1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Grenades - Burn Damage

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Tutle - YoloJason, 4 Nov 2017.

1. Tutle - YoloJason

Tutle - YoloJason New Member

Since this information isn't directly said ingame, how much damage does a grenade's burn damage do? With and without crew perks? Is the burn damage also affected by AOE like mortar damage and firebomb damage?

2. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    I think that without crew perks burn is roughly 10% of the damage. A bullseye from my grenade deals 750 damage with 1 50% increase.
    Yes

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Burn damage is 10% of the initial hit, spread over 5 seconds without training.
    With training you can increase the burn damage by a massive 50%, twice!

Burn damage is not affected by how close to the centre of impact your target is, it will always be 10% of the hit.
    Until You get those awesome Isak trainings done that is:)

The Otherguy and Jasper21 like this.
  4. Tutle - YoloJason

Tutle - YoloJason New Member

5. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Each tick deals 10% of the initial damage of the grenade. Before the crew training in Isak's lvl 25 and 30, the fire damage will be dealt within 3-5 seconds, in 4 ticks. Therefore the Fire damage will be 40% of the initial damage: if you hit 600 initially and fire is activated, you will deal 60(each tick varies, as every shot in the bay) x4 over 4 seconds for a total 840.

However, my cuestion about the Isak's level 25 and 30 training (I'm almost there) is: the damage per tick is the double (20%) or the fire duration is the double (10% x 6/8 instead of 3/4) ?? I hope you can answer this @Stelmo

Anyway, after these crew buffs the fire damage will be the double: 600 initially + 480 fire (instead of 240). So that the fire damage is 80%, almost the same damage as the grenade hit. With training and perks, Grenade Launcher Fire Crit Chance is easily over 50%, so it's really a great weapon o_O

Jasper21 likes this.
  6. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Oh yeah man, quite right:) 10% per tick, it's been a while since my grenade wasn't a beast. I'm pretty sure it's 5 seconds though, and not 3-4. At least that's what it says...
    The training perks increase the damage though, the duration doesn't change..
    It's just long enough to get two cannon shots off :)

The Otherguy and FirnenAhead like this.
  7. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

Yea I noticed it’s only 4 ticks, however the weapon description says it burns for 5 seconds. I wonder if the first second of fire damage is added together with the grenade damage. My grenade does 714 damage, but I have seen it does 750 damage o_O @Stelmo any idea?

8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I know this is offtopic, but I noticed that my blast, which does 700+ damage normally on a burning target, does 800+ when the target is in napalm. Any ideas?

Nikkie! likes this.
  9. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Just watched a couple replays, definitely looks like 4 ticks to me..
    I guess it's possible that the first tick is added to the initial damage, but I don't think so. It's tricky to tell because of the +/- 10% damage variation on all weapons.
    My fire ticks 250 -270 on a good hit, but I don't think I've seen initial damage get up to 1500.. my grenade is 1225 on paper right now.

@TheAntiSnipe I think that the added fire damage stacks when more than one burn effect is active. I've noticed that with my grenade fire + napalm my blast cannon seems to hit a lot harder anyway.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. FirnenAhead

I think it's because of the "Defense" the unfriend you're shooting at has. It's hard to believe that fire bonus stacks, or that napalm triggers a greater bonus than flare/grenade/firebomb.

11. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

Could this be a bug? It clearly doesn’t do burn damage for 5 secs unless the damage of the 1st second is added to the initial grenade damage, which is unlikely as it seems.

@Miika @The Grim Repair any thoughts?

12. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

It's possible. Grenade is ridiculously underutilised so its bugs fall through the cracks a bit.
    It wasn't long ago that the +50% burn damage perks did nothing at all.

The Otherguy and Jasper21 like this.
  13. FirnenAhead

Just in case the waves are not so messy :mad::mad:

14. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Naw, the difference is too distinct. At 0 armour, my shots do +36% damage when my target is burning. My base damage is 573, so it goes up to 779.28, to be exact. But under napalm+burn, the damage goes 816+.