1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

It’s unfair for the speeder player!!

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by NiPo_O, 4 Oct 2017.

1. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

So is your 10,000 damage cannon.:p

The point is that bugs this obvious are fixed quickly and not allowed to linger for such a long time. I guess it was the same since beta (not sure, was not playing in beta so any corrections are welcome). Tesla used to be good. It still is good if you really notice which players you stun and aim for others the next time. At least, that's what I'm doing right now. And its kind of hard to keep up with the targets sometimes.

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I have no problem with using bolt post update. I do use that tactic of switching between stunning 2 targets now though, but works well for me

_devill likes this.
  3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I think the speeder is balanced against most other ships. The main problem for the speeder (at least at my level) is that shooters are way too good.

I actually prefer fighting defenders. Even though defenders are tough, at least I can survive for more than 5 seconds against them. Shooters are just insane though, relentless: blam, blam, blam, blam, every 2 seconds. And I can only take 3-4 hits tops (sometimes not even that).

Yesterday I actually got behind a shooter, and managed to land about 6 shots on him (he didn’t even know I was there). I’m running t3 rare BC, and t2 Epic ExC (pretty powerful weapons at my level) and I still wasn’t quite able to kill him.

Eventually, he did notice me... and within a few seconds I’m down to my last few hit points. I hit OB and try to run, but even OB speed is nowhere near fast enough to keep you alive, I just got killed as I tried to escape.

IMO that’s utter BS. If a shooter can take 6 powerful shots like that, and not only survive, but turn around and win, then they have too many hit points.

I don’t even know why shooters have more hp and defence than the other ships. Speeders have more speed, shooters have more guns, that’s already a fair trade off. There is no reason shooters need to have more guns AND more defence AND much more hp AND pretty good speed (tbh).

I think another part of the problem for the speeder, was that the Tesla Bolt was broken, but it was hp and speed that got nerfed first. Then Tesla Bolt was still broken, so that got nerfed (essentially). So now the whole ship has been substantially weakened.

Had the Tesla Bolt nerf come first, then we might not have seen the speeder need to lose hp and speed as well.

Last edited: 5 Oct 2017
    The Afenogaster and _devill like this.
  4. _devill

Agreed bro. We cant afford to lose hp. It would have been better if hp would go back to what it was before. A couple hundred more hp might make it a fair match with other boats.:(

TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  5. ViscountSniffit

And another thing! ...

Why is it a necessity to always stick a turbo on a ship that’s supposed to be fast in the first place?

As a further illustration of how ‘iffy’ the shooter/speeder match-up is at lower levels... If you look at the mk3 speeder, it has 1 blue slot, while the mk3 shooter has two. What that means is, the mk3 shooter is able to take a 2nd turbo, and can potentially match a turbo speeder for speed.

So now you’ve got a boat that has more guns, more defense, and the same speed (which is objectively better). And if that’s not enough, it would still have more hp (and now be considerably faster) than a mk3 speeder with a shield.

The shooter is clearly unbalanced in lower mks.

Riddlerpaji likes this.
  6. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

Well it wasn't always meant to work like this how it works now. They did "nerf" that because it was letting people permastun others and THAT wasn't meant to be the case. The resistance itself was meant to drop too after hit but now it was changed thanks to permastunners who just kept other ship under stun while destroying it's team mate. Now it is "fixed" as you need to think who you'll stun and when. So yes, you're both right, it was nerf and fix. You can't argue which one it was as it was meant to work as it worked but it caused a problem so it was "fixed" by changing it to cause resistance which doesn't drop after hit

I'm speeder too and I do not find this tesla bolt nerf that bad as you still can keep playing with it and be tactical. You just need to know when to launch second tesla bolt without causing it's duration to drop.

And the thing they "fixed" on this last 2.5 patch was frost blaster which talents were not powering it up as those should have. This caused ridiculously strong freezing now and even maxed speed speeder with overboost AND nitro on can't dodge torpedo or move more than an inch. And because of that doesn't lose it's effect after one hit (only reduces time in timer), this makes you way too open now.
    (spoiler: there's rummor about it will be nerfed for next patch).

_devill likes this.
  7. AnikaitD

AnikaitD New Member

im a mk4 speeder at 2200, and i hv no problem facing mk5 defenders and shooters. its a speeder, ur supposed to run around, hit hard and dodge shots. ofc as a mk4 speeer against mk5, im at an enormous hp disadvantage (1700 comapared to 3-6k on shooters and defendaers, and 2500-3k on mk5 speeders) but its on par with other mk4s. use ur speed wisely and u will be well off ;)
    Good luck!

8. Gunne_r

Gunne_r New Member

Very good !! Kudos to developers.
    I hate speeders ...If possible remove them from the game .

9. Gunne_r

Gunne_r New Member

Play as a shooter against speeders with rare weapons, then u will know how hard it is to play against thm.
    Majority of the games I loose it's because of a speeder. I always say that a speeder can single handedly affect the outcome of the game but a shooter can't , unless they hv t5 legendary weapons.

10. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

I run speeder with tesla bolt and have had 0 issues with the reduction if I stun someone too quickly. My biggest issue with the bolt is when the stun is removed when someone shoots the ship right after I stunned them (mainly because I am now a sitting duck), yet with frost you stay frozen and are a target regardless of how often you are hit (again I am a sitting duck). Overall I have still taken out defenders and shooters in 1 V 1 as a speeder so I think it is still strong.

Miathan and cgr3asy like this.
  11. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    It's all a matter of brainpower

12. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

Says shooter who doesn't know anything else than mortar-torpedo spam, I assume. Please open your eye a bit, will ya. There's other kind of people playing too, some likes speed over anything else so it is not just because top players use speeder a lot. It is because of the enjoy of moving ability and it is simply reason for many to play this game, removing it would only make quite big amount of players quit. Who you gonna battle against then? Overpowered shooter so you will start crying for that too?

Think a bit before posting. Everything isn't meant to be said, or at least never should be said.

Last edited: 10 Oct 2017
    Riddlerpaji, cgr3asy and _devill like this.
  13. Gunne_r

Gunne_r New Member

Dude first of all let me clear this I'm not a torp user unlike 90 percent of noobs speeders.
    I use 3 canons specially for speeders nd 2 mortars. Now I just had a match.... A speeder in my team with 2k health sank enemy teams defender with 4k plus health. Poor guy can't even shoot him ... With that speed and mobility that speeder took 1 shot thn stun ...Wait for the cooldown use nitro and go behind .... By the time ur turret takes that round circle journey of ages again ur shot stunned nd same stuff.... Now u tell me that speeder isn't op

14. ViscountSniffit

Staying in someone’s blind spot isn’t exactly easy, and can be easily countered by not wandering off on your own.

I love how, despite, speeders typically having less than half the hp and weapons shooters have. Shooters still complain that speeders are OP, because some speeder played with extraordinary skill.

For every game I’m able to solo-kill a shooter, I have about 20 where I’m killed almost instantly by a lucky sniper shot. Speeders aren’t OP, speeder players just develop OP skills, because that’s the only way to survive in a speeder. Salty shooters just expect to float there, and have everything die for them.

15. _devill

In that poor defender's defense (yes, a speeder defending a defender:p), a defender out alone is just a punching bag for the unfriends. I play a speeder and I have seen defenders punch through an entire team plus the speeders and i was one of them. They are not that weak but without support any ship 1v1 with a speeder will almost always get defeated. There lies our only advantage as speeders. Otherwise we are just target practice for the unfriends. And if you think speeders are OP then I would suggest a little more experience will help. I would suggest go with a rudder or gear lube. See if that speeder can dodge shots that well. Speeders are powerful, but even they need support from their team. Same is true for any ship out on bay. If you abandon your team mate, either you are too good to win battles alone (plausible), or just stupid enough to sacrifice one of your team mates (okay in some situations).

And i tell you that speeder was not OP. Its as simple as the unfriends were not helping or couldn't help. And credit to that speeder as well. It takes a lot of practice to actually dish out that much damage and survive and its become even harder with the tesla bolt nerf (not complaining). Stay together, help together, attack together and you win. Rest is just more reason to complain. :)

16. Gunne_r

Gunne_r New Member

I don't know wht ur talking about, almost every speeder in my league have same hp as a shooter or a little less.

Uerguy likes this.
  17. ViscountSniffit

I wish! I have 1820 hp and I’m frequently running into shooters at my infamy with over 4K hp.

The Otherguy likes this.
  18. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    at mk 5 speeder,we have 2300hp,with bandage and turbo,combination that most speeders at mk5 use.after the update i lose almost 300 infamy,cant rise above 1300 infamy.now i use one bandage and one epic big shileld,2 overboost(epic/rare) and a nitro.now im around 1700 infamy.with 2200 hp u cant outrun a 5000/6000 hp shooter/defender

Rogue_twirlie likes this.
  19. Gunne_r

Gunne_r New Member

I guess ur r right there's no point in complaining... I jst hv to keep getting better at wht I am .. and keep hunting speeders lol

_devill likes this.
  20. Gunne_r

Gunne_r New Member

Lol I think u don't know how to play with a speeder or ur weapons are not good enough. Almost every speeder that I know from when I was at 1200, 15000 is now at ace league.

_devill and Asigossi like this.