1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Notes] v. 2.3 "Patch it!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 19 May 2017.

1. Veganasaurus

Veganasaurus New Member

So, regarding searching for a player to add to guild or friends:

Previously - I could click on a player in the lobby, and tap 'Add Friend' or 'invite to guild'. It was okay, but I had no way to search for a player I enjoyed playing with.

Now - I can do exactly the same thing, except I can also use a tag, which is only available via the lobby, impossible to remember, and doesn't help me find a player I previously played with.

Did I miss something? I don't see how this makes adding friends or decent team-mates any easier.

Don't get me wrong, still really impressed with the game, and enjoying myself. Good work guys!

2. Captain_Perry

Captain_Perry Active Member

Guys... I see a lot of comments about flare gun. Here... Let me try my best to explain why is it nerfed.
    Flare gun is one of the most popular items in the higher league, even I use it. The reason it's so powerful is that IT'S EFFECT LASTS, so wherever the enemy goes, he would take continuous damage, taking damage even with fixer heals.
    @Kitterini, maybe the damage of flare gun isn't high yet, but when your crew is fully trained with an epic T5, it could do nearly 2K damage! (80dmg X 22seconds). By the way, I am not sure how flare gun damage is measured. Is it in seconds or in server ticks?
    Look at the top players list. Almost everyone uses flare gun. Really. I used flare gun a month ago and my infamy rose significantly now.

Rocco, 360NOSCOPE and PigStory like this.
  3. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    Eg. your irl mate plays the game, or a friend on whatsapp, or a friend on bnet or wherever, he can simply give you the tag instead of you having to search/write in global.

PigStory likes this.
  4. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

@Captain_Perry Well the devs obviously agree with that viewpoint - From a numbers perspective I have a hard time following it though. Ingame experience (which is a limited sample size I'll admit to that) would be that Blast cannon see as much play in nightmare as Flare, but again I'm a Fixer so I surely remember the instagibs more than dots I can just outheal.

The effect lasting is in most cases a negative, not a positive. The alternative is getting all the damage upfront. The numbers listed are for patch 2.3 with lvl 30 crew, maxed lvl 50 epic (but without perks, which granted might benefit Flare Gun slightly more - Although its prolonged damage, while the Blast Cannon gets an upfront bonus).
    As the numbers are now the difference in damage is less than 10% (with Blast Cannon outperforming if around 1/3 of the shots are onto a burning target).

Due to how item acquisition works I could see a case for running 1 of each (to ensure the Burning +% for the cannon), but with free access to items I would equip 2x Blast Cannon in a hearthbeat if I had choice. Heck already before this nerf my lvl 30 rare cannon was vastly outperforming my lvl 20 epic flare gun (Still limited to 1 weapon slot though, the joys of Fixerlife!)

5. Emilia

Emilia Member

6. Veganasaurus

Veganasaurus New Member

Thanks for the response Zeus, but irl people frighten me, and I'm told I frighten them.

Do you know if there are any plans to help in game players find one another post battle?
    I know spamming and general trouble comes with that territory, but the lobby is such a random place for social hermits to create decent teams....

7. SirojPr

SirojPr Member

Thank you very much developers for free changing name capitalization and fixed the game crashing. I almost lost 2,000 pearls for change my name yesterday. :D

8. Whistler

Whistler Active Member

Oh God, that was heavy! I don't believe I'll be able to play after another one of this updates, my phone doesn't have much space :(

9. walker31

walker31 New Member

I cant start the game since the update
    It always says to me i should make the update but i downloaded it
    IOS device

O
    k i re installed it now worked

[​IMG]

Last edited: 19 May 2017
  10. guykakin

guykakin Member

Agree that flare shouldnt have been nerfed. Since damage is over time when hit players have a chance to escape and get healed by a fixer or if they have a bandage equipped it counteracts the damage. Also 1v1 it is at a disadvantage. Maybe the extra damage for cannons when someone is burning should have been nerfed but not the duration. Or if the Devs feel it lasts too long then shorten duration but increase damage per tick so it balances out. My t5 rare with duration perks did about 1000 damage which is not unreasonable for a t5 rare weapon. And what's with daily rewards nerf? It was one of the reliable way to get epic parts...

Last edited: 19 May 2017
  11. Miika

Miika Game Lead

They have not been nerfed. Overall they were buffed roughly by 50%. You just don't get the exactly same rewards every time which makes opening them more interesting.

12. HappyEvil

HappyEvil Member

Keep up the good work Devs <3

13. Bisagras

Bisagras New Member

Should include only one map to complete 10

14. Satanas

Satanas New Member

Business Man
    • Added support for changing player name capitalization for free
    • 2017-05-20 15.05.17.jpg
    • 2017-05-20 15.05.52.jpg
    Thankyou so much for adressing my concern , now i got my MOJOS back like Kidneystone told me i would get it back .

2017-05-20 15.05.17.jpg 2017-05-20 15.05.52.jpg hey emilia . Capitalization for free is like this . Can be found in the Change name . But you can only change the letter case of your name for free . If you change name its not free

Email support@rovio.com indicate the game tell them your concern . And send them a supporting screenshot of your account . They could help you via customer support

Last edited by a moderator: 20 May 2017
  15. Potato

Potato New Member

Great!

16. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

i think there is definitely a big improvement on performance of napalm and fire bomb graphics. at least those are the ones that always seemed to cause performance issues for me before and now it isn't an issue.

17. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

@Zeus this is what most of want to know. I've had a few good battles with some players but I never see them on the main screen, and to find them in the global chats is next to impossible now. I realize spamming is a concern, but what if you limit friend requests? Like you can only send 5 random requests a week or something? If you're searching by ID# those could be unlimited as you obviously know who you're looking for. Just throwing it out there.

Otherwise, love the game. It feels like you guys are definitely heading down the right path. Oh, one more thing, is there any chance in the post game results you could display the fixers total heals instead of damage? As a fixer myself, it would be nice to get an idea how much I'm actually contributing to my squad. Thanks for your time.

18. Brownpride

Brownpride New Member

How come I can't add my friends

19. NightXO

NightXO Active Member

How can I find the players that have played with me? Answer: this is impossible.
    How to send report about inaction (afk) or using cheats by players? Answer: you can not.
    So, please tell me, why did you add this useless search and these useless tags? Why there is a function of the report, but there is no full possibility to apply it?
    Make it possible to view the players profile in the results table after the battle.

Grendal likes this.
  20. iAmZ

iAmZ New Member

I'm still wait u guys make 5v5 party mode !!!