1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Carronade

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Gnu, 18 Oct 2017.

1. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Ever since the carronade lost its 8th projectile, it has been sucking as an item ever since. Especially since that defenders have become so op with the amount of p2w came on May 4th, that is what started the carronade to fall down. Here’s why.

You actually have to get up close to the target using the carronade, which means if you try to even get up your opponent, you’ll probably be dead by the time you get to the target. Also if you’re the lowest player in your match and the opponent is super strong, what’s the point of engaging into combat when you know you’re going to get wrecked and people are going to report you for suiciding just trying to work around the carronade’s purpose.

Another thing logical is that the carronade is a ‘cannon’. (Search up definitions). I don’t know why rovio has not taken noticed about this misleading game logic but i stand before the carronade being a cannon. If the carronade was a cannon then it would get some of the buffs from the bhurt talent tree. Increasing the damage would help the carronade become a great item again. Moreover, would get bonuses from flare gun fire.

A carronade is supposed to shred the target’s armor. Very surprised that the carronade can’t shred defender armor. Instead of that it’ll only take 1% of health. If you can’t damage a defender, there is something wrong with the item.

Before you know it carronade is only good if it’s strong. I’ve been waiting for epic carronades but since my luck is bad they never come.

Here are my suggestions on how to make the carronade better:

1 - Armor Penetration

If it’s supposed to shred the ship’s armor then armor penetration has to come. If you’re fighting a defender with 100+ defence and 15k and you’re using a carronade and another weapon without a stun bolt then something’s wrong.

2 - The speed on speeder using carronade talents.

I have a t5 maxed rare turbo and i’ve only got 1.53 speed. I feel like it’s not fast enough. Even with nitro, mk4 and 5 speeders are still faster than me.

Any suggestions is fine but this weapon is slowly losing it’s game.

2. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

i think the carronade is still quite powerful specially with max epics and high level legendaries... my friend has a max T5E carro and it does around 230 per projectile... so that's around 1500 damage every 6 secs, quite OP actually. Not to mention its the only weapon with debuffing abilities. Best counter to it is defense stats and range. still very powerful... carro speeders can routinely shred shooters in seconds without getting hit or damaged significantly.

3. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Carronade is great end game weapons and probably the best 1v1 weapon in the game. think about it it slows turret and ships dishes out dmg like 1400-1500 per shot with 5.6 cool down(for epic tier 5). so in theory its the greatest weapon of all time. but what all people and developers got collectively wrong is that it is not a shooter
    weapon or a defensive weapon its a speeder weapon all the way and it is weapon for offence not defence. watch this thread posted a while ago.
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/why-carronade-is-a-good-weapon-for-speeders.12143/
    so why are speeders not using it more since it is so great. the problem lies in the talent tree have a look at swift talent tree You will see that each and every talent of the carronade (even the most important one like turret slowing ability) is conflicting with the talents which are essential for the speeder like nitro, speed, overboots and agility. will i increase dmg of carronade over my speed which will save my life in the game. simply no.
    having said all that heres an appeal to the developers please make the talents for carronade less conflicting specially turret and speed slowing ability and some of its dmg buff talents too. a little buff is also needed and it is its spread angle should be decreased by 2 degree so that we can include range perks on it. pls understand there is no buff in dmg needed nor is armour piercing ability needed simply changes in talent tree.
    PS: here are some pics of the swift talent tree

Attached Files:

Last edited: 18 Oct 2017
  4. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    What if you can’t get close at all? I try to play around it but i end up like a camping shooter.

Nikkie! likes this.
  5. yellowocean

i think the devs made it that way for the carronade because speeders with carronade, as they are now, are absolute nightmares to deal it... fully optimize carros are best for enforcers, it is the best chase down weapon because of its slow effects. just my thoughts

Miathan likes this.
  6. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    I kind of hate sitting in the back with my stuff and doing nothing. I only deal 2k - 5k game average.

Nikkie! likes this.
  7. Crashedup

Yep that's true and I thought so too that's why I said some and more imp ability like slowing down should be made less conflicting to make it a good weapon at mid lvls too.
    The devs got too afraid that it might become such a strong weapon that they made it such an underwhelming weapon at mid levels.
    If we go by gnu stats the maxed out epic turbo will make up for the speed lost in training the carronade thus making your and developers fear a living reality.
    But the point still stays that if they do not makes those changes the weapon will still continue to be the lowest rate used weapon in the game.
    And they can always debuff carronade talent figures if it becomes too powerful.

8. Crashedup

That can be only achieved with practice and i don't recommend double carronade pair it with sniper canon that's a good combo in my opnion moderate cooldown and low cooldown combo with far and close range.
    And as a speeder we do get out own share of 1v 1 don't we?

9. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    I don’t use double carronade, i use a blast cannon. I would never go double carronade, if you can’t get close then you can’t do anything. I’ll try sniper 1 day.. 1 day...

Nikkie! and Crashedup like this.
  10. yellowocean

yeah, i have tried using carro speeders before, it is tough to get close. what i usually do though is to find the ones that strays from the pack and pick them off, try a nitro, OB, tesla bolt configuration for your speeder to get in and out fast if you need to. The friend i was talking about with a max T5E carro is very good at that. he uses a carro sniper combo. for blue items he uses turbo, big shield and bandage/rudder.. he is much tougher to sink when he uses a rudder

Crashedup likes this.
  11. Crashedup

Yep that's a good setup.
    That's the ideal setup only change one can do is take rudder which helps in your escape.

12. Crashedup

Gnu you can check the videos of WcorgiP gameplay that I posted in my previous thread the link is in the first post I made in this thread

13. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I think Carronade would probably combine well with a Big Torp, as they cover each other’s weaknesses quite well.

Defenders laugh at carronade, but they’re sitting ducks for Big Torp, and it’ll take a huge chunk out of their hp.

While you’re waiting for Big Torp to cool down, carronade has a good rate of fire, and it has you covered if anything gets inside your minimum range.

I don’t know if the damage to ‘slowed’ target perks, for torpedo, work against targets slowed by carronade, but if they do, that could potentially be quite useful as well.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  14. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

This works well on fixers :D
    I guess carrronade deserve a +1-2 range buff

15. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    I’ve seen him play. I’ve matched made with him alot recently. He’s got good stuff.

Nikkie! and Crashedup like this.
  16. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Ofc he is a pay2win but yes he is dangerous XD

17. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    CEAABA58-BE5B-4700-8609-2F0130F39754.png Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :(

Nikkie! and ViscountSniffit like this.
  18. Earel

Earel Active Member

Carronade works well only vs fixer and speeder 3 armor ships... if in your matchup mk6 shooter&defender = gg

19. Crashedup

Well not against my speeder because my speeder has 28 shield pts.
    And Why does my stupid banana boat has 28 shield pt because the stupid raffle gave me those stupid shield pt perks.
    But I have to say it funny to go 1v 1 against a a carronade user speeder :p

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  20. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

What I don’t understand is why it shoots projectiles with an angle, many times you end up missing many shots and at that short range is the difference between getting killed or kill the enemy. I feel like cannon is better just because of this

Da Carronade King likes this.