1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Feedback] - guild quest exploit and actions

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by The Grim Repair, 13 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

Data i do belive would be easy but would only show u how many players did more than 1 board 1 in under a week would it not?....im not real sure how data would show a players intent?

Miathan likes this.
  2. Maxpuma

Maxpuma Member

They can funnel players by token earned, boards closed (by guild if necessary), quests closed, basically anything.

Or think of it this way if they know what debt to give for light exploiters, than that means they can do all of those filtering. They just peaked lazy option.

They’ll prob surprise on Monday, how much activity dropped from rollback and how much refunds requested.

3. *Rubber Duck*

I still dont see how any of that can show anyone a playeres intent....they know the debt amount becaus that is a traceable number....HOW DO U TRACK DOWN A PLAYERS "INTENT" is what im asking....data can not track weather or not one exploited purposely or by mistake can it? The only way i can think of to find the players true intent is to screen chat logs or ask them...hey did u mean to do this

4. Palsy

Palsy New Member

You need then punish those who created the guild. And still it's your problem, you had to stop the game, and fix the errors.

5. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

[
    I never abused the 'exploit'. I simply am able to see things in shades of gray as opposed to black and white. Its a very simplistic point of view to suggest that anyone that is sympathetic towards people that were punished also did the same. I have been in the same guild the entire time. I received the reward extra tokens for not 'exploiting'. I was not rolled back. I was not put at a negative token deficit.

You're right. Its not worth all of the arguing. But its not a lenient course of action.

There are methods to determine which users completed Board 1 over repeatedly, and which players guild hopped to help friends get past particularly troublesome quests. Its not a difficult query. I speak that as an application developer myself.

There are people that have spent hundreds if not thousands on this game. When they saw others seemingly take advantage of a situation and gain ground, that seemingly was permissible, were they supposed to step back and allow that to happen without protecting their own status? It may be black and white to some people, but its just not to me. I have some sympathy to those people that were just trying to protect the investment that they have made in to this game.

A query could determine what was acquired through tokens and remove those items while leaving honestly earned items intact, and allow users to keep whatever was acquired fairly. But that won't happen. Its far easier to simply roll back.

This game is losing players that have made a long term, positive contribution to the game. If others don't recognize that as a problem, and are more focused on what they believe is 'fairness', then there is simply no convincing otherwise. But there are players that have left the game, and I am disappointed to see them gone.

6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I said it many pages ago, I'll say it again. Devs, please close this thread. It is no longer producing any meaningful feedback, and as such, is dead.

Miathan and The Otherguy like this.
  7. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

OR maybe some people bringing pointless salt, i mean this thread is meant for feedback. Let people give thier feedback. Just people trying to pick fights at every given opportunity should be blocked

EDIT :- If dev blocked threads like you said, we wouldn't have awesome post by yellow ocean..

@monobrow @D3X what's your take on this. We need opinions of members who produce best arguments

Last edited: 14 Oct 2017
    Evilchicken235, Cyn and lucky2431 like this.
  8. *Rubber Duck*

You ask for the best arguments but when arguments come to this thread u call them "salt" y is that? Is it because the argument isnt in ur favor?

9. Watershade

Watershade New Member

I played, I liked the game, I got excited about the last update, and although I only started active tokens on October 8, I rolled back the 2 nd number, not figuring out how things were extracted from the rafle or from the shankuks of awards for assignments-daily. Also, I've lost pieces of the legendary equipment obtained through parsing, bought at a conventional weapon store, and a premium container. And the rewards from the lottery this season, which began after quickly getting tokens became impossible. Thus, the developer completely withdrew from responsibility for the raw update, shifting it to the shoulders of active players, (because the ability to get tokens was at all!)
    Having selected indiscriminately everything, and that received from the rafle and received from other sources.

lucky2431 and *JAWS* like this.
  10. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Everything that can be said about this, has already been said, but it’s probably better to keep it contained here, rather than have it spill out onto the rest of the forum.

It was a smart move to create this topic, and provide an outlet for it all. It might best to let it run its course.

Miathan likes this.
  11. Babablacksheep

NAH I SUPPORT YOUR BELIEF AND ALL OTHER NON EXPLOITER,And frankly i don't even know whether D3X and monobrow exploited. Problem is you and that cisco (2 for the most) have grabbed every opportunity to disown every exploiters comment. I DON'T mind your arguments duck, but in every post i see your argument, they plainly meant to start a fight and then lock the thread(you have been quite successful)

I WILL TRY MY BEST TO KEEP THIS THREAD OPEN, FELLOW EXPLOITERS AND NON EXPLOITERS ALL SHOULD HAVE FEEDBACK FOR THE STEP TAKEN.

12. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Euhm, regardless of wether someone's comment is salty or not, it doesn't excactly help to respond to salty comments with more salt.
    So can we please stop this?

If you want to throw salt at me, I'll happily accept it as private message, but please stop with salt throwing in this thread.

13. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

That Bogus AF! Somebody Help this man and get his tokens straightened out!

behumble, TheAntiSnipe and *JAWS* like this.
  14. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

What if I told you that I farmed the most tokens outta anyone, but what if I also told you that I played less then 20 matches in all those days I spent farming, Perks of being the organizer, hell, I just collected all day of Sunday without even playing and sat my happy ass watching football.

behumble, TheAntiSnipe and *JAWS* like this.
  15. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

"Work smarter, not harder."

You sound like a straight shooter with upper management written all over you.

TheAntiSnipe and MasterMind like this.
  16. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

Haha I farmed extra days when I didn't need anything because I started farming with free players from chill zone and those who wanted to keep farming, I kept organizing for them. I can assure we had an effective method in place. I probably get a slap on the wrist if I stopped when I planned to, but I continued to help be the organizer so others who really needed to benefit can. I've spent a ton on this game I didn't need it as much as the free players. Oh and it was more fun then i've ever had on this game.

behumble likes this.
  17. Babablacksheep

Lol really it was super fun, although i gained literally nothing at all, atleast i will have good memories.

I have seen many newbies in global bragging about how good the got by farming, i was like these noobs gonna get us banned for sure :D:D:D

Good times, PIRATE LIFE ON BATTLE BAY.

D3X, MasterMind, lucky2431 and 2 others like this.
  18. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Thread Summary Developers.

Token Farming bad... We accept the also on the wrist. Perks, and tokens.
    What we don't accept is the taking of items bought with real cash. And the taking of sugar and gold thru game play grinding.

This can simply be fixed. Don't choose a lazy Oct 2 rollback method.

Got thru the numbers and any time a credit card is used. That pearls, etc is charted and safe.

Also...non farmers. I haven't read as single constructive idea from any of u regarding this.

Don't cheat isn't one.
    Read the rovio rules. Isn't one.

Seriously. We are all players.

Try to help.

19. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Help your fellow players. Not be overly punished. Developers got back what was taken. And non farmers you got a reward.

The issue now is they took more than they should have. My Legendary Torpedo is a great example. 300 cash down the drain.

So please keep this forum constructive. Not with criticism. But with how developers can fix this

MasterMind and yellowocean like this.
  20. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

Don't be the best you can be for just yourself, be the best you can be for those around you. I organized numerous farms for the free players and I'd of never thought I'd of had as much fun as I did with 1500 infamy players like that. I don't regret the time I spent with all the farmers who joined me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.