can do, the DOT wont go away meaning you still have the bonus damage from other cannons, you get lesser healing, whatever armor you have isnt being used as of the moment, the only good thing you can do is still move and fire back. But for how long though? You cant run away because frost is useless now remember? You can argue that burn is working as intended, but its all downhill from here. even with the nerf its now the best and only combo there is. That doesnt balance the game in my opinion. Its just a new super combo. One that shooters and defenders benefit the most.

A55A51N likes this.
  18. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

Of course there's a big difference, they're different problems. Frost torps were being used to one shot people at high tier; burn damage was potent, but never on a level that FG/EC combo would one shot someone. Aside from that, -20% from the talent tree (would be -25, but they added another burn perk, so...yeah) is a not-insignificant level of nerf. Couple that with EC doing less AoE damage, and you have a big decrease in that combo. You may be right about 2 +burn EC shots being more than one frost torp combo, but the important part of that is: you can still move normally, and to get the full effect it takes TWO hits, not one. That leaves a full 12 seconds in between where your fixer can heal you up, and you don't just get erased from one gigantic hit that's nigh-impossible to dodge, nevermind the fact that your move speed is still standard so you have a reasonable chance to juke other effects in the meantime as well.

Frost, on the other hand, was gluing people completely in place. Nerfing it to take one hit to break, period, was a bit overboard IMO, but it's also an effect that's difficult to balance. I expect this won't be the last change we see made to frost. Like I said, having it break after one hit is effectively removing the combo in all situations except 1v1. The thing is, when frost would stick around for multiple hits, all it took was a team focusing fire on one spot. That focused fire was near-impossible to miss with because you basically couldn't move, and lots of weapons (looking at you, mortars and torps) also enjoyed huge amounts of bonus damage from you being frozen. That's a lot of benefit beyond one combo, but the massive reward for that one combo is what made frost so prevalent. Still, I don't think frost is completely out of the meta. Frost launcher in particular should still see some reasonable use, and I could see enforcers getting some solid work out of it with mortars and/or torps, as their gear selection/preference allows. Finally, even frost blaster isn't completely gone, it's just less ridiculous now. It carries the same risk of getting team-screwed as tesla does, and still carries most of the possible reward it used to, it just doesn't allow a whole team time to unload on a target that effectively can't move.

19. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Burning is too overpowered, there is stacking on the -30% heal debuffs and the fact that upper tier flares tick close to 100/sec and last 20 seconds is ridiculous. No healing item can out last a flare even 2 casts of a heal. Flare gun is like a Tesla bolt that damages you and blocks all healing while you get spammed with bonus damage as well. If anything now that is a SUPER combo. Gonna get so abused

20. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Can you please stop whining about stacking burns???? We all have heard you loud & clear i promise

LimeOnMars and Babablacksheep like this.