1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Feedback & suggestions] - Guilds

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by *Rubber Duck*, 30 Sep 2017.

1. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

2. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    @Captain Gilligan?

P.S. Very informative and interesting! Never though of it like that... o_O *thinking*

3. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

EyesTv likes this.
  4. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Yup, I'm wonder what he will think...

EyesTv likes this.
  5. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

I'm sure we'll try to recruit players with useful items when spots open. I'm also fairly certain that we are not willing to start kicking loyal members for a marginal short term benefit.

gor.030, EyesTv, Ultrah and 3 others like this.
  6. BEN

BEN Active Member

First off, great update. Loving how guilds are now needed in the game. Problem is, and i think many others feel the same way, is that some specific quests are hard or impossible to do because they are item specific.

I wouldnt want to force a guildmate to equip an item that they dont like using, or havent used in a long time just because we need to finish a quest. Its even possible that out of 25 members maybe no one in your guild has the item thats needed for the quest. I think we all want fair and equal games where all 10 players are equipped with their best items. Its better that way.

So what im saying is, instead of item specific quests... How about making guild quests all about team work. Coz isnt that what its all about?

Instead of "Kill 10 enemies with standard mortar", how about a quest that needs 2 guildmates to fleet up.

Ex:
    1. Kill 10 enemies while fleeting with your guildmate
    2. Assist 10 kills for your guildmate
    3. Win 10 battles with a Shooter + Defender fleet
    4. Win 10 battles by capturing while fleeted
    5. Kill all 5 enemies in a single battle
    6. Win 10 battles with a Enforcer + Defender fleet
    7. Win 10 games without the both of you dying
    Etc etc etc there are so many options for quests it doesnt really need to be item specific. Some quests can be easier to do, some can be harder like capturing with the both of you inside the circle.

With this we can all encourage team play and a better experience not just for 2 guildmates but for all the players involved. No ones gonna equip underpowered items, no ones gonna try and throw the game.

NathanaelK, gor.030, Orom3 and 19 others like this.
  7. Clewtr25

Clewtr25 Member

Number 5 is a bit difficult, it is extremely rare to get a pentakill

8. Kitterini

Brilliant suggestions! I found the 'win x games as fixer while fleeting with guildmate' fun. Enforcing teamwork in a meaningful way. More of that kind would be amazing

Sadly fleeting doesnt incite pearl spending :)

9. BEN

BEN Active Member

Yes it is difficult, think of it like a rare quest when all the other quests are done then all the members can gang up on it and try to get a pentakill while fleeted. Doesnt have to be just 1 person to kill all 5, it could be 2 from you and the other 3 from your guildmate in the same match.

Edit: this reply was meant for Clewtr25

PepeButtCrack likes this.
  10. BEN

BEN Active Member

True! But im sure the Developers can think of a way to include a "little" bit of pearl spending while also promoting fair and fun play.

Wishaal and Kitterini like this.
  11. Kitterini

I like your positivity!
    ---
    Im also positive on how the guild quest idea look, with some tweaks it could be amazing. I certainly feel more desire to play now than I have in a while.

12. BEN

BEN Active Member

Imagine what its gonna be like when they finally make guild wars and 5 man/woman fleets possible!

13. Clewtr25

Clewtr25 Member

Ah okay that would be doable now. So wording should be like "Dominating, Sink all ships in a match with a fleet member"

You could have other quests like Frosted Torpedo Kills and Burning Explosive Cannon Kills. These quests are much better than getting 72 kills with a napalm

PepeButtCrack likes this.
  14. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Okay some of them are hard, but idea is absolutely awesome

FULL SUPPORT

ONLY one problem nightmare guilds will exploit it, as we seen in bunta's video half them can end up in same game(note that i m not saying bunta will do it). But let's keep them aside, it would save much more of our problems.

I m not a hardcore gamer, problem is to complete guild quest i can't just chill out(so freaking difficult and so much pressure when you are the only guy using that following weapon) . Guild quest have become more of burden than Fun...

15. Kitterini

People already are. Just lost a secure win because Thunder Sword let his guildmate kill him. So much room for abuse aslong as guildmates can end up on opposite sides. Infamy doesnt matter at all, thats also part of the problem I guess

16. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Guys, stuff like napalm shouldn't be in the "kill section". That said, damn, it's keeping me busy. As a jack of all trades, the sheer variety of quests is fun, and insanely addictive. Looks like I'll be posting less on the forums from now, lol!

17. Babablacksheep

Any specific weapon will promote selfish play in a game that can't be won without teamwork.

18. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

I totally support taking out item-specific missions, but I don't think the whole board should be fleet-only missions. That makes it so guild members that can't always fleet with other guild members can never contribute.

PepeButtCrack and Miathan like this.
  19. Babablacksheep

Have encountered so many players who madly run behind a low hp guy to get kill with following weapons, while some speeders camp entire time roaming around and kill steal the low HP guy. This is pathetic, those speeders with 50% win ratio algorithm will win how much worse they perform, while us shooters, defender just suffer doing ample damage and getting no kills.
    NOTE IT, i didn't come on this conclusion based on one match. 2 OF MY my friends have started using railgun speeders just to get opportunistic kills

I always skipped kill quest on regular basis so that i can focus more on wining (even tho they give best amounts of gold), i always preferred playing unselfish and suddenly everything that defined a good player has changed. Even i now play selfish to get railgun kills (only 2 members use it)..

Daabang and PepeButtCrack like this.
  20. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

In my guild, I encourage people to only work on the quests that they CAN do, so that stuff like kill camping doesn't happen from our side.

EyesTv likes this.