1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Worth Upgrading Uncommons?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by ViscountSniffit, 29 Sep 2017.

1. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

At the moment my three most powerful weapons (in order) are:

1: Rare BC (Level 30) ~ 520 Dmg
    2: Uncmn BC (Level 23) ~ 320 Dmg
    3: Epic ExC (Level 9) ~ 300 Dmg

At the moment I'm running the Epic ExC as my 2nd weapon (speeder), but it's reaching the stage where I won't be able to upgrade it anymore. On the other hand, my Uncmn BC I could get to L30, and I already have enough duplicates to eventually get it to T5.

The problem is, it's getting quite expensive to upgrade the Uncmn BC now, so I'm worried it might just be a waste of parts to keep upgrading it, especially when I know that as soon as I get another Rare to t2/t3, I'll probably ditch the uncommon.

But it's still a decent weapon at the moment, and I could certainly use the extra damage.

So what are your thoughts? Is it worth spending resources on an uncommon? Or is it just throwing good money after bad?

Last edited: 29 Sep 2017
  2. HairySpeeder

HairySpeeder Member

I would upgrade the uncommon one to 30 to just be your strongest. Sure u will get another rare soon or a flare gun maybe but I would always maximize the potential you can get out of your current loadout it will take time to get another weapon to be better than this but still you will reach higher infamy and the overall fun in-game will be higher. :)

Ultrah and ViscountSniffit like this.
  3. disorder

disorder Active Member

up your bc uncommon until 31 if you can (so if you scrap it, it will give you enough rare piece)
    and forgot it...
    as soon as you get rare perk, the uncommon serve at nothing not enough slot. so a rare T2 will be better than a uncommon T4 cos of perk.
    my advice

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  4. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

A rare T2 has the same amount of perks as an uncommon T4, so no.

Still, I would recommend swapping to rares asap. Uncommons are a waste of resources imo. The point is that you will scrap them at some point, there's no doubt about that. So everything you invest in uncommons will be lost. Rares on the other hand, you might play with until your last day in Battle Bay. They're a much better investment.

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Well, if you are someone in the higher levels with better weapons in your workshop, scrap your uncommons for parts! You get like 3-4 rare parts after scrapping a uncommon, plus a ton of parts. So ya. Scrap when you go up.

6. disorder

disorder Active Member

... but unitl you reach T4 you need a good lvl of captain, and when the captain will be able to go T4, he will certainly get better item, so i'm right :) joke insidz

7. ~CanadianGoddess~

~CanadianGoddess~ Member

If you're using a weapon, of course it's worth upgrading, even if it's uncommon. Although just a tip, that if you keep scrapping uncommon items, you'll probably end up with a rare item piece.

The Otherguy likes this.
  8. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

once you have few rare items for daily quest, do not keep any green item in future

9. CaptainBluBallz

CaptainBluBallz New Member

I have a uncommon torp doing 832 dmg

The Otherguy likes this.
  10. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    :D Maxed t3 uncommon?
    Same!

11. CaptainBluBallz

CaptainBluBallz New Member

Yep, with perks it does 832.

Hoping to get another so I can have 2

12. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    IKR for each level u have to buy A FULL 88000 GOLD PARTS PACK FOR A LEVEL UPGRADE