1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Stop complaining about Guild quests

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by retryW, 3 Oct 2017.

1. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

The new Guild update is AMAZING. Not only has it given us a lot of content, it has brought a sense of community, and purpose to guilds.
    I have never even bothered talking in guild chat before, and now I'm looking in there every time I open the game, I'm actively trying to complete quests.

I think we really need to give props to the devs for giving us such an awesome update, which has had a LOT of work put into it.

I get that there are a BUNCH of quests that require weapons you don't have / use / have levelled high enough. I get this too..
    BUT the thing is, you are now getting WAY more gear than you ever have been. I was busy almost all day over the weekend, and I think I had only one game contribute towards guild quests, yet I have already managed to do seven (7) guild raffles, netting me about 200 pearls, a bunch of parts, and most importantly two rare perks. As someone who only had about 3 rare perks to begin with, almost doubling this in a day just by the hard work of my guild mates is significantly increasing my progress.

Long story short, you can recruit members who make use of weapons you don't (we just recruited a napalm user who managed to complete our medium quest pretty quickly for us). OR just let the heightened progression slowly increase the level of weapon you have at your disposal. There is NO need to use cheesy exploit methods to complete these quests, as you are already getting so much more gear and parts than you were previously anyway. Stop being greedy, at let your GUILD as a whole progress until you are all more rounded in what you can complete.

Last edited: 3 Oct 2017
  2. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

So true, I’ve never wanted to join a guild until the news of the update. And now, I’m getting tons of cool stuff like you are.
    I suppose everyone is just angry at the quests more than anything else.

Shadow Moon! and The Otherguy like this.
  3. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Not to mention you now get rare AND EPIC items pieces from daily login rewards!? Like WHAT! The devs are THROWING gear at us, and all I see is complaints.

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Yeah, As long as there's fire kill quests I'm complaining.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I got a rare AND an epic perk from the raffle, bro! What I'm trying to say is, certain items (like fb and napalm) cant be used to rack up 24 kills! Don't you think that the devs need to rework those two in particular?

The Otherguy and fr4nk1yn like this.
  6. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

No. A single napalm can be on the field twice at once because the cooldown is lower than it's duration. That means you can be pumping out hundreds of damage per second. I see napalm kills ALL the time. And we had a SINGLE player get all 24 kills by himself. In less than a day... at 2.5k+ infamy.

The thing is, guild quests are MEANT to be hard. They are meant to be 24 players banding together to achieve a big goal.
    People just expect they should be like regular quests that you can pump out 3 matches to complete it.. but where's the fun in that, or the challenge... How does the devs rewarding us with LOADS of rare, epic and legendary pieces and perks really warrant us having quests that aren't quite difficult ?

The Otherguy likes this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

Oh, it is waaaaaay worse at 1000ish, where people dont care when they see a dying guy in a firefield. They still waste a snipe shot for their KD.

The Otherguy likes this.
  8. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Percentages are still the same. Napalm can still do more damage that a sniper hit over the course of 3 seconds (non crit) and because fire ticks so often it's not hard to snag kills with it.
    Point being, 24 kills is not really that hard for a group of 25 players to try and get. (I know less than 1/4 will even have one)

9. TheAntiSnipe

Okay, maybe completely restricting those is bad. So why don't we just remove them from guilds who are 2000-?

10. TheAntiSnipe

Also, ask anybody. Napalm was NOT meant to kill. It's a support and control denial weapon. Why do they equate it with cannons and mortars?

Chumleetm and The Otherguy like this.
  11. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Napalm has the highest DPS in the games. And they don't equate it the same. 24 kills with napalm compared to 72 kills with a blast cannon. They factor in how easy it is to kill with it.

12. TheAntiSnipe

No, we got napalm on medium board. And we're struggling. Got 1 kill between what-three to four members? The rest of us are either speeder mains or don't have it. Point is, with ballistic weapons, even one or two of us are enough, cuz we're the difty cal squad, duh. But still, maan, it makes me break a sweat to see that quest.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  13. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Agreed!
    This is how my month looks.
    6EBA302F-9A29-4AAF-B007-8C7DE0AB0E5B.png

Shadow Moon! and retryW like this.
  14. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Case and point right here.
    We are on the HARD quest page, and have almost finished the Napalm quest as one of our first completed.

You must have a lot of players using napalm you may say. Incorrect ! There is a single player, who in the last day already has 61 napalm kills ALONE!
    20171003_130926.png

15. Chumleetm

Chumleetm Member

Been trying the napalm kills all day and couldn't even get one let alone on a match we won. Now I'm not that great of a player but still unless I have all napalm I don't see it happening.
    Edit: love the changes, napalm is just frustrating for me.

TheAntiSnipe and fr4nk1yn like this.
  16. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20170930-115809.png
    Yes it can be, I do it daily...not impossible, but it's easyer to complain than to put in the needed work....

17. BEN

BEN Active Member

It really is a nice update. But the problem is if you already have a full and active guild its gonna take forever to do the quests that need specific items. Its not like every board just needs 10 or 12 kills. It keeps going up. Imagine if you are the only one with standard mortar, then you need to kill 72 to complete the quest. Even if one of your guildmates has the item its an incredible burden on his shoulders to complete. How is that a "guild" activity when you are left to do it alone..

Then there are quests that cant be done because none of your guildmates have the items needed for it. It would be nice if we could all just swap fully leveled items but we all know it takes time and luck to gather all the pieces and parts etc etc.

Again its a really nice update, but mid/high level guilds have a harder time to finish the quests because we cant just roll out with tier 2 rares and expect to win at a decent rate. We cant just kick loyal members to get new ones. Not to mention the competition we are up against have full decked gear and 5-6k is the base HP of any ship you encounter. To finish a napalm quest with a low tier rare or epic napalm under that circumstance is super hard. Same goes for the other quests. Is it doable? Yeah with a herculean effort you can do it but if you need to do 72 or 250 all alone then boy oh boy...

18. TheAntiSnipe

Guys, let's just consider this. Napalm is support. So is firebomb and flaregun. Napalm blocks access, firebombs and flareguns amplify damage. As such, if we just interchange kills for assists in the case of flare and fb, and "do x damage" for napalm, i think it would get balanced out. Lower leagues suffer killsteals. Higher ones suffer a lack of gear. So why don't we just change what has to be done? Would help everyone ...

19. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Be careful what you're saying here, I happen to know that people move to and from your guild all the time to "help out" with quests. Not exactly the intended behaviour.

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  20. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

the complaints are relative to your infamy, in lower infamy (1000 below) it is easier to switch items to be able to complete specialized quests. But if you are talking about players in the nightmare league, you don't just change your setup that quickly. Also gameplay is very different. It is already difficult to get a burning kill, all the more to win the battle with a handicapped setup for the quest.

Miathan likes this.