1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

My MK2 Shooter build 1500 infamy

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by ArmyOlive, 16 May 2017.

1. ArmyOlive

ArmyOlive New Member

Hey what's up everybody. Just thought I'd share a build for anybody looking for a fun, aggresive carry type build and my play style to help you get you those infamy points you need before season ends if your having some bad luck. I'm still rocking a mk2 shooter and just broke 1500 infamy.

Here's what I ran

Cannon - R
    Sniper Rifle -UC
    Long Range Mortar -R

And how I played

Going into games I knew I wasn't as strong as other ships. I started playing frequently against higher grade mk3/mk4 ships once i started 1.1k+ trophies.

I want to play behind my allies and focus fire with the group to pick on their weakest boats and healers. Using the chat pings really helps dictate fights. Sometimes your team needs direction so everybody is on the same page. Ping out of position enemy ships or low hp units to be attacked in between shots. Use your range of the rifle and Mortar smartly and keep it on cool down as often as you have good shots. Learn the maps and how to play the opening battles and mind your positioning. Lastly if you need any help feel free to ask.

Hope it helps *edit* and feel free to share your builds.

Attached Files:

Last edited: 17 May 2017
    rlxgenerate and mammoth1946 like this.
  2. rlxgenerate

rlxgenerate Active Member

That's pretty much what I run but instead I've put 2 snipers on my shooter...I should probably put on a cannon but it's still tier 1 and don't feel like it does enough damage.
    Both of my sniper cannons do +200 damage and my cannon only does about 130...need to get it to at least t2

3. ArmyOlive

ArmyOlive New Member

I probably would run the same setup in your situation. I just adapted to the weapons I pulled and was winning more with. @rlx

4. rlxgenerate

rlxgenerate Active Member

My cannon is rare but I've dumped all of my materials into my sniper cannons. 1 is uncommon but t2 and the other is epic t1.
    I started then running a LRM and it's been effective because I have been able to hit guys behind rocks and structures. It's been fun adding the mortar to my set up.

5. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

I run my shooter with 2 rare cannons with perks equipped a uncommon mk 2 explosive cannon with a perk to add crit chance and a rare shield
    If anyone wants to try:p

6. ArmyOlive

ArmyOlive New Member

I feel like I would get shredded. I don't even have 1k hp :D:p

JDAR likes this.
  7. JustinBeaver

JustinBeaver Member

Coincidentally I have the exact same set up as you.

Mk 2 shooter
    Cannon - R
    Sniper Cannon- UC lvl 10
    Long Range Motar - UC
    Standard Shield - R

What's your gameplay like? I just risen to 300 rankings from 100+. Lvl 10 now. Still can't get consistent wins.

Usually I would tail behind the frontline and long range Motar the incoming path of enemies, somehow always end up in a mid-close range fight with them from mid-game onwards. Should I be playing run away far and shoot instead?

8. ArmyOlive

ArmyOlive New Member

Yes. I am shooting sniper shots and mortars with my team at least until we at least have a numbers advantage or we make them run. With our early mk2 we don't have the hp to trade blow for blow. So try to lead your mortars to make it land more center ship and lock on to their weaker ships and healers. I'm not using my cannon until it's time to try to wrap the game up and secure the win on the last couple ships.

9. Razerx100

Razerx100 Member

Tbh with MK2 Shooter and staying at 1500, you'll need to depend on your allies. I met so many 2000 infamy enemies with MK5 ships. My MK2 would tickle them barely.
    So I dropped a bit and now hang around between 1200-1300 with my squad of MK3 ships. Farming for MK4, then will push.
    Around last day of the season, I'll probably do a hard push so I'm above 1300 and at Master league III for dem after match bonus.