1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New balanced weapon: flarebomb cannon

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by TheAntiSnipe, 23 Oct 2017.

?

Should this weapon be implemented?

1. Awwww, yea!

2. No.

3. Let's see... I don't really know.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Hey, guys, I got an idea. We all know we generally combine weapons as fire(incendiary) and ice(freeze) combos. Well, consider the excannon. It's useful, but really, burn damage perks on that beast would help a lot of players--if there was a weapon that could set multiple enemies in a local area on fire.

FLAREBOMB CANNON
    This cannon fires cannonballs filled with napalm on enemies, causing fires to spread in local areas.

As in, it behaves like a firebomb, splashing multiple enemies, but with the mechanic of an excannon. It would pair real nice with excannons and almost any other cannon. Also, it would be balanced by:
    1. Range : Less than blast cannon
    2. Cooldown: .1 second higher than excannon
    Also, the splashed fire damage will vary, and the radius will be small. This weapon could be a great skillshot tool imo.
    Anybody gonna do some artwork?
    @Epekka ?

Last edited: 23 Oct 2017
  2. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

What you are describing is a grenade with burn chance perks

fr4nk1yn, lolo, The Otherguy and 4 others like this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

Not in that manner. The firing mechanism and behaviour will not belong to a mortar, but a cannon. Grenades at the very end of the Isak tree may have that much capability, but the weapon I'm suggesting has 0% direct damage, 100% burn damage, unlike grenades.

4. Miku Da Yo 39

Is firebomb not sufficient? You basically want a 2 slot beefed up flare gun.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

I do. Firebombs are not very useful to speeders or as such. Also, can you tell me what is wrong with the idea? Even the excannon is basically a 2 slot beefed up cannon, but has CONSIDERABLY less radius than a standard mortar. So isn't mortar enough?

6. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

That would be nice actually. Once you directly hit an enemy with your napalm cannon the water under him would become a napalm

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

Well, i actually named it a napalm cannon because firebomb cannon sounded bad. It's not a napalm generator, sorry. It's like excannon, but instead, deals 0 direct, 100% burn damage. Its like a firebomb with a small AoE.

EDIT: And guys, if y'all vote no, please give reasoning. @Miku Da Yo 39 , i seriously appreciate your feedback. Lets talk about it.

8. Miku Da Yo 39

The game has an overwhelming amount of fire items. If you want new weapons make it has frost or stun effects. Or even new effects u can think of. If you really want a new weapon, be more creative, how about a cluster grenade that give you a chance to dodge.

Sewah likes this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

Y tho? There's only four in all. And one of them has a chance thing, the other is actually an area control and direct damage tool. There are actually only two genuine fire weapons, fb and fg. Also, frost by itself may look unique, but carronades also use slowdown, just like frost. Weapons also treat carro slowdown as the same status effect as frost. Stun is already OP and doesnt need any more weapons inflicting it.

10. Miku Da Yo 39

I still think a cannon version is not that creative. How about a cluster grenade that explodes into a set amount of Mini fire bombs upon landing. With mini radius

11. TheAntiSnipe

That's actually a good idea. Currently, only rockets cluster like that. But still, I don't see why we cannot have a point type incendiary doing area damage.

12. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

The explosive flare gun you propose would be incompatible with the explosive cannon in speeders, they can only carry one 2slot weapon. Is it worth it to switch ex cannon to explosive cannon in order to equip "ExplosiveFlareGun"? imo it doesn't. Shooters would still prefer fire bomb and Enfos don't take a look at 2 slot weapons... Fixers would hardly use it because of the 0% direct damage.

The way I see it would be a Defender weapon, and even so, defenders could rather using 2 explosive cannons instead of one... I just don't see the need to include another (fire) weapon in the game.

13. TheAntiSnipe

There could be a lot of applications for defenders especially. Think about it. Fire a napalm cannon shot at a group, follow it up with a big excannon shot. Makes a nasty combo, doesnt it? Because of the utility. Basically, this combo will be of use when you rock those burn damage perks on the excannon. It's a situational weapon, I agree. But I think it's a valid one.
    EDIT: Oh, and also, for speeders using the bc+fg combo, it would be of great use to replace that fg with the nc. Speeders do end up in groups of enemies sometimes, and this would help them do more damage.
    Fixers can use it as area control as well. If a teammate/teammates had an excannon, the fixer could fire an nc into a group, then call an excannon shot at the center.

14. TheAntiSnipe

@BITTERSTEEL sorry to call you, but what do you think about this idea?

15. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

I'd love a Cluster Grenade that stuns all enemies within a small radius (let's say a LongRangeMortarRadius) of the enemy that took a direct hit for 2 or 3 seconds. The direct hit doesn't stun and does the same damage as grenade launcher, but doesn't have fire chance nor crit chance. Clusters would only activate with a direct hit tough, otherwise the damage would be the same as a non-direct hit of a grenade (depending of the distance to impact point), without any other effect. It's also a 1slot weapon, perks could improve damage or cluster radius slightly...

16. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Conclution:A 100%set on fire chance grenade that fires in a cannon trajectory and unlike grenade, doesn't do instant dmg but instead BURNS

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. TheFixer27

A boat
    :eek::eek:MULTI MORTAR!! Fires multiple smaller than mortar but bigger than a missile shots in a salvo:p:p

Miku Da Yo 39 likes this.
  18. TheFixer27

A boat
    Cannon--->Exploding cannon
    Flare gun--->The anti snipe's idea
    Simple

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

So it's basically a napalm launcher with lower firing arc.

20. TheAntiSnipe

No, it's an explosive cannon which causes burns like a flaregun.