1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Feedback & suggestions] - Guilds

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by *Rubber Duck*, 30 Sep 2017.

1. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Completely agree.

Once a week.

Not twice. It's too many in a row.

2. SuperDuper!

SuperDuper! New Member

They just have to remove the prerequsite win of the quest. It should count even a lose. So people would not drop infamy. And better rewards on season. So they have to push infamy

jSwtch likes this.
  3. NaveFantasma

NaveFantasma Member

Noooo!!! If people play for no win and judt for damages or kill (missions) it will be the chaos with people playng with no attention if win or loose, with sh#t weapons, not payng attention if die or not, making loosing the team in stupid ways, and your infamy will drop...

Iunch likes this.
  4. Iunch

Iunch Active Member

I didn't have time or patience to read 10 pages of suggestions, so I apologise if this has already been suggested.

Can you please remove power cells from the raffle. All power cells of every rarity. Getting a bad perk or item piece at least we can scrap it sell it, but power cells just feels like we've wasted our time.

Thanks

5. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

I rolled last week's board probably 16-18 times... and I swear I got green power cells on at least 8 or 9 of those rolls... I was so frustrated...

6. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

The guild quest contribution ranking needs a small change. You know, the guild-wide ranking where you can see how much members have contributed to guild quests. The thing is that right now, with ship specific fleet quests, only the person that has the required ship gets contribution. For example, if the quest is "win x battles with enforcer while fleeting with a guild member", and a shooter and enforcer are fleeting, then only the enforcer gets contribution points. This leads to situations where people can be at the bottom of the ranking, giving the appearance that they didn't participate in guild quests at all, while in reality they fleeted for hours helping other people do their ship specific fleet quests.

Solution: give equal points to both people in the fleet (while obviously still only giving quest progress for the person who's using the required ship).

FataMorgana88 likes this.
  7. Spinners71

That's a very fair point. I don't know if it warrants the solution you propose, but...
    Guilds/leaders should definitely realize this possibility and not just take "contribution score" on face value -- especially if they're going to take action from those results, they should do further investigation to figure out true story...

8. NaveFantasma

NaveFantasma Member

The personal contribution reward points for each mission should be balanced too... now is sufficient to play one or two easy missions of the first table (20 mins of game) to have 2000 personal points on the leaderbord score and instead who plays for hours to finish a mission in the 4th table get just few reward points...this is not fair...i think it should be counted in the opposite way... cose the difficult to end that mission is not the mirror of the time that players spended to finish it... so as it is now if you look the leaderboard score maybe you have the first place member who played 20 mins in the beginning of the war, and the poor player, who was not online in the first phase of the war, in the lower places playng for days to finish the more difficult missions to have just some hundreds persinal points, i think this is not right. The guild leaders cant know who is the more active or more "efficient" member of the guild, but just maybe who is the more lucky to be on line during the first phases of the war... this is not good.

FataMorgana88, KiloMeda and Miathan like this.
  9. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Good point! This actually happened to me, but I didn't realize until now that you wrote this, that it was because of board 1 (and maybe board 2). I really hope the devs make changes, seems like the contribution ranking is not useful right now...

10. Spinners71

Just because the contribution ranking isn't terribly useful, doesn't mean the devs need to make changes.
    It just means people need to realize that most rankings systems (including this one) have flaws and limitations for what they properly (or fail to) take into account.
    Sure, you could improve/change the algorithm to score/rank people differently, but that would have flaws too.

The best solution (which no dev can implement) is for each guild to think about what behavior they actually want from their members, communicate that, measure that, and act on that.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Ya, totally. Remove powercells. Please.

12. SuperDuper!

SuperDuper! New Member

The floaters! Infamy droppers because.of guild quest. It hurts a lot.
    Screenshot_20171022-232310.png Screenshot_20171022-232310.png Screenshot_20171022-232310.png Screenshot_20171022-232136.png

13. SuperDuper!

SuperDuper! New Member

F*** the guild quest!!! Theres a lot of floater and infamy droppers because of it. I hate it.

!REMOVE GUILD QUEST!!!!!!

14. Mr. Aussie

Mr. Aussie Well-Known Member

What I'd love to see is guild rules! Somewhere to write your guilds rules and regulations ect. That only guild members can see. That'd be awesome for the owners of guilds.

jSwtch, NaveFantasma and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  15. Spinners71

Posted this in another thread (https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/down-over-700-infamy-since-last-update.13558/page-2), but thought this was a better place for it:

Want another reason to get rid of weapon-specific guild quests?

I realized today that quests for non-Shooter ships don't exist:
    - there are no quests for yellow items
    - there are no quests for causing unfriendlies to miss
    - there are no quests for taking damage (oh God, can you imagine?!)
    - there are no quests for healing

The point is, damage quests flood our quest board, all of which are best approached as a Shooter.
    This means more people will play/upgrade Shooter now above other ships (even more than they already do).
    This hurts ship/item variety at every level.

I don't know whether it was this thread or another, but I think I remember saying something about how weapon-specific quests should go away.
    This makes me believe this now even more.
    I'd rather see a smaller quest board (say, just 6 quests)
    We need to get rid of damage quests (weapon-specific or not)
    The remaining quests should only measure stars or wins.
    I guess I could suffer having them be ship-specific.

But you know what I would really want?
    Get rid of all quests.
    Rivalries now only care about one guild-wide tally: # wins.
    Rovio can still distribute raffle points to the whole guild at various checkpoints (i.e. 100, 500, 1000, 3000, etc).
    Rovio can still give extra raffle points to members who contribute more wins to the total.
    Rivalry rewards don't need to change.
    People will no longer have incentive to play sub-par ships/weapons.
    People will have incentive to play their best every game.
    People will have incentive to play MORE HOURS (win-win for everyone).
    People will have incentive to stay in their guild for the entire duration of the rivalry.

Rovio's has a business incentive for people to use a larger variety of ships/weapons.
    That means there's more stuff for us to spend on upgrades.
    I hope they see how their quests stifle variety in the short and long term.
    I hope they see how my proposed changes could really help player frustration AND their bottom line at the same time.
    At least, I think so...

d_p air likes this.
  16. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

i totally agree with you on getting rid of weapon specific quests, in my opinion, boat specific quests should also be taken out of the equation... both types of quest do not promote a "best foot forward" approach to battles at all times... i made some suggestions for replacement quest types like - winning battles in under X minutes, winning battles while firing at least X times and hitting XX% of the time, winning battles w/ x boats afloat, winning battles with X number of battle badges/highlights, accumulating X number of specific badges... all these, i believe, will encourage players to play with their best loadouts and implement their most efficient tactics. i hope the devs will consider these...

d_p air likes this.
  17. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Lol, totally agree with that either. Power cells or even parts can be obtained easly. Some quests requires tons of guild mates cooperation and self struggling. Hard earned tokens are spent away like that. It feels like isn’t a reward.

Last edited: 30 Oct 2017
    d_p air and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  18. Aire Joredinz

Aire Joredinz New Member

They definitely need to remove the fact that only wins count towards guild quests. Just because I lost doesn't mean I didn't do any damage, sink ships, earn stars, or healed my teammates.

19. Spinners71

This would probably help address the 'infamy tanker' problem. If you remove the requirement of winning, then people wouldn't have the incentive to (passively) lose a bunch (while watching TV or whatever), and then play a bunch of games just easily win, climb back up and get the quest rewards more quickly, and then rinse-repeat the next night...

It still doesn't solve the problem with players using really weak ships/weapons just to finish quests... There are several possible solutions (like being able to re-roll guild quests, have each quest to use one of the 2 listed weapons...), but the best solution there would just be to remove ship- or weapon-specific quests.

20. jSwtch

jSwtch Member

Changes to the screen Guilds -> Quests -> Contribution List
    • I want to kick/promote people from the guild directly from this list! (Shouldn't have to research their name through the guild registry list)
    • Once people are out of the clan remove them from this list!
    • Add badge to people who are new to clan (this quest season), also badges to people who have been there a while!
    New Quests
    • Total damaged blocked (tesla shield)
    • Time frozen (frost mortar/frost bolt)
    • Distance traveled/Time spent accelerated (overboost/nitro)
    • Badges gained per match!
    • Badge Quests!
    • Long shot
    • Popular

Last edited: 8 Nov 2017
    TheAntiSnipe and benguin8 like this.