1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[POLL] Duct tape made useful? (Idea)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Joey who, 12 Oct 2017.

?

Duct tape heals 50% on contact

1. Yes. Because...

47.1%
  2. No. Because...

41.2%
  3. I don't know. Because...

11.8%
  1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

What if a fixer with duct tape active could touch a boat (actual contact) and that boat would get 50% of the duct tape's heal while the fixer is touching them? It would stop healing the teammate if the fixer and teammate stopped touching. And no not like pulse, this would have 0.1 radius

Would this stop the complaining about duct tape?

Would this give duct tape some use?

Would this be OP?

You decide..

2. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

No, because duct tape is powerful as it is. It's the biggest self heal in the game. The reason it's not used much is not that it's underpowered, but rather that something that only heals yourself is undesirable. It could do twice the healing it does and it would still not be used much. My point is, if it were to have area healing capabilities, its power would need to be reduced. On top of that, requiring your boat to touch another for anything is a bad idea, because plenty of people don't have perfect connections, and lag can cause touching on your screen to be something completely different as touching on the server.

Zachiderp, behumble, Wishaal and 3 others like this.
  3. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Interesting

If this is implemented,
    U will see 5 ship in 1 fixer.

Lol

4. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

It's a nice idea but I do think it would be a high risk decision to hug your fixer for that extra HP. The reason being an unfriendly potentially can hit / sink 2 or more for the price of one.

What I would like to see as a side thought, and whether this would be for Duct Tape or Bandage or both is for further discussion is a % chance per tick (say 30%) to remove a negative condition. But talent it just as heal bolt needs to be talented to remove slow/stun effects.

behumble likes this.
  5. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

What if duct tape were a yellow item?

I realise, that statement will likely make anyone with speederphobia recoil in horror. But to me it feels more like a yellow anyway, because it’s like an ‘active’ version of the bandage.

That would solve the conflict on fixers, give Enforcers a much needed bump, and tbh even speeders aren’t exactly blessed in the hp department. It would mean one fewer Stuns, Frosts or Nitros, which even the haters would probably appreciate.

6. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Shhhhhh, I’m making a video that doesn’t talk good about duct tape!
    <^<

7. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    How about anything with a radius of 3 (except healer) loses its frost/stun?

8. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Actually, I like this idea. You might need to nerf Duct Tape's healing a little bit (only about 5%) and buff the healing amount (maybe 75% instead of 50%), but I think it adds an interesting high-risk, high-reward mechanic to an otherwise boring item. Directly touching other ships to heal them is dangerous, but with Duct Tape's healing potential, it could round out Fixer's selection of single-target heals. As the idea is now it would actually be pretty powerful since, not accounting for lag, you have two people that are potentially blocking damage for the other person while simultaneously healing for a lot. When two people are overlapping each other, it's not easy to definitively hit either one without an AoE.

I don't know why so many people are opposed to giving Duct Tape an ally-healing mechanic. It can be tweaked, I'd rather not shoot this one down. The alternative is to just keep scowling at people who use it and hope it gets removed from the game, which seems mean-spirited.

Related Idea: How about giving Duct Tape an ability that lets you tape yourself onto an allied ship for the duration (based on whether or not you're locked on)? While strapped, the ally gets 100% of Duct Tape's and is immune to CC, while the Fixer heals himself for 20% of the effect. Fixer will follow the exact same movements as his friend. During this, the Fixer can fire weapons, but can't use yellow or green items except for re-using Duct Tape, which detaches from the allied ship. Detaching or waiting for the duration to end does not trigger the global cooldown, so you can get away in a hurry if you need to. The trade-off is that you're essentially doubling the width of the person you're strapped to, making it easier for attacks to land, and Fixer can't heal himself for very much while he's taped to someone else.

Reminds me of the Quick Fix from TF2.

Joey who likes this.
  9. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Tbh,
    Current Duct Tapes work just fine as it's intended to be :)

Have a go,
    Its will change you playstyle.

10. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

It will much better if it can also make the ship immune maybe 50% of stun or freeze or flame

Hahaha

The Otherguy likes this.
  11. Zerolive

Zerolive Well-Known Member

Duct tape is only green slot item which cannot heal other ship. In other word, it is a choice to make for all fixer to give up a slot for staying alive longer or use other healing items and keep healing friends repeatedly. This means fixer can lose shield and get faster with double turbo using duct tape or use other healing item like repair bolt or box launcher keeping shield. So it is perhaps better to leave it as it is now.

The Otherguy likes this.
  12. Joey who

True, but it's a useless item when you are full hp and when you need to self heal a repair box will do the same as a duct tape. I find the duct tape's only real use that it is easy to use (just press and activate)

The only way I ever find duct tape actually being reliable is if they made repair box self heal 50% as well (which I hope never happens btw)

The Otherguy and Zerolive like this.
  13. Zerolive

Zerolive Well-Known Member

Yeah duct tape is rarely used right now. It needs some kind of buff, that I agree on. But they should refrain to make it OP for sure. If they make it like self repair bolt (like boosting hp instead of slowly increasing it) it can be a little bit more helpful I think.:)

14. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Repair Box's heal is significantly worse than the Duct Tape's and has a delay. There's no argument to be made that Duct Tape isn't a good item; its viability isn't the problem. The problem is, as Miathan said:
    It's not fine as it is now because it changes your playstyle to be more selfish. Why leave an item untouched when most people hate it? It doesn't need a buff, it needs a rework.

Joey who likes this.
  15. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat

Anddddddddd
    Whenever someone that use a short boat(such as shooter or speeder) shoot something the bullets will just stuck inside that party

16. Joey who

Exactly, that's why duct tape has been buffed so much, because no matter how seemingly good the developers have tried to make it, a green item that doesn't heal teammates is frowned upon and you put yourself at risk of your team dying and you being last alive as a fixer

17. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

That would be kinda overpowered. Imagine what would happen if a fixer like that sticked itself on an HP monster defender with over 15k hp. How on earth do kill something like that? Or a sticky fixer like that sticked itself onto another fixer... That would result in an immortal fixer that can rush together with other ships in every situation

Even 5 nightmare players together have trouble killing something like that without losing 1 or 2 ships om their side. And that's without the fixer sticking to them.

Last edited: 13 Oct 2017
  18. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

Duct tape is definitely not useless and to all haters maybe u should try it . I just got mk5 fixer installed t2 epic duct and heal more than ever I don't have to run chasing g my own box when I get low hit points . but I also use the bolt which is instant heal at high speed way over yonder .its a matter of preference and play style that's all and what ring gives u

19. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Just kill the Fixer. It's moving just as slow as the Defender as long as it's stuck and is receiving very little healing. Any random torpedo would take it out.

Similar for Fixer, it wouldn't be much different than two Fixers each using their own Duct Tape and/or spamming Pulse. They aren't invincible, and if they're that close together they're easier to kill. And, of course, there would be a couple extra rules for Fixer pairs. Two Fixers can't tape themselves to each other at the same time.

No, there's only general healing quests. Duct Tape doesn't apply to those quests, either, since it's self-healing [Fact Check Requested].

Elena Kr likes this.
  20. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Meanwhile, a sneaky speeder with an arsenal of torpedoes arrives...