1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your favourite setup?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Bennunator, 19 Apr 2017.

1. Bennunator

Bennunator Moderator

Hey hey hey,

It'd be awesome to see what kind of setups you use. And maybe even know why...

I'll go first. Recently started using Napalm and loving it! When you fire up the bay, especially when the enemy team is closely together, it can deal a great amount of damage. Great for causing panic and splitting up a team. Last but not least, roadblocks. Nitro... Fixers often prefer Overboost, but (in my opinion) Nitro works pretty well. When your team stays together, the distances are short enough for you to nitro yourself to heal a suffering teammate. When you find yourself inside a red circle, you can use it to get out before you feel the pain. Also, you might get out of the way when you're sure that someone with a deadly weapon has just targeted you. Repair Pulse, the item that you make friends with! Heals everyone around you, so if your team stays together, you can heal a massive amount of hp during the battle. When I've tried using Repair Boxes, I felt that I was paying so much attention to properly using them, I forgot to concentrate on other stuff... Also, when your teammates have full hp, they try to avoid taking them, which might mess up with their game. Again, that's only my opinion, I know theres players that are good with boxes ;) Standard Shield, only takes one slot and gives you a nice amount of health. And of course Turbo so I can keep up with my team.

So, that's my little fixer at the moment. How about you?
    bb_ship_setup.png

-Bennunator

2. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

Ok, so this is my defender setup. Its built to take on large groups and do damage to grouped targets. But also capable of 1v1. It's not the best, but u gotta work with what u have.

I like standard canon for the short cooldown time and the versatility, damage perks for consistent reliable performance. I always have something to shoot this way. It is especially great when enemy is on fire. So, I use napalm with range perks for that. It is fantastic if you are good at predicting where the battle is going, supporting those silly speeders who refuse to stay with the team, and shooting from behind concealed positions. It lets me fight in 2 places at once, do damage through tesla shield, and do damage without breaking tesla stun. Lastly I use tritorps because they are awesome battering rams that tesla shields don't block, shoot into a crowd and forget. I'll experiment with exploding canon instead when I level it a bit more. If I time it right, I can hit a tritorp, napalm, and burn bonus stancan shot all at the same time on one target.

Blue items I've got 2 big shields with hp perks. Def perks are a complete waste of time in their current form. I'd rather use a small shield and bandage instead of one of the big shields... but game never gave me one. Turbo cuz I'd be dead in the water without it, and rudder for aiming and dodging.

It feels like everybody is getting legendary pieces, but I've got nothing so far, so no hope of that on the horizon.

IMG_0474.PNG

3. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

I just wanted to ask a few questions to you guys. :)
    To everyone is anyone interested in seeing my setup. I am not really focusing in on one setup mainly focusing in on items mainly, but I could show you my favorite ship setups for each one I am a little weird and when I am outgunned so i just goof off and do something pretty dumb (Speeder mark 2 with napalm only for weapon). Also I obviously try to make setups that actually work.
    2. To P0rthos could you upload more videos:)
    3. Again To P0rthos why did you stop playing Speeder.
    4. More of a statement but I think defense is effective against carronade I have a 35 damage rare carronade I fought a mark 3 defender because of those perks I could only damage with normal cannon. So it is effective against carronade somewhat. (Sill pretty useless though I guess)
    5. To anyone, does anyone have a legendary that they could post a screenshot of I am curious how much damage/effect/healing over epics.
    6. Just posted my favorite setup cause I could
    Thanks to Mika's suggestion I went for mostly support tryed fixer did okay thought I could better. So here is why I chose the setup Flare Gun so I could buff cannon damage and other allies cannon damage, cannon primary weapon, frost blaster so I can support teammate's (sometimes I switch it with telsa bolt), turbo so I can Dodge mortars.
    Real quick note just realized according to how old I am I miss put it in and I am 6 years younger. Battle Bay_20170419_165800.png

Bennunator likes this.
  4. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

Hahaha, yes I will post more videos. ;)

I stopped playing speeder because I find defender so much easier to use and way less stressful. A speeder is a support ship, helping stun and slow and blocking shots for teammates to do damage. Also good for zipping around and getting to hot spots quickly. Very twitchy and adrenaline pumping to play. I wanted to be the damage dealer for a change, and I wanted to calm down the gameplay a bit. Now I'm too used to going slow to use speeder anymore. :confused:

Playing support is very important, and not a skill many learn in this game. If you can learn to stick with a teammate and help support them by blocking shots with your shield, and nerfing the enemy, you will go far. :)

Last edited: 20 Apr 2017
  5. mammoth1946

mammoth1946 Active Member

Love Your set Up. :)

6. mammoth1946

mammoth1946 Active Member

18052489_10207421858499551_838789867_o.jpg
    I like Canon and Sniper for the Range.
    I will add my third weapon in lvl 29. will add tri trops for the enforcer & speeder with the shield.

Any suggestion will apreciated. Cheers!

Last edited: 20 Apr 2017
    Bennunator and TheEpicWarlord like this.
  7. TheEpicWarlord

:) (in my opinion best content by far for battle Bay) I can play decent support mostly using freeze and flare gun (easy hits with flare gun one the enemy is frosted) also it is powerful enough I think what I like with support is buffing allies damage flare gun for cannons freeze for mortars & torps here are some screenshots damage wasn't very good but stars were pretty good.
    Battle Bay_20170419_203936.png Battle Bay_20170419_212752.png

mammoth1946 and Bennunator like this.
  8. Brizo

Brizo Active Member

That's my baby. Still need to work on my HP. I think my choices are self explanatory. I prefer short range action which allows me to focus on healing.
    IMG_6552.jpg

9. TheEpicWarlord

Cool guys can anyone show me the stats on there weapons also brizo do you play other ships sometimes

10. Captain_Perry

Captain_Perry Active Member

Hello everyone! I have a total of 3 setups, which will all be listed in the order of the number of times I use them. I would also include short but detailed descriptions so you can learn from them too. As they are not copyrighted (of course), feel free to copy or use my setup! Also, you may look for alternatives for my setup (I would list some too!)

1. BC/Grenade setup on Speeder MK6
    - Inspired by Bdzryian, the master of grenades
    - Includes Overboost (more of a must for yellow ships), Tesla shield (for cover in order to throw grenades close range) and a Frost blaster (increase accuracy of own weapons and helps with mortar and torpedo shots from team)
    - Grenade hits hard on ships together (especially ships huddling a fixer), occasionally setting them on fire, then the blast cannon deals the damage (with increased burn damage if grenade sets ship on fire)
    - Aggresive, yet risky setup (as you need to go close range for grenades to unleash their fury)
    - If you want more close-range combat, you could replace the Blast Cannon with a Carronade.
    image.jpeg

2. BC/FG setup on Speeder MK6
    - Obviously, this is inspired by Blacktail and a few other top players.
    - Uses Overboost (more of a must for yellow ships), Tesla shield (for blocking other's shots) and a Tesla Bolt (for immobilising enemies before shooting or for escaping)
    - Weapons include Flare gun (for fire damage over time plus buffing Blast Cannon damage), and also uses the classic Blast cannon (for dealing massive damage especially when flare gun hits). Thus, if the flare gun hits, the opponent takes damage even if they escape.
    - A deadly setup for pure damage. Nothing else.
    - Sniper can replace Blast Cannon, but not that recommended (fun fact: burning damage does not affect critical hits, according to devs. Correct me if I'm wrong)
    image.jpeg

3. BC/FG/Grenade setup on Enforcer MK5
    - This setup is self-created and designed! Hooray!
    - Uses Overboost (more of a must for yellow ships), and also Frost blaster (increase accuracy of own weapons and helps with mortar and torpedo shots from team). If I get MK6, I would definitely add in a Tesla Shield.
    - Weapons combine all of the above 2 setups: Grenade hits hard and does area damage (especially to ships huddling a fixer), with a Flare gun (for mid-range fire damage over time), and lastly a Blast Cannon (dealing massive damage after being buffed with fire damage by both/either Flare Gun and/or Grenade)
    - Very versatile and deadly
    image.jpeg

Hope this helps! Hope you all like my setups too!

Last edited: 22 Apr 2017
  11. k406k

k406k Active Member

@P0rthos - what are those 2 weapons in your screenshot? Row 3 column 1&2.

Will0089 likes this.
  12. Captain_Perry

Let me answer you @k406k,
    1. The red one is called Jingle Bells, an exclusive login Christmas gift for 2016. Gives a lot of experience for fusing in the old days.
    2. The yellow one is called Horn, just gives a lot of experience. Used to be obtained through Epic Boxes before. It's funny to bring into battle though as it makes a cow "moo" sound when used.
    Both of them, including some other items (e.g. Training cannon & Nuts and bolts) can never be obtained again so yep.
    P.S. If you want a look at nuts and bolts, see my screenshots row 3 column 4. Cheers!

P0rthos likes this.
  13. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

14. "har"Smash until the end

Can you guys see a picture...?

15. "har"Smash until the end

Because I am finding ways to post my speeder setup...

16. Captain_Perry

No @"har"Smash until the end, unfortunately not. I wonder why couldn't you post pictures... Have you tried both mobile and PC?
    Any ways, I know a solution:
    1. Upload the picture you want to Dropbox
    2. Press share and press the copy link button
    3. Paste link here
    Everyone will be able to see the image!

17. "har"Smash until the end

Well we'll...as I heard Dropbox is SUPER useful,I'm gonna try it

18. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Try using Imgur
    I usually use this when I post random Jizz

19. Bennunator

Bennunator Moderator

I want that ship, Brizo! That's a nice fixer. Also love how deadly you are when you decide to take someone out.

-Bennunator

Brizo and Captain_Perry like this.
  20. "har"Smash until the end