1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply Why do we only get sugar from daily Quests?

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Stalie, 9 Nov 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stalie

Stalie Member

Devs,
    I have received only sugar bonuses from my daily quests die the past week. Can you please explain that?
    My Sugar is permanently full whilst I'm also up grading my crew. This is because of the amount of sugar bonuses I get can you please disable that or even better give us 1 sugar bonus followed by 1 gold bonus. This issue was raised before why isn't it fixed? It's more annoying to have full sugar and not gain anything for 3 days worth of battles because my storage is full and then 3x sugar bonuses waiting to be collected please sort this out

2. Stalie

Stalie Member

Devs, why haven't you replied yet to this thread? I posted this 08h44am. you've managed to reply to someone that posted a thread at 09h17! Why aren't you answering all our questions before you reply to newer ones?

The only answer for your lack of support is to stop my VIP subscription and to advise the rest of my guild to do the same since there's no reward for having VIP since it only fills your sugar and blocks your daily Quests
    Thanks for no support!
    - noted

3. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
  4. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I used to always have way too much sugar, but as my items reached higher levels, they cost a lot more sugar to upgrade, and training becomes hellish expensive.

Now I never seem to have enough sugar. If I could I’d probably choose to ‘only’ receive sugar quest, just to stay on top of it.

Gold is fairly easy to get, as you get quite a lot from playing, and you can sell unwanted raffle perks, if you need quick cash. I also don’t tend to spend it as fast, because you only buy what you want.

Sugar, on the other hand, you need to keep spending in large amounts, or you’ll lose valuable training time.

5. Stalie

Stalie Member

@ ViscountSniffit
    Thank you for your reply, I'm captain level 38 with most of my items at tier 4 awaiting to go to tier 5 once i reach lv39.
    My Sugar fills up within a few hours of attacks and quests. I'm currently upgrading Brock to lv 23 which was 1.3 mil sugar and would take 3 days to complete his training. I refilled my sugar within hours of starting that upgrade and for the past 2 days I've not been able to add any more sugar from my attacks because it's full. I'm merely asking the devs to balance the Quest rewards out between gold and sugar. I don't mind farming for resources when needed but I do mind that I've lost well over e 1 mil sugar due to my storage that is constantly full it makes attacking and playing pointless.
    If the devs aren't going to do anything to balance this out then the only other solution would be not to attack for 3 days when my sugar is full? Giving me time to wait for crew training to finish.
    This is surly not what they're aiming for?

6. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Captain level 33. I used to just keep repicking quests until I got gold but now after scrapping epic perks from the raffle gold is not an issue, Ive upgraded all my ships to mk5 already

7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

As one can re-roll the quests, it doesn't really matter what you get initially, just roll again if you got sugar and want gold.

What I have noticed, that may or may not be coincidence, is the quests give you want you need. If I'm full on sugar I tend to get gold quests, and vice-versa.

We have other threads on this too.

8. Stalie

Stalie Member

Why can't the devs reply to this thread?
    I still only receive stupid sugar for quests I don't need 3x sugar quest rewards back to back!
    I've now stopped my VIP subscription due to your lack of support on this matter!
    Next I'll stop playing once my sugar is full and wait the 3 days for my crew training to finish so I can start the best training.
    Pointless attacking for 3 days with full sugar every time

9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

The devs have a policy that they don't reply till they reach a conclusion. Also, maybe they didn't answer because you didnt tag them? Here, lemme help you.
    @The Grim Repair @Zeus @Miika sorry for tagging all of you... But this dude wants a quick reply.

10. Stalie

Stalie Member

@TheAntiSnipe,
    Thank you four your help I'll wait for them to reply.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

Cheers, bud. Let me say this, you P2P players are the best. You contribute to the games development for those of us who can't do so.

12. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Hey hey -

first of all - we don't reply to everything or when tagged - so please don't expect a developer to be available and answer every question, especially not quickly.

Regarding this - there is no bug with the daily quests rewards. So it is working as in intended.
    It is impossible you only get sugar - taking into account that you can also reroll the quests and there are enough quests also with gold rewards in the general quest roster that it is simply not possible to only get sugar for an entire week, if you play regularly.

Of course it is annoying if you felt whenever you logged in that's all you were offered - but with the reroll and the fact that there is a regular roster and new quests are offered every 8 hours - you will be fine during a given week - we do not see any issue here so there will also be no changes - at least not based on that perception.

You may or may not like this response - but that's what I can say.

The Otherguy and ThatOnion like this.
  13. Stalie

Stalie Member

Thank you for your reply,
    I can tell you that I have re-spin the sugar quests 3x to try and get sugar quests but to no avail. What then happens is that I end up with 3x full sugar quests and a full sugar storage for up to 3 days whilst my crew is doing training.
    That's a fact so don't tell me it's impossible!
    The only way to prevent my sugar from filling up every day is to stop my VIP subscription and to only play when my sugar is empty - every 3 days.

I am disappointed in your approach not to investigate issues we post in here!
    I doubt that I'll be playing this game much further if this is the feedback we get for reporting issues.
    This is rather sad because I've played the game since you went global and I've achieved captain lv38 wish I knew earlier that there's no support!

14. TheAntiSnipe

Sounds like you have become the latest victim of "Bad RNG". I am in a permanent lack of sugar(Non-VIP, level 30, building up a mk5 speeder loadout and training Bhurt and Burnice simultaneously), and I seem to get 95% gold quests. Devs should not have this part of the game as RNG.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  15. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    One of you guys lack gold while the other lack sugar.....
    I lack both :(

Riddlerpaji and The Otherguy like this.
  16. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

It couldn't hurt anything to just let you choose your payment (gold/sugar) for each quest you complete.
    I've had the too much sugar not enough gold problem since well before global launch.
    It actually completely stops me from playing quite often to avoid completing quests I'd rather reroll, which I assume isn't something they actually want.

Babablacksheep and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  17. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Oh please! Honestly? Some people are never satisfied.

You got a response from a dev. And The Grim Repair is one of the most helpful people you could wish for.

There isn’t a problem here. Some people are desperately short of sugar, some people are looking for gold. It’s all random, so sometimes you won’t get exactly what you want.

They’re obviously not going to change the whole game, just because you randomly got more than you needed this week. That’s not a reasonable request. So you got the only response a sane person could expect.

And then you start trying to pull the whole “Waahhh! You’ve lost a customer... I’ll cancel my VIP” BS, which we hear about 20 times a day, from salty players throwing their toys out the pram.

Go ahead and cancel your VIP, if that’s what you want, or play another game — no one cares.

ThatOnion likes this.
  18. Stalie

Stalie Member

Thank you, this shows there's more than one player with this issue!

I'm not making any of this stuff up and it's bad to see that the devs think we just post things in here cause we don't want to play the game???

The idea would be to keep us in game and not stuck in the forums!

19. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    When reroll,get a quest that gives the currency you want but need to use your mk1ship

20. Stalie

Stalie Member

Thanks again for your reply! I wish the devs showed the same commitment like you!

I've already stopped my VIP so don't worry about that.

I'm posting a issue I see in game here for the devs to respond to, are you saying we should just carry on and never bring ideas or issues forward?
    So what are we then paying for?
    We are the customers and yes the devs should at least show some sort of support not the " we don't reply to all issues"
    I'm asking for 1 gold followed by 1 sugar quest it can't be that hard to implement?
    Please give better replies than no change required!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.