1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

SUGGESTIONS: Boat Switching, Crew skill sets, and more...

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by yellowocean, 11 Oct 2017.

1. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

the cap system should counter or make it harder for hypocrites like you to take advantage of lower level players

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Very immature. I was simply giving feedback. Didn't know I would offend you for not agreeing.

Shadow Moon! and Miathan like this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

What about this one? Speeders at lower infamies/levels (mk4) need OP weapons compared to shooters of the same infamy. We can't measure every ship with the same standards, can we? I mean, I have a rare mk3 blast and an epic bt. Both are maxed out. But, if you permit this for everyone in my league...imagine a shooter with all rare mk3s in the 1100s.

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

He was kidding. You were giving an example ri8? He was answering in the context of the example....maybe? And NOT trying to offend you?

Mr. Chompers and Wishaal like this.
  5. yellowocean

no it goes way before that... unless you have a short memory. thanks anyways

6. Bradley Thorinsson

Bradley Thorinsson Well-Known Member

Fight! fight! fight!

7. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

There is one problem with all of this: the caps. Infamy only works well for all players of all skill and gear levels because there are no caps. There are plenty of players that aren't very good at the game (and/or have a bad connection and device) and sit at low infamy with relatively strong items. That's fine. Your suggestions would cap their item power, making these people that were already low in infamy drop even lower, meaning they could never get to a high enough infamy to unlock their item's actual power. This would not only make them less likely to spend and reduce Rovio's income, it would also ruin the game for those people, because 1) they'd drop in infamy a lot and see their power reduced, which will demotivate them greatly, and 2) if they upgrade their items they'll no longer gain any power.

Changes that only improve the game for those who are skilled are never a good idea.

PastelPiku likes this.
  8. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I can't see any downside to having a different crew skillset for each boat.
    Having to retrain for hours (not to mention wait a week for current training) every time I want to switch boats is becoming problematic, especially because of boat specific guild quests.
    My mostly rare gear hardly keeps me in the nightmare league as it is to be honest, and using it underskilled against the real nightmares would only burden my team.

9. yellowocean

exactly :) let's hope the devs give this proposal some serious consideration :)

Tmfh67401, Neptune_Gaming and Stelmo like this.
  10. yellowocean

i see your point, however, the key their is the actual cap numbers... the devs can, based on their database, determine the reasonable cap parameters per league. The goal is not to eliminate the advantages of buying powerful weapons early on but to soften the impact a bit to get more balanced matches and discourage infamy tanking further. Right now, many players, mostly F2P and moderate spenders are getting bullied in the lower leagues by whales with legendaries and high level epics that, in effect, also adds to the factors in players quitting as well. But i think overall, a good cap system will deliver a better match experience in most cases.

11. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

+++
    Playing speeder and shooter and having fixer in plans I need that presets ALOT.

12. yellowocean

Everybody needs it specially with the boat specific quests... having the right skills selected whenever you switch boats would be a really big help

13. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

While I appreciate what you’re trying to do, I think this system is unnecessarily convoluted.

A simpler solution would be to stop people ‘selecting’ ships that aren’t within 1 mk of thier highest.

For example, if your main ship is a mk4 shooter, and you want to try an enforcer, then you must upgrade your enforcer to at least mk3. Otherwise when you click ‘select’ in your ship inventory, it will tell you ‘you must upgrade this ship before it can be selected’.

For weapons I think it would be easiest to put the limits on the ships themselves. So for example weapons must be at least L10 common, to fit on a mk3, L10 uncommon to fit on mk4, and L10 rare to fit a mk5.

You could impose upper limits too if you wish, but I don’t see much point.

14. TheAntiSnipe

I like it!

15. Fin-

Fin- Active Member

Devs! It's gods idea!
    Will be more battle, more fleet!
    Now, i can't battle. Cus infamy pressure :c

16. yellowocean

yeah, that was already discussed/suggested all the way back in the beta period (old forum). Since the devs didn't work on that, i thought of some other alternatives :)

ViscountSniffit and Wishaal like this.
  17. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, how would your system handle leagues and rewards? If you’re playing at all kinds of different infamy levels, which league are you in and which rewards do you get?

The same for crew talents. Since many of the crew talents give boosts to care packages, which talent profile would be used? Could I potentially build one profile that has all the care package boosts activated, and switch to that profile every time I open a package, in order to get better rewards?

Ackoroth likes this.
  18. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

I think care package aren't so significant, unless they boost pearl gain. For gold and sugar it's not so worth it. If the improvements come as OP mentions, care packages would be least of a concern

19. yellowocean

for your first question:
    • the boat with the highest infamy will be the designated overall crew profile. This is set at the beginning of every season. care package boosts upgrades will follow the designated boat's crew skills. your league placement will also be based on that boat's infamy, including global rankings
    • Alternatively, an average infamy of all boat's can be used but this would make playing all boats a task instead of an option.
    As for having one profile focused on maximizing care package boosts, you can but it has to be your designated boat and you can just focus on your other boats throughout the season. the downside to that is you'll be de-maximizing your designated boat and won't be able to use it with optimal skill sets. But yeah, from the way i thought of it, yes you can do so.

20. Samwise

Samwise Active Member

If the problem is high level players running underpowered boats in top leagues, then an easier solution, to me, is to allow infamy and/or ship captain level to unlock additional ships, in addition to gold. So, for example, at 3k infamy or ship captain level 35 I get all mk 4 boats unlocked (or unlocked at a discount). If I had that I might be willing to make a push to save up the 3m gold to upgrade my non-main ship to MK5. OR, you could just make it so upgrading any one boat will upgrade all other boats to level n-1 (i.e. once you upgrade to MK5, all other ships become mk4).

Now, the tendency to run underpowered WEAPONS I don't think is as big of a problem, at least for me as a shooter. For example, for a guild quest I recently bought a rare flare gun and swapped it in place of my swift torp, and I went on a nice little win streak. Plus, the steady progression of weapon upgrades is a really satisfying part of the game. If you play daily you will usually see your weapons increase in power daily, so to the extent underpowered weapons are a problem, that problem resolves over time.