1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

any plans to address power cell issues?

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by envylife, 3 Nov 2017.

1. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

At this point, my estimates have me stalled out on item evolutions until February 2018 due to lack of rare power cells. Here's why:

As I near T5 evolution (3 steps away) for my canons, I'll soon need 160 rare power cells to complete the final evolution of my 4 canons, which is 8 weeks of accumulation if I evolve nothing else. It's not gold, not sugar, not training, not even lack of duplicate items that will be holding me back... it's solely the power cells. Power cells are the only thing you can't otherwise purchase with in game or out of game money in times of need, relying only on the generosity of the RNG, which has proven to be extremely stingy.

As a comparison there are 8 training steps between T4 and T5, at an average of 3 days each it would take 24 days, during which time I could only accumulate 70 power cells, not even enough to evolve 2 items. The issue only comes to light with rare cells, and I'm assuming will continue to be an issue with Epic, but lesser for legendary as those items are so, well, rare. Being the most glaring game imbalance, are there any plans to address power cells in the near future? I know the original intention was never carried out, so they are now like a leftover half-implemented game wall.

This is a a continuation of comments in a previous thread... please refer to it for more details: https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/power-cells-tip.30/ which seems to be more and more of an issue for me

FirnenAhead likes this.
  2. Jerbears

Jerbears Active Member

You can purchase them with pearls! Not to mention they are very abundant in the guild quest spins. Or you could just buy common items and scrap for them. I get a rare power cell guaranteed every 20 scrapped commons

ThatOnion likes this.
  3. envylife

No you can't... they aren't in the market, they are not available under "resources", and if you are short during an evolve you get a wall, same as if you are lacking a duplicate item.

4. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

You are the first player I've ever heard having this issue. Do you not play often, just enough to train captains

TheFixer27 and ThatOnion like this.
  5. Ability6

Ability6 Member

I get nothing but power cells from guild raffles :(

TheFixer27 likes this.
  6. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Power cells are not an issue, I am lv 34 and I already have so many Screenshot_20171104-013129.jpg

7. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I'll lend you some rare power cells and you lend me some uncommon parts :(
    Screenshot_2017-11-03-21-41-45.png

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  8. envylife

Exactly the opposite. Remember, it isn't gold or sugar I'm struggling with, which you get from playing. Power cells come only from crates and scrapping rather than game play,

My stats are the following: L34, 3200 games, and have received a grand total of 371 rare power cells in my game lifetime. With those power cells I was able to evolve 13 rare items: 3 T4, 4 T3, 6 T2 and have 11 in inventory.

Compare that to Miku Da Yo 39 and Joeyaa above, which are both about the same training level... they've each received 4x the amount of rare power cells in their lifetime. It's a HUGE difference, so why is that? Do you guys buy and scrap lots of crates and items? My guess is yes, since you both have legendary items, and I only have a few legendary parts. Am I a victim of the RNG? Maybe being in Ace/Nightmare league gives far more rewards that result in more rare power cells? I'm a FTP user and this issue predates Guild quests.

9. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Scrap a leveled up item to gain power cells, any rares that you leveled up but don't use. Farm for star scrates regularly, free crates and yes!!!! Scraping commons will give you some of them....

Attached Files:

10. Miku Da Yo 39

Joeyaa is 100% FTP. Im not a whale but i did buy a few of the 99$ packs when they gave bonus epic containers. I called google and they blocked my CC so i am now a FTP going forwards. My advice is still to scrap commons, i spend millions of gold scrapping commons lol. You get good stuff. 750K gold = 1 rare powercell btw

11. Joey who

I'm f2p. Everything I got was from doing quests and scrapping commons. It is very possible to get legendary items without buying pearls. So far I have gotten 11 legendary red pieces, 2 legendary blue pieces and 2 legendary yellow pieces. Not only have I not bought pearls but I have also never opened an epic container

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  12. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

IDK man, again you are the only player I ever heard about running out of power cells, theyre generally considered a non issue. Do you evolve items alot before scrapping them to farm pieces and parts? Screenshot_2017-11-04-14-26-41.png Screenshot_2017-11-04-14-25-39.png

13. envylife

Right... if power cells do nothing for 99% players but block the other 1% for no tangible reason, they need to be removed from the game.

I've scrapped just about every uncommon I've received, except for a few T4's. I don't scrap leveled up items as those are the ones I tend to use. All my gold is spent on parts to level up, so I've never had enough where I deemed it worth while to, for example, level up an uncommon to 21 and scrap it for a guaranteed rare power cell... that's very expensive.

Do you guys get all your power cells by buying and scrapping items, or just scrapping what you are given? I've played with buying and scrapping uncommons, which do result in occasional rare power cells... someone else mentioned it is 1 in 20 chance, meaning 100,000 gold per rare power cell. Maybe odds are better for uncommons, but at 10x the cost, they certainly don't give rare power cells at a rate to make up for it.

Seems like an annoying distraction to have to mine for power cells... takes a lot away from the game. If I wanted to spend all my time clicking on jewels, I'd not be playing BB.

The Otherguy likes this.
  14. Miku Da Yo 39

750k Gold = 1 rare powercell. Go farm some gold
    Every 7.5 Million + 25K gold you get a bonus rare powercell

15. Joey who

Scrap commons. I get some rare powercells every time I scrap 100k+ in commons.

Will make a video next time I scrap commins and show you how I get rare powercells

16. Miku Da Yo 39

I agree, scrapping commons is the way to go. But 750k gold gurantees a rare power cells or better if he doesn't wanna gamble

17. envylife

That cost is ridiculous... To get just the 40 power cells needed for a single T4->T5 evolution I need to spend 30,000,000 gold? That's nearly 2000 matches.... which is most definitely not how everyone plays this game.

I did a test and scrapped 30 commons, got 2 power cells. I scrapped 10 uncommons and got nothing. My cost? I lost an epic missile by accidentally scrapping it. I've tried so hard to avoid that type of mistake, but it just makes this situation even worse. I also ran out of inventory, scrapped 3 rare triple torpedoes to free up some space. I may regret that decision on the torps... but that missile loss is going to bother me for a long time.

Again, I don't understand the point of power cells. Any Devs wish to discuss?

Last edited: 4 Nov 2017
  18. Joey who

Scrapping 750k usually gives me around 5-10 rare powercells

19. envylife

@Joeyaa, does that 750k mean buying and scrapping 150 commons?

20. Miku Da Yo 39

If you wanna buy a rare for 750 and scrap it it's good too