1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf *superawesome* frost torps

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Zombie, 28 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arrow-->

Arrow--> Member

Frost-torp "magic moments" recorded by Hodges on youtube

Sorry but all this frost is ruining the game play! Torp 5k damage on a frozen made sense earlier since it was a high risk- high reward thing (compensating for the probability that you can't hit your target 100% time) now even a player with no skills can use it!

Terry Morgan likes this.
  2. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

They might then remove ability to stack frost

3. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Just watched a compilation of ysl for the first time. Wow. That is debilitating. Once you get hit by the stun, which is about the easiest thing to shoot in the game, you are basically dead.

4. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

I wonder what's gonna give, the frost stacking, the stun and frost stacking or a frost Nerf or multiple things together.

5. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I think the most likely is have frost remove stun, kinda like being shot. The frost + torp combo would still be strong, but at least you could decently react to it. Frost needs to not stack as well. The new shot can replace the previous one, but stacking is silly. I think if they made frost remove stun and then removed frost stacking, that would be a good first step. It wouldn't remove big torp + frost users. It would just bring them back down to earth.

Edit: I'm not sure my first suggestion would change much since you could still frost and then stun... Maybe either should just remove the other. Only 1 negative effect active at a time.

6. @YSL

@YSL Well-Known Member

Digital Creative Director
    as you state, a player with no skills can use it but it doesn't means he climbs. Every frost-torp speeders I meet in the bay does less than 2000dmg, no kidding. By luck they hit someone (a loner for example), but they're mainly bad. They just followed the trend. Lol

Ian, *JAWS*, peeelah and 2 others like this.
  7. Infinity[on]

Infinity[on] Member

Thats just bad luck , the enemy team had frost with them. What you expect ?
    Trust me not every player can use it. TBh they are frost users speeder before launch that didn't even got 5 k infamy last season with frost torp and they supposed to be pros with frost torp. To be exact they only improve a small amount.

*JAWS* likes this.
  8. Ckim

Ckim Member

Yes I have seen the hodges vid since he is my guildmate. Again It doesn’t matter if your a top player. Anyone in top 50 that makes a mistake of showing vision will get destroyed in 1 sec. if Ysl, peelah, bunta, am or myself show in front of hodges or yellow ocean and make a wrong turn, we will sink in 1 sec. As a player who has been in top 50 multiple times with 1 legendary blast cannon and mine, I can clearly say, if you position yourself in a bad placement (aka bad judgement) you will sink asap. Both vid clips, clearly show that he was in the wrong position to challenge the opposing team.

The title of the video should have been, “what happens if you make wrong choices in 5k infamy, not frost ruining battlebay”

Unless you have vs. against bunta and elitist who fleets with 20k hp mk7 defenders with tier 5 legendary items, you cannot say one damaging combo is overpowered to another. Again, many are complaining because they spent a lot of $, yet they cannot win.

Battle bay is a freemium game where you spent $$$ to obtain premium items to destroy the other team. Everyone has the option to spent more and adjust their build. I’m not spending anymore, so I’m fine with my tier 4 rare frost launcher. It’s more than enough to have perfect aim and slow down opponents and show vision for my supposedly top players in my team to deal dmg.

Again same as my original complain against other complains, I have yet to see one complainer who can supposedly use the OVERPOWERED combo and succeed in climbing infamy....that’s why there’s always the same players above 5k infamy.

Last edited: 7 Nov 2017
  9. Asigossi

Asigossi Member

This has to be the dumbest thing I've read all week.

10. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

@Ckim i understand clearly what you are implying now. But, consider the all of sudden increase in popularity of frost, mk5 speeder who were around 3.5k breaking nightmare. The combo is terrific

The frost users say stick with the team. I stick with the team all the time. But mortar fire, incendiary, napalm etc etc they are meant to separate you. One mistake, a moment of separation from team and you are frosted, stunned and dead. You don't consider those details significant, because you are a speeder (checked your profile). But as shooter i have to 100 things right to win the battle, all frost torp user has to do is one thing, find the right moment and unleash the wrath.I have been frost torped by fellow F2P Friends using rare goods and you can't deny that it is way more effective than it used to be..

I don't want to ruin experience for anyone and nerf to a unusable state, they choose the combo which is better and are smarter than me for sure.I just want to counter the combo effectively that's it. The damage is well deserved for risk taken.

PS:-i low key knew you used frost, since you defend it. I don't blame you and frankly frost launcher is powerful when ISAK is maked out, and ship such has enfo has to sacrifice turret and HP for it. I m fine facing launcher unless its PEELAH in opposite. Thanks for the polite explanation, without added salt;)

11. @YSL

@YSL Well-Known Member

Digital Creative Director
    THANK YOU AGAIN

*JAWS* and *Rubber Duck* like this.
  12. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

I dont get this comment about this vid....there was ONE torp hit the whole video and it was at the very end....mortar fire with frost combo wrecked ppl the whole video.

I dont get why frost torp combo is even on the board being talked about when the frosy mortar combo can be pulled off from around the corner over the wall and threw the woods in COMPLETE safety.....

*JAWS* and The Otherguy like this.
  13. Ckim

Ckim Member

I have totally different opinion of mk5 speeders using the frost torp combo. I personally prefer unfriendly mk5 speeders using it, since their probability of dmging my ship is way lower than flare/sniper/explosive.

Any 3500 climbing to nightmare is mostly luck since you will definitely have 4500+ players and they will be the deciding factor of the game. Also, there has been 50-100 new nightmare players every 2 weeks for months, which means that specific item doesn't really account for how many new players reach nightmare.

But I do strongly agree, frost should not have duplicate effect even with guaranteed minimum speed. It should work like Tesla stun, where the longest duration should be the only effect.

Lastly, I agree with you 100%, facing peelah is extremely difficult. I have to be 110% concentrated to make sure I don't get frosted by either using nitro to get out of the center or hiding behind a wall/ under a tunnel. Frost launcher has 20 sec cd, more than enough time to be close enough that he can't use his mortars.

P.s. I try to avoid salt but it's pretty hard :)

Shadow Moon! and Babablacksheep like this.
  14. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Hey i tried out the combo then released my skill set did not reach the extra damage for frozen items. At low levels u really dont get that much of an increase to torpedos so i dont think it should be nerfed but then watching high end players hit with 4k damage, i was like what the hell

15. vis1234567899

Yes its actually good, once i hit 1000 damage on 3 ships with one shot each. It was funniy seeing the unfriends swivelling their turrents around looking for me when i was so far away behind a rock lol. (i am very bad so i was so happy)

16. Pewpewdie

Pewpewdie Member

Pfft haters, i’ve had my setup for 1 full year now and no complaints. Just because ysl made 6k everyone is crying. She plays alot and is good, you have to understand a lot goes into this specific setup. Shoots can shoot 5 weapons in 25 seconds where we can only shoot twice in 15 seconds. Do the math and we have less hp.

Shadow Moon!, The Otherguy and *JAWS* like this.
  17. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Black Shark torpedo wrote a forum post asking for the new fix not to be the a one shot break frost. I agree.

Look people got upset after update since frost got improved.

But reality it doesn't need to go back to how it was before update.

Variety is important on the bay.

Devs can balance frost by either a slight overall reduction 5 to 10 percent. Or a reduction of effective slow over duration

Both would keep all bay members happy.

But with that said. The major complainers are hating. Adapt. Make new strategies. Mine as a defender was to move away from bandage. And to attack frost users first.

If all friends team attacks frost user. No issue.

Tactics have to adjust based off opponents.

Mortars have become more effective tactically. And so has having a fixer with a healing bolt.

So my big point is dont jack frost up. Slightly fix it. Nothing else.

Tesla perma.stun was WAY worse. Frost by comparison is just mildly annoying. But cool for variety. And makes for interesting battles. Embrace the challenge.

JAWS. Written as a defender.
    Big Ugly Blue Monster

Shadow Moon!, A55A51N and Ckim like this.
  18. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Hello pewpew, but this thread was created before YSL reached 6k and it was last one which gained attention. I can remember at least 2 threads created before it, as soon as update hit (one by poison and other by American marauder). Just clearing that it has nothing do with YSL'S SUCCESS or yours, and we all know she is a terrific and adept speeder :)

The Otherguy likes this.
  19. vis1234567899

but that is not the point, he is saying those as examples to go against what haters think

20. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

Yall do realize that a Good torp user doesn't need frost slow ability to hit u right? As long as the buff to frozen target exist for torpedos yall will always catch that torpedo. If a torp user is just in arming range u pretty much have no chance to dodge it anyway. All they have to do is lead u just a bit in most situations and if u arnt able to see them launch it...ur gona get hit frosted or not, we know how to use waves to hide the incoming, we know how to use walls and corners. If u dont add more shields to ur boat or learn how to quickly reverse (al9t of times all u goda do is stop moving once its launched) u will catch alot of torpedoes in ur future no matter what they do.

Last edited: 8 Nov 2017
    The Otherguy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.