1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

any plans to address power cell issues?

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by envylife, 3 Nov 2017.

1. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Would be very SATISFYING If I can burn 1000 uncommon powercells and turn them to 1000 uncommon parts :(

Last edited: 5 Nov 2017
  2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Yes it does. I'd say I've scrapped enough commons to tell you that you can get lots of rare powercells from scrapping them. As long as your willing to spend the gold. Will still be a much cheaper way to gain rare powercells than buying and scrapping rares.

3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Would be satksfying if I could trade 1 common part for 10 gold or something

Disguised likes this.
  4. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Oops,when you type big letters and type the wrong alphabet :oops:

Joey who likes this.
  5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

After all this, I'm at the same point where I began, apparently the only one in the game that cannot find enough power cells to keep up with my needs. I play, I open creates, I scrap, and it's not enough. I can supplement by buying and scrapping items, like playing the slots, but I remain steadfast in my assertion that this illustrates a major game imbalance issue that needs to be addressed another way.

In other words, a game should be designed so that getting ahead involves playing the actual game. Playing Battle Bay matches gives you gold, sugar, and pearls, which can be used to buy anything... except power cells. In other words, I cannot just play the game more to get more power cells, I have to do things the game was not designed for to supplement my needs. And it's only this one thing. To me it's an obvious design flaw... and am waiting for a Dev to either explain it away or fix it.

Last edited: 5 Nov 2017
  6. envylife

7. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Did you try evolving uncommons for a guaranteed rare?

8. envylife

It's way too much work to evolve uncommons and again, has nothing to do wtih actually playing the game, which is my point. Let me outline it for you:

1 guaranteed rare power cell requires scrapping L21 uncommon. My upcoming T5 RARE evolves requires 40 power cells per item, of which I have at least 4. That means I'd need:
    • 120 uncommon items (40 in triplicate) - and we all know how tough the RNG makes it
    • 1,760 level-ups, and all the sugar and gold required
    • uncommon parts, which is arguably harder to keep stocked up on than rare or epic parts because they are needed for uncommon, rare, and epic level ups, and not exactly plentiful at market
    • expansion of inventory to try to manage RNG's triplicate items give-outs
    How much time will that amount of effort take away from actual game play? A large chunk of the 3 months I've already outlined.... and I have many more item evolve needs in the upcoming weeks and months outside of just those 4.

9. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

I honestly don't understand how you find yourself with such a shortage of power cells, but no shortage of parts. I have more power cells than I'll need for ages, but am constantly road blocked by the scarcity of rare+ parts. I have no idea how you've managed to bottleneck yourself with anything OTHER than parts.

EyeOfDoom likes this.
  10. envylife

Similarly I don't understand how you guys don't have rare power cell issues. 20 per week is only a single T2->T3 evolve, does that actually keep up with your game? Maybe you guys are all evolving uncommons or epics?

I just went through 84 raffle draws and got zero rare power cells, so that's not exactly a great alternate source.

11. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

...How often do you need to T3 an item, though? As a rule, I roll with the same gear until I get a better alternative and/or higher rarity versions enough to merit replacement. It's very uncommon for me to T3/4/etc anything, once every few weeks usually.

12. envylife

I posted earlier all my game and item stats, ultimately evolving 13 rare items to T2-T4 before getting stalled out. I may simply play with more items than you, but realistically as a MK5 boat holds 7 items, 13 items isn't a lot. I've got 6 T2's waiting to go to T3, which is 120 power cells... that'll take 6 weeks to acquire... at which point I'll be ready to evolve my T4's which is another 120 power cells, and another 6 weeks of waiting, which ignores my 4 T3's which will take another 120 power cells just for a single evolve to T4. I'll have all training done, all duplicate items acquired, all parts, all sugar, and all gold all ready to go, along with an MK6 boat weeks or even months before I have power cells to do all that. It isn't a matter of opinion, the facts are all there.

13. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

If you are having a hard time with rare cells you would really have a hard time once you move to epic items. As for me I am abundant in power cells.

14. envylife

Thanks for the encouragement. I have acquired 163 epic power cells in the game thus far, vs about 400 rare, so it's actually looking better with the epics. So far the two who shared their stats showed they had received many times more rare power cells than I, so it's either that I have absolutely terrible luck, or there is something completely different going on.

It would be nice if others could show their rare power cell acquisition efficiency.... # matches, # lifetime cells

Last edited: 10 Nov 2017
  15. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

do you scrap a lot?

16. envylife

Define scrap? I don't do much buy/scrap... but I to keep as many items as possible to accommodate the idiosyncrasies of the RNG. If I scrapped all rares not in regular use it might net me 50 power cells, which doesn't come close to meeting my needs.

17. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

with all the free crates we receive, there should be lots of items you get that you don't need.

18. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Are you like..super duper lucky in guild raffles? My draws land on rare powercells more than 75% of times, lol.
    On serious note, just scrap commons. You'll find a lot of powercells by scrapping commons. I've started burning all my gold on commons everyday and pieces I get are roughly around the same price as the shop. Powercells are just the bonus. Once you combine those pieces, you get a rare item then scrap it to get even more rare powercells.

TheFixer27 likes this.
  19. envylife

The point of this thread is there is a game balance issue, and if the only way around that imbalance is for players to invent a game within a game (scrap commons), that makes the game design flaw even more obvious because it takes away from the actual game play itself. Power cells and Legendary pieces are the only things you can't acquire by playing the game as designed, and the RNG is very stingy with both, which makes no sense applied to power cells.

David Bonaparte likes this.
  20. envylife