1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Best way to spend pearls (post rivalries update)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by benguin8, 23 Oct 2017.

?

Best way to spend pearls (post rivalries)

1. Save for buying the Epic Container

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. Buy premium chests ASAP

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Use for boosts for the whole team

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Use for boosts for me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other - reduce training, buy more inventory, buying gold/sugar

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to revisit this question since the update. Before the update, there were two main camps on how to spend pearls: ones that bought premium chests as soon as possible and ones that had the willpower to save for an epic container. I preferred to save for the epic container.

Now we have guild rivalries. We have a pretty good raffle system which has helped my progress, even though the RNG hates me still. So based on everyone's experience (no exploit talk here), I wonder if it is now more worthwhile to spend pearls on boosts. Personal boosts have a pretty weak return (maybe I get a little more token for my effort) but the team boost can exponentially help see more tokens. More tokens = more spins = more prizes.

I do think that the focus is a little different.

Chests and containers
    • If you want a certain weapon, then chests and containers will still be the way to go. Raffle does have weapons but they are far and few.
    • Good for rare parts when you sell what you do not need
    • Container still has guaranteed legendary part
    Raffle
    • Great for perks
    • Really good for gold. (selling unused perks)
    • Can be good for epic parts
    • I almost feel its easier to get a legendary this way now (although I only seem to get legendary cells)
    • More tokens and pearls
    Of course there are still the other pearl options of increasing my inventory which seems to be even more full now that I want to have a version of every weapon for guild quests, using them to speed up training (which I never do), and third to keep on had in case I see something in the shop and need to fill my gold or sugar.

So what is the current meta for spending pearls since the update? I am interested in hearing from some guilds that really focus on using boosts and how worthwhile it has been.

2. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

Curious to see how people feel on this...
    This is normally the kind of thing I go and number-chug, but I haven't done that yet... perhaps I should...

3. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Lately, I admit ive been spending my pearls on guild boosts for the entire guild, (cant help it! im the leader haha)
    But i tend to save pearls for captain training. Have never bought a chest or container as i can get the same result with scrapping...just takes awhile haha

4. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I used to spend pearls on inventory slots and epic containers but just slots now. I rather spend it on boosters for my team than saving it for the epic container. Trying to be a team player in a team game.

I did 4 legendary draws and got so lucky in it. I got an epic defense perk and 20% more crit damage. Scrapped them both. In my last set, I got 172K tokens and of the 4 legendary draws, I actually hit the same spot twice. That spot is for legendary......wait for it........cells. Now that was amazing. 4 legendary draws and I got nothing. Try to beat that.

5. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

On one legendary raffle I hit a "luck" 10500 tokens... which is also available on the normal raffle. :(

Since a few have said inventory slots, how many are you up to? I currently have 50. 5 more for 500 pearls seems a bit much so I am trying to manage with the 50.

6. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

50 for me also. Since I play all 5 ships, I only have about 5-10 slots available most of the time.