1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf *superawesome* frost torps

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Zombie, 28 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Obviously they would balance it. Say make it stronger at the beginning so it evens out.

The Otherguy likes this.
  2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Can frost > blaster < break stun aswell?

We should at least be able to get a shot off on the speeder before dying from 5k-6500 damage... Lol. Frost torp was a problem before the update. Even if it's back to normal like before update we're still going to see it as much as we do now. And just a spoiler - if you frost a player and poisition your torp right in front or back of the boat you never miss. All the players already got used to frost torp and will be using it anyways. I'd like this small request.

3. Miku Da Yo 39

Frost and flare should be breaking stun, they always shouldn't be going through Tesla shield. But whatever, devs don't wanna fix they don't wanna fix

4. Joey who

Well, tesla shields block damage so I see why a non damage item would go straight through. However it does not break the shield.

Flare gun on the other hand only breaks a tesla shield if the overall damage is higher than the tesla shield's health

5. Miku Da Yo 39

Fair points on flare and frost on Tesla shield. Agreed

6. Hodges

Hodges Well-Known Member

I dont believe this. Might as well keep frost as is if this is the case.

Frost has to be changed to give the frosted player a chance to dodge the torp (only aimed at torp users) most times then not you are one shotted by torps so how can that be viable to increase speed after being hit when it only takes one hit ?

Ultrah and Joey who like this.
  7. Miku Da Yo 39

You misread the English.

Ex:
    Time from being hit by frost
    0 sec: max slowdown
    1 sec: 90% slowdown
    2 sec: 80% slowdown
    3 sec: 70% slowdown
    Not exact but that is the change. You misread it.

8. Hodges

Hodges Well-Known Member

Indeed. It instantly slows down as soon as FROST is applied over X period. I thought you meant it starts slowing once you are hit by a weapon.

9. Joey who

Where did you find this btw. Can't find it anywhere

10. Miku Da Yo 39

Yeah, what this change does is it maintains the idea of frost blaster slowing the enemy to a crawl but only very shortly, more so as support for a team to focus fire. It also makes it easier to Dodge frost torps and not allow torp users to chain as before. A very good decision imo

11. Miku Da Yo 39

Some guys and I were suggesting ideas a while ago and mods said they'd consider our ideas. By no means did they specify that they are going to implement this 100%. But I think it's a very good chance. I bet my repair pulse on it. Sorry if it seemed like official info.

12. Joey who

Ah. We'll see then. Devs are full of ideas

13. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

3BFB5901-BF0A-4560-8A9F-371CAF9394C6.jpeg

Joey who likes this.
  14. Ckim

Ckim Member

Guys stop the complain. There’s a simple solution! Spend more $$$ and hope RNG gives you the best items.
    Anyone complaining is technically saying, “I’m bad and don’t want to spend money, but want to win.” All weapons in battlebay excluding triple torp is amazingly strong if the right captain uses it with maxed out training and levels for extra dmg, distance and duration.

Most of the people who complain hasn’t played against BUNTA or AM. Their HP is double and their dmg is triple of what anyone has.....but that’s the thing, battlebay is a freemium application where $, RNG, and skills decide the winning side.

3 months ago people were complaining about sniper, 2 months ago - tesla bolt, 1 month ago - mines, and now frost. What’s the item that people are gonna complain about next week? I’m guessing that next month everyone will complain about firebomb.

Regarding all the complains, I haven’t seen one captain who can duplicate the usage of supposedly OP items. They complain because they just can’t do it with their fat fingers or slow decision making. Example: STUN before and after the patch. Even with half stun duration, skillful speeders can easily dominate 1v1.

Overall, this post is same as what all of you wrote down. Complaining about something I don’t like — which in this case is reading about complaints about something that you can’t use or have.

Battlebay is a game where you win or lose (hopefully no draws). There are many factors affecting how much influence you have in the match, most notably your skills and judgement. Again complaining is technically saying, “I’m bad and don’t want to spend money, but want to win.”

P.s. I’m ready for the burn people are going to throw at me since they will be offended by facts stated above.

15. @YSL

@YSL Well-Known Member

Digital Creative Director
    THANK YOU

16. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Personality, I don't care about the late game. Im not capable of putting money into games and will never be too 50, I don't have the raw skills. I admit that. What I have a problem with is the capability of frost. I don't care about the torp part of the combo either. What I DO have a problem with is the sheer slowdown done by frosters. That okay with everyone? @@YSL, I never questioned your talent. But the game is making frost too damn effective. Even sitting on the outer rims of a frost bomb when it hits makes you slower than a vanilla mk5 defender. And this is MY 1.49 speeder with OB and nitro we're talking about. Is my problem clear?

Terry Morgan likes this.
  17. @YSL

@YSL Well-Known Member

Digital Creative Director
    Let just see what the devs will do :)

The Otherguy and TheFixer27 like this.
  18. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Oops:oops: Gotta fix that

19. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

Stun is tolerable now frost is not. Spend all you want bro but I challenge all frost torp etc users to target Ckim every match you see him in and discover how his money spent helps him against frost. Just curious so I can adjust my setup! What item solves the frost issue?? Unless a hack can be purchased else where to allow you to endure it bro

20. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

@Ckim did you see Hodges' video. Yellow Ocean and Hodges, both best shooters (always in top 50)get destroyed within a minute. So are you implying that they have fat fingers or slow decision making????
    That clearly gives idea of how powerful stun was before update

The Otherguy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.