1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[UNOFFICIAL GUIDE]: My Personal tips to help you through rough waters (i think) :)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by yellowocean, 16 Oct 2017.

1. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

whew, i feel like a moderator... Rovio!!! pay up... pearls would be nice o_O:rolleyes::oops::D

The Otherguy likes this.
  2. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Ah, makes sense now :)

I may be wrong on the reverse thing, my apologies if so. Maybe I misinterpreted a post. All I can find now is this:

"Ships don't have specific maximum reverse speed, only worse acceleration backwards. And if you don't have the acceleration force, it doesn't pick up speed either. On the down wave you can reverse as fast as you go forward but it's more tricky."

Which does mean all ships can reverse as fast as move forward, it will be the acceleration that's different. It also means you're correct on overboost boosting the reverse.

3. yellowocean

ah yes, that's the always been the most unique aspect of this game... the freaking waves!!!

And yes, acceleration is the better term for it... enforcers have superior reverse acceleration. and if used well, you will be very hard to hit

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Wow 3k battles done and I still have so much to learn.
    Nice post by the way

Tmfh67401 and yellowocean like this.
  5. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

@yellowocean keep Noting good points from everyone's posts (if you think there is any), after all you will be the one to prepare final draft for this thread to end up in FAQs...

Wishaal likes this.
  6. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

You have to come back @Wishaal

Wishaal likes this.
  7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Lots of good advice, thanks for posting!

I'm not sure I agree with this, or better said, it may depend on your level. I've been through phases of the game where first I never had enough gold and I kept losing sugar to overflows (because the bucket is too small compared to training costs), then I never had enough sugar to get the quests I needed plus deal with item level-ups, and now I'm in the middle, where both are in equal short supply. I welcome both sugar and gold quests, because I am forced to save up all sugar to keep training active, and I try to save gold for items that appear in the market. Now it's very balanced.

Here's a word of advice from me on Power Cells (those things many people people don't realize exist):

I've hit a hard wall in the game that affects both FTP and PTP players: I cannot further evolve Rare items due to lack of Rare power cells. I estimate I can farm 20 per week, maybe a little more, but it takes 100 power cells to evolve a single item to T4. There's no way to earn them, and there's no way to buy them with real world cash without literally breaking the bank to buy and scrap rare items for a single power cell per item (or an evolved uncommon, which is very expensive). At uncommon level power cells are plentiful.... at all other levels they seem to be very precious. I can't make use of my thousands of uncommon power cells because I can't find enough uncommon parts in the market or via scrapping.... and considering you need more uncommon parts than rare parts to level up rare items, they are better saved for that. This situation doesn't affect those that pick a few items and stick with them the whole game, it affects those of us who keep a bunch of items; the kind of players good for breadth of guild quests.

Swag and Spinners71 like this.
  8. yellowocean

yes, those damn power cells can be frustrating to collect... for rare power cells you can get guaranteed quantities of it (outside of scrapping rares) if you level up an uncommon item to level 21 and then scrap it... you'll get rare power cells for sure then. But as far as resource farming techniques are concerned, i'm not that knowledgeable on that so i can't really give you more details. i'll focus more on actual battle strategies and boat loadouts. Good luck to ya :)

as for the gold vs sugar dilemna, i have never had any trouble collecting sugar, i routinely max out my sugar cap in 1-2 days of regular play, well ahead of my crew's training duration. i always have enough for crew training and upgrades. i have more trouble building up my gold storage because i need to keep on buying parts. This, of course, depends on how much time you put into playing the game.

Tmfh67401 and Swag like this.
  9. MistikaDan

MistikaDan New Member

I'm gonna add another Thumb's up! It's going in the bookmarks!

10. yellowocean

anybody want to request a topic related to this thread???

11. MistikaDan

MistikaDan New Member

Two things. Speeder and Enforcer. Maybe some map specific tips.

12. yellowocean

alright, i'll work on that... thanks...

MistikaDan likes this.
  13. MistikaDan

MistikaDan New Member

I'm the one thanking you!

14. Babablacksheep

Make a boat specific guide, been waiting for it...

15. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

16. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

OP was good yellow :) good description of how to use focus fire, retreating and flanking. In addition to missing flanking just generally causes them to rotate turrets and leave them doing less dps as they have no target and are just staring at a wall sometimes lol, hate when it happens to be by a pesky enforcer.

17. yellowocean

come on, man, give me a break, this is pro-bono, i have a whole region to manage in my real-world life... hahahaha i'll make 'em when i can... please be patient

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  18. Babablacksheep

Yea i never said make them now, i thought you gave up since thread stopped getting response. I know it takes time, you take your time and make it a good one. For what I know, i m in no hurry;) unnamed (8).gif

19. yellowocean

hahahaha

20. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

I didn't read all of it, but did read most.
    Pretty decent but as of the last patch I largely disagree on your point about getting gold quests over sugar. I always re roll a gold quest to get a sugar one now.
    With the guild raffle, I am overflowing with rare and epic perks for weapons or items I don't use, and so I sell them. I am constantly sitting on 2 million gold now, with over 10k of every part (including epic). The only thing holding me back is sugar now.

benguin8 and Babablacksheep like this.