1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Railgun Damage is still a mystery.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by EyeOfDoom, 30 Oct 2017.

1. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Explosive burning bonus does sound like a bug, explosive cannon should be an AOE weapon and treated consistently as such.

But for the firebomb vs flare gun, the initial flaregun damage on impact gets a buff I believe (but it's too likely small to matter or show up in rounding) but the long-term burn is considered a debuff effect and not point damage; that's also what's shown in the UI.

2. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

Fire bomb dmg should be considered as a debuff too (not AoE dmg) , doesn't it?

Full crew training gives a lot +%point dmg so it will not be small..

3. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

There's no direct talent for "burn damage" though, and because Firebomb splashes an area, I guess that's how they rationalize it. But I see the point, flare gun is a single-target weapon so it should get a buff from "point damage" if Firebomb gets one from "area damage".

Full crew training across the board would be a total of +16% (5% on Bhurt Lv30, 5% on Brock Lv30, 2% on Buzzkill Lv11/17/27) which helps but requires a lot of sugar and time vs. the Burnice tree.

4. Morning_Sword

Morning_Sword New Member

I think rovio does not appreciate use of more than one, similar weapon. It can be understood the way sniper crits. If u have too many snipers. But still rovio limits ur crits. But ur single sniper has more chance of critting than the average in case of many snipers.

5. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

I put 5% crit on my Blast and it's like it crits five times as often!

The damage range thing is most noticeable on Fixers, since they have more time to just stare at numbers. 264 healing on this Box, heals any random amount it wants.

6. Rock'N'Rolla

@The Grim Repair can I get an answer?..

7. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Explosive cannon can crit without crit chance.

Edit: This is a railgun thread i’ll try to explain what i’ve gathered when i used to use railgun

My railgun i used to have did like 1.4k dmg. But sometimes it tends to ”fluctuate“ at 100% but i know for fact it will not do less then 1.4k dmg. What i mean is that i hit my railgun onto someone it did 1.5k and sometimes 1.4k. My theory is that railgun damage fluctuates sometimes. But it isn’t a bad thing after all..

8. Rock'N'Rolla

Every cannon has crit chance. The only difference is that ex cannon's chance is not shown in its parameters.

Babablacksheep and Joey who like this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Excannon cannot go AoE crit, can it? Ive never seen it happen...

10. Rock'N'Rolla

11. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

@The Grim Repair is a forum moderator, not a developer.

If you think this is a bug (and the inconsistency sounds like it could be construed that way) then post in the Bug forum and wait for a developer answer.
    i see you zeus

Last edited: 6 Nov 2017
    Ultrah and Babablacksheep like this.
  12. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

lol I love how that Enforcer just scrambles after taking the second blow. X)

13. Rock'N'Rolla

Ive already made a thread about it some weeks ago. Zero answers.