1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

any plans to address power cell issues?

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by envylife, 3 Nov 2017.

1. Jennyfur3810

Jennyfur3810 Active Member

With guild quest it makes other items you typically don't use more needed, especially at a higher level. Here are all my rares that will need upgrades but I only have 51 power cells :(

Attached Files:

2. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

@TheCrisco @EyeOfDoom @Miku Da Yo 39 @Joeyaa When you scrap every unnecessary weapon and play single ships,the power cell shortage won't be a problem.

However I play multiple ships(FOR GUILD QUEST OFC),I have to upgrade multiple weapons suitable for each one of them.And also have to upgrade some JUNK weapons for quests . That is where power cells get used up
    I recommend to keep all EPIC yellows, since they are quite power ful at T1.SAVE your rare power cells for upgrading weapons

ALSO SCRAP THE MINES IF YOU DON'T PREFER THEM,SINCE MINE QUESTS ARE REMOVED(in case you are planning to use it,a completely different scenario,keep them)

3. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Yeah, but thats how it is. As f2p, I don't think we can easily afford the luxury of multiple ships with level 40 grear without some serious grinding. That's a steep price we must pay. They're not meant to be easily obtainable because there rare cells after all.

4. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

And I thought I was a hoarder. Holy smokes. :eek:

5. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

I Have 400+,but 7 main weapons of my shooter when gotten to T5 will consume 280 cells alone (7*40).So well even upgrading to 2nd SHip to MAX will exhaust my stores.So that leaves small margin for quest necessary weapons...

6. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Common scrapping ftw.

7. Jennyfur3810

Saving them for my mk6 :p

Babablacksheep likes this.
  8. Jennyfur3810

Yeahhhhh.. I also hoard parts and gold. I got a problem :p

EyeOfDoom and BasedCarpen like this.
  9. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

That's neat and all, but parts are still required much more frequently and in far greater numbers than power cells; how is it that cells are the roadblock? It doesn't make sense to me. I have lots of stuff to upgrade too, but it's always, always, ALWAYS parts I'm short on.

10. Jennyfur3810

The difference is that you can buy parts, but not power cells. I buy the parts from the shop religiously. So I usually have an average of 5k available at a time.

11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

The math is simple... Market refreshes three times/day (4 with ad), which presents a buying opportunity for 1000+ rare parts/day, which is several item level-ups even at T3+. Over the course of a week it's enough to get through two entire item evolutions.... however I only see 20 power cells per week which is only enough for two T2 evolutions or one T3 evolution, but not a T4 or T4, so parts are relatively more plentiful than power cells. Can't afford parts? play more. Short on power cells? You are stuck.

David Bonaparte and Jennyfur3810 like this.
  12. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

Or...just do what most people do, and buy/scrap commons. You get power cells there too. I mean, you're complaining about options, but you clearly choose the option that makes things needlessly difficult for yourself. By buying commons, you get power cells, you get more rares (and thus end up with more rares you don't need and can scrap for even more cells), you have a shot at epic/legendary pieces, and you quickly stock up on common/uncommon parts, all with a method that can be done infinitely.

13. envylife

Was the game designed to spend hours/week scrapping commons? I think not. I have a single free slot in my inventory... if I want an extra, say, 20 power cells I'd have to scrap 400 extra commons per week with that one slot. Talk about misery... and let's not mention the mistakes that can be made by going through that many iterations that cost me far more than the power cells I gained. Tell me again why scrapping commons should be an integral part of the game.

14. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Well, it really is your problem that you have so little space. I have about 80% of my inventory slots empty, because I'm the kind of person who likes a lot of space, but not to many items, which I scrap(because I enjoy scrapping).

TheCrisco likes this.
  15. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

If you can't cope with it then uninstall. Or you can pay up. Don't feel like either, then suck it up. If the majority can suck it up, your complaints will go no where.

16. Jennyfur3810

Says the guy who complains about literally everything.

EyeOfDoom likes this.
  17. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

I save all my epics now, dont even bother with rares anymore since I usually get an epic of an item before I can upgrade a rare to t3 and most of my captains are below t4.

Helps that my guild always wins first and I get enough epic pieces and pearls to save for the big crate about every three weeks.

Heres my arsenal Ive built: Screenshot_2017-11-13-21-05-58.png

Disguised likes this.
  18. Jennyfur3810

This game literally hates me and doesn't give me any epic weapons:( I only have two at t2 andddd that's they highest I can get with them lol D:

19. envylife

You seem a little cantankerous today. I've spent 3 pages of this thread explaining why you can't just "pay up" for power cells, unlike everything else in the game. If you really like going back and forth from the market to your inventory to scrap hundreds of items per week, I'd think there are far better games to play... go check them out next time you get that urge.

You've hit the nail on the head,, and honestly I've been considering doing just that. Why do you think there was never an issue with common or uncommon power cells? It's exactly as you stated... we all moved onto the next item tier before T3's could be made. However, at last count I have received enough rare blast canons to build two T5's but only 1 epic... so unfortunately it makes no sense to scrap what would make two T5 rare blast canons for a single T1 epic.... but it would most certainly avoid any issues with rare power cells!!

...and this is where I think the game really shows its design flaw... people start getting bottlenecked waiting for epics and legendaries, and have no choice but to build up rares to compete... so the burden on rare power cells is highest at the rare item tier, but the game doesn't compensate for it. In my case just to fully level up my two blast canons I would need 200 rare power cells... which is either 2.5 months of playing the game, or scrapping of 4000 common items at a cost of 20M gold. It's a very long haul either way.

20. Jennyfur3810

Yeah miku doesn't like anyone else to complain about anything that doesn't personally effect him.

I feel your pain. SOME people don't know what it's like to be a team player and do things to help anyone other then them self.
    Luckily I had enough pearls for a epic container so I got a lot of rares I don't need and now have 71 power cells.. yay.