1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[POLL] 3000 pearls = Tier 1 epic?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Joey who, 24 Sep 2017.

?

Would you save up 2000 pearls for an epic from shop?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    25.4%
  2. No

53 vote(s)
    74.6%
  1. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

3000 for an epic is absolutely a no-go for me. It's far to heard to earn that many pearls just to get a single item you may never see a duplicate of. In P2P real-world monetary term its $25 for a single T1 item in a game where you go through hundreds of these items to play.

2. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Skill.
    You can't achieve skill with money.

3. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

I read somewhere in forum that freemium game first like to target whales by ridiculous pricing of items then they tone down the prices a little then they go after they player who spend a little like a 5$ here and there and I think this observation pretty much sums up how freemium games works so I think down the line about 7-8 months we will see events with awesome prices and slashing in prices of buying epics and legendaries and better shop system. For now just waiting is the only option. The last feemium game which I played royale also did this.

4. mannyfreshmf

mannyfreshmf New Member

I saved up the 300 for an epic item but then thought about it and did not buy it. saved up 3900 and bought the crate ....
    my beef is with players having 2 and 3 legendary items. I have played more than 6500 matches and have only found a couple of epic pieces. how does that work?

5. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Being a Fixer my first Repair Pulse was worth it, but there is only 1 viable green 2p item unlike the choice most classes have.
    For blue/yellow items I wouldnt and for weps just play with what you find.

6. Jerbears

Jerbears Active Member

When I decided to spend $100 on giant pearl box. The first thing I did was buy the epic blast cannon from shop. Next I proceeded to open two epic containers. One of which gave me another blast cannon! Since that's my favorite/most used weapon and I had already maxed a rare one. This was the best decision ever. I suggest if you really want to go a certain epic item, its worth buying the first one from the shop. That way when the random gods grant you one it will be rank 2

FearsomeChicken and Ovidmikel like this.
  7. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

The idea that you can only buy the first one is broken. I do not desire the first one as much as I desire the 2nd, or even the 4th! Price points should be reasonable for the first, and then increase exponentially for follow ups. I would not pay 3k or even 2k for a first epic. I might pay 2k for a 2nd one and definitely 3k for a 3rd! ;)

8. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

You sir hit the nail on the heqd. I've seen it in other games like you say in 6 8 months you'll prolly getbyour first legendary item of choice for 2000 pearls

9. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Didn't get ur pt?pls Can u explain it again?

10. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Yep Clash royale was pretty much SUPER PAYTO WIN a but now there's alot more awesome events /more ways to get in-game currency

11. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

I agree with what you said in 6 or 8 months more than likely after the new wears off rovio will start offering your first legendary for 3000 pearls instate of epics . I've seen it happen in other games . by then tjeyll be introduced ultimate weapons for the whales lol

Crashedup likes this.
  12. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

2 games I've played in a yr time they start making special offers weekend events then in golf star for instance they had legendary clubs the introduced ultimate cubs . the walking dead no mans land sell legendary weapons for 19.99. As weekly specials there legendary heroes now can be upgraded to ultimate heroes on and on it goes.

13. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    TBH, lets say we have me with 3,000 pearls
    Would i buy an epic weapon? No.
    Here’s what i’d spend it on

You can either spend it on 8 premium chests

Or

Save up for Epic chest

14. Tutle - YoloJason

Tutle - YoloJason New Member

Don't think the Renegades will help you there (find it funny that their guild abreviation is RNG)

15. Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat Well-Known Member

Yea when I first saw RNG in someone's name I thought there was some myth that having RNG in your name gives you better items