1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Notes] v. 2.5.1 bug fix update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Miika, 11 Oct 2017.

1. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Hi!

We have now released a bug fix update addressing most of the issues found with the previous guild update.

The updated versions are:
    iOS: 2.5.16358
    Android: 2.5.16364

Please find below the list of fixes and changes. Some of them require a download of the new game version and some of them are server side and already in effect.

Fixes
    • Fixed the guild quest contributor UI breaking sometimes when switching between quests
    • Fixed guild quest contributors to be sorted properly
    • Fixed various guild server crashes
    • Fixed issue regarding long names in boost screen
    • Fixed guild quests to be always randomized properly when the board changes
    • Fixed quest/raffle/rivalry timers to always show the correct time remaining
    • Fixed guild quest progress not always counting even if battle was won and contribution was made
    • Fixed battle logs sometimes showing duplicate entries and scrolling not working
    • Fixed UI inconsistencies in showing which guild won the rivalry in case of a tie
    • Fixed prompt to as select 2 quests even when if there were only 1 selectable
    • Fixed several bugs with Battle Highlights triggering incorrectly
    • iOS: Fixed a bug where you were seemingly teleporting out of the map in rare cases
    • Fixed the loophole allowing players to claim one free boost every time joining a new guild [NEW: 13.10.2017]
    • Fixed guild quest contribution not being counted if player left the battle early [NEW: 13.10.2017]

Changes/Improvements
    • Replaced kill-based guild quests with damage-based quests
    • Increased parts rewards from the legendary raffle
    • Joining a new guild will not allow you to claim rewards for quests or boards you have already claimed that week from another guild
    • Added option to disable Battle Highlights
    • Changed Battle Highlights to be less intrusive
    • Improved triggering condition of some Battle Highlights
    • Added text to explain boosts
    • Added visual effect to buying and claiming boosts
    • Added delay after claiming gifted boosts to prevent accidentally buying boosts
    • Removed raffle notification when the user has seen it once in the current play session
    • Guild contributor list now shows contribution from the whole week instead of the latest board [NEW: 13.10.2017]

Last edited: 13 Oct 2017
  2. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

cool.....
    Now no more napalm kills and flare gun kills...only damage counts....great fix
    Great update....:)

Last edited: 11 Oct 2017
    pdcpdc, Guil23, Iunch and 3 others like this.
  3. Charlotte Douche

Charlotte Douche Well-Known Member

wow nice now, i can dunk many ship without worrying about kills.
    Badges are optional now NICE !

pdcpdc, fr4nk1yn, Guil23 and 3 others like this.
  4. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

wow you have been working very very hard the last view days, a lot of improvements here! thx for the update and all the fixing

5. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Thank you @Miika and all the devs !
    As usual, you guys are awesome ! <3

6. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

Finally. :D :p

7. Jee

Jee New Member

Very nice updates indeed! :)
    This doesn't seem to contain a fix for the guild raffle token farming and items bought with them? Coming later?

Iunch likes this.
  8. Jee

Jee New Member

I mean fixing the old damage... ;)

9. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

As Zusay said, this will fix the farmers.
    The "rollback" of their doings might take some time.

10. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

Awesome, those kill quests will be much more doable.

11. Miika

Miika Game Lead

This update does contain fixes for the most major exploits:

"Joining a new guild will not allow you to claim rewards for quests or boards you have already claimed that week from another guild"
    This means that farming easy quest board is not possible anymore because player can claim only 12 easy quests per week, no matter which guild he/she is in.

"Replaced kill-based guild quests with damage-based quests"
    This means quests are not easier to complete with new low level accounts because they have lower level weapons which do less damage.

pdcpdc, Mr. Chompers, Ultrah and 12 others like this.
  12. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

Much better on paper. Now off to see how it works in game. Nice job devs at listening to our concerns

Turkett

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  13. Satanas

Satanas New Member

Business Man
    Finally :mad: no more exploiters and that nasty highlights blocking the visual field

Dobson and Terry Morgan like this.
  14. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    YES! thanks devs, much needed.

Mr. Chompers and The Grim Repair like this.
  15. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Hey devs, once new guild quest starts i m thinking of changing my guild [going back in old guild] , so will i get rewards when the quest ends in that particular guilds next week?.. It's a noob question, but i need some clarification

Secondly i joined my old friends guild two days ago because they were first in rivalry (no i m not a guild hoppers, i can share screen shots that the guild i m in wasn't created to complete board 1 only), will i receive token from that guild?

Main thing : I may loose token, but kill quests replaced by damage ones makes me more than happy. I hope its as good as it sounds. THANK YOU VERY MUCH DEVS:)

And you listened to exactly what i suggested (AM NOT TAKING THE CREDIT), BUT I LOVE IT:):)

Attached Files:

The Grim Repair and The Otherguy like this.
  16. Jee

Jee New Member

My intention was just to check if there's something for the guild raffle farming gains.
    I understand that it's a big thing to do, no doubt.
    Also fixing it probably comes harder all the time as there's also compound interest involved as some people have weeks of advantage with the old gains...

17. Battle Bay Scrub

Battle Bay Scrub Member

“Hyper speed” traveling off the map happened to me yesterday I was wondering if anyone else knew about it :)

ArromStone likes this.
  18. Miika

Miika Game Lead

You can claim the reward from your old guild, or new guild, but not from both. The system just makes sure you can't claim more quests then you would be able to by staying in a one guild.

Do you mean rivarly tokens? Those are awarded based on the situation when the rivarly ends.

pdcpdc likes this.
  19. Schrödinger

Schrödinger Member

I saw a screenshot from other player )

20. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

YES once i collect rivalry tokens from the current guild, THEN i wish to switch guild(as soon as quest ends) , so i just want to make sure i get rivalry tokens from new guild that i switched to when the next quest in that guild ends next week.. :)(thanks for the reply of above questions, my English can be a bit confusing, you can ignore my question if you don't understand it correctly)

EDIT :- I GOT YOUR POINTS, SORRY FOR PESTERING :)