1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mk6 fixers don't fix...

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Joey who, 21 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Title says it all

I have yet to play with a mk6 nightmare fixer who doesn't think they are a shooter. And a spoiler: we always lose because the fixer doesn't fix anyone.

Also have seen some familiar faces of players who were mk5 fixers, great fixers. They turned mk6 and you wonder wtf happened, they were such good fixers.

So how do we fix this?

We give fixer a 4th green slot and another green slotpoint
    [6][6][6][6]

And we take away a red slot leaving mk6/7 fixer as
    [2]
    [1][6][6][6][6][2][2]

What do you guys think? Lol

2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea... equip them to fix, and only fix. The problem is if they get in a 1on1 battle they have nothing to deter the enemy. On the other hand, that should only ever happen when they are the last ship left... otherwise they should be hovering with the others.

The Otherguy and Joey who like this.
  3. Joey who

True. A fixer who stayed alive last most likely didn't do their job properly. And I think by all the time spent as mk5 fixer it shouldn't be something they won't be used to when they hit mk6

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Many mk6.and mk7 fixers I know consistently heal 10kto 40k of damage in games I am in.

Have yet to experience a shoot only fixer.

With that said. I like it best in Nitemare league play for fixers to fire. And to fire often enough to do consistent damage. I have seen many games won because of not only incredible healing but because of that added red slot for the mk6.and mk7 fixers.

So respectfully will disagree with your suggestion.

But can say there could be other factors at work in the bay. Such as certain fixers going for pentakill for video reasons.
    It's the ultimate bragging right. Is it not?

5. Joey who

Maybe they feel they should do all the shooting when they put with low infamy players. I'm on a different boat though, mk5 fixers perform way better than mk6s where I'm at 2900 range (I get setup against lots of nightmare players, probably because I dropped a lot of infamy).

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  6. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I on the other hand will disagree less respectfully;)
    This is a bloody stupid idea.
    Not sure who these nightmare league fixers are you're playing with, but there is still only one fixer in the game I can think of who I hate to see on my team.

7. Danyal khan

Danyal khan Member

Sewah?the selfish fixer

8. NightXO

NightXO Active Member

Yeah! 4 Duct Tape would be great! lol
    But I think is better:
    [2][1][5][5][5][5][2][2]

The Otherguy likes this.
  9. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

A gentleman doesn't kiss and tell;)

10. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    You WOULD see triple pulse fixers...

Scourge Argaen likes this.
  11. Earel

Earel Active Member

Hi there , I play fixer5 , and main problem for me in next points :
    * Fixer 5 = [2][1][4][4][4][2][2] it's the best option for green slots , u can get pulse[2]+bolt[1]+box[1] and it's good for team and me as well , but what u shoot get in mk6 ? u got [5][5[5] after this u get 2 way : 1) 2x pulse + repair bolt/box ; 2) same option like on mk 5 = pulse[2]+bolt[1]+box[1]
    Look at 1st option 2x pulse + repair bolt/box :
    - if u take 2 pulse + bolt (it's prefer for me) u get next problem :
    a) in a Skill tree of fixer(all talents not so good as another tree... bork for example or another one) u don't use 7 talents(5,10,12,18,23,26,29 files attached) and it's ~25% of all talents - for me it's huge problem in Fixers tree
    lvl5.jpg lvl10&12.jpg lvl18.jpg lvl23.jpg lvl26.jpg 29.jpg
    b) if u got 2 pulse + bolt u can heal your teammates , but u can't heal yourself as well (pulse heal only for ~50% ) , so if u focused = u die.
    - if u take 2 pulse + box u get next problem :
    a) u don't use bolt ... u can't remove freeze and stun for your teammates , + bolt have more opportunity to heal with higher amount than box
    2) same option like on mk 5 = pulse[2]+bolt[1]+box[1] - it's ok... but u don't use all weight of slots(5) only 4... it's ugly and unfair

PLUS next
    * u always 1st target
    * u always will be focused
    * u got the least amount HP from all classes
    *u got only [2][2] from mk4 to mk7 (it's 4 SHIPS without changes)
    *u can't take tesla shield or frost launcher because u got only [1] from mk2 to mk7(6 SHIPS without changes)
    * 3 armor at all lvl of SHIPs(mk2-mk7)
    * u can heal yourself only by boxes .... pulse(50%) it's to low

My ways to improve fixers life(u can chosse only one ... it's not and, and , and it's like or/or/or) :
    *rebalace fixers tree of talent
    *rebalance fixers slots (more number green slots not weight / remove 1 weight form green add to yellow or blue)
    *changes mechanics of items( for example : if u heal teammate by bolt and u stay 1 range from heal this bolt heal u as well / mb bolt or some new item for chain heal from 1 to 3 ship)
    *move some talent to anther tree , because all healing item in one tree ... it's like all weapons will be in one tree or all yellow items or blue ... it's little bit unfair we got 4 green items in one tree whereas 6 yellow items in 3 tree (swift = nitro + boost ; isac = frost blast + frost launcher ; buzzkill = tesla bolt + tesla shield) it's a reason why HIGH lvl speeder so strong , and unfair why fixer should chose between his items/talents

P.S. I'm not a noob or child and my league rate is 3700 with low items( items.jpg ) , it's hard to play when u always below ... play vs mk6-7

12. Joey who

Most mk6+ fixers I see run 2x pulse and tape, which is horrible. That's why with 4 slots someone could run say.. 2x pulses + box + bolt or something.

Idk who had the idea that at mk6 fixers need more firepower. They should fix and that's all.

13. Earel

Earel Active Member

Idk who had the idea that at mk6 fixers need more firepower. They should fix and that's all.
    >>> for increase heal potential Fixer need one more slot ... not a weight of slot... something like [5][5][5][5] in mk6
    >>> and for remove firepower = remove weight or slot = [1][1] or [2] on mk6 but this idea should be compensate in other slot/weight

14. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Please,

Learn to take cover and bring bandages.

Screenshot_20171021-182540.png

15. Zotah

Zotah Member

I’m MK5 (lvl 36) and my main is a Fixer. I’ve started to play more on my Speeder since level 32 (I have also stoped working on the Fixer talent three). In the current state of the Fixer and when I reach MK6, I will play the selfish offensive Fixer wth double pulses and tape and see if I like it or not, so if teammates are not beside me you got no healing... I’m sure that an mk6 Fixer with that setup will be more then viable at my level of infamy (3200-3400) and maybe fun to play. But, at higher infamy level, I think the mk6 Fixer is too weak in term of protection and will probably get dispatched first by the wise players at that level. So, unless the Fixer got better protection by reworking either the blue or yellow slot then I will probably switch to my Speeder or maybe Enforcer.

At that point, I think that Rovio have no intention to fix the Fixer since they think there is no problem with it, Fixer may be doing well at MK5 but only at low level of infamy. When I got matched against nightmare players like Morpheus and others high ranked players (it happen more often that you may think...go figure the match making) I’m totally worthless and the time it take to throw that repair box in the air and I’m dead before the box reach the surface (it take no time for Morpheus to spot you and boom, no more little Fixer...lol).

Rovio devs, have a look at Earel post and please acknowledge it. The survival of the high level Fixer is in your hand.

The Otherguy and Earel like this.
  16. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Oh great, its been too far long since the last post telling Fixers how to play :) Good job!

17. Joey who

Take it how you want. Probably different up in higher leagues but from the few mk6 fixers I've played with, I have the impression that they focus on firing way more than they do fixing as that's what has happened every time I have been put in a nightmare matchup with a mk6 fixer

The Otherguy likes this.
  18. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    I feel like the duct tape is necessary, as they can’t properly self heal themselves. Remember when Fixers got nerfed when pulse only heal 1/2 way? They were trying to make people use duct tape to make up for the 1/2 heals. Fixers are already too strong and they don’t need more healing slots. If you don’t have your own self healing product without a fixer that’s your problem.

I disagree with adding another slot. It’ll just make fixers broken without a doubt. Someone mentioned triple pulse. That’s just gonna make games with 2-4 fixers harder to win unless you seriously know what you are doing. Remember there are a lot of p2w out there, and Epic t5 pulses healing 130 a tick so Imagine t5 legendary pulse. Probably almost 200 a tick.

Conclusion - If you don’t run bandage that’s your problem. If you need health go to your fixer.

The Otherguy likes this.
  19. Joey who

The disadvantage of running slow ships is that I can't chase a fixer as fast as they can run away from me, which sadly, is usually the case

20. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Then stick close to your team, no matter where you are, you should be in a situation where you know you are safe and don’t go by yourself.

Dabombbab3 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.