1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Ship based skill/Talent!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by UrMumLikesIt, 28 Sep 2017.

1. UrMumLikesIt

UrMumLikesIt New Member

Hey guys I've been playing this game for about 3months now and I'm in love with it. As a game I really like I noticed a few things off with it especially the overlapping of roles namely when going up in higher tiers. Now I have a suggestion that I would like you guys to give me feedback on this would make each ship more unique in its role and add a level of strategy to the game,that suggestion is exclusive ship based skill(s):

Defender skill- Harden, increase the damage resistance for ship by 45℅,60℅,70℅,75℅ for 5,10,15,20 secs respectively as you increase Brock's/Defender overall level. Cooldown would be about a minute and some??

Shooter skill- Overheat, using this skill will allow the shooter to fire all his weapons in quick succession with no delay after switching weapons.(The weapons can probably be given a damage boost as well?). After using Overheat the shooter will be unable to fire for a few seconds. Massive cooldown. Leveling B'Hurt increases these.

Speeder Skill: Cloak, activating this perk will make your speeder invisible to enemy ships but your trail will still be visible in the water.Shooting while cloaked breaks effect, and maybe taking damage too? Duration 10,15,20 secs. Massive cooldown. Leveling Sgt Speed increase these.

Enforcer skill: Electronic Jamming, activating this effect makes your enforcer untraceable by auto aim all shot directed at you would have to be manual, while all yellow modules have a faster cooldown. Duration 5,10,15,20secs. Moderate cooldown. Leveling mad scientist increases this.

Medic skill: One for all, medic healing abilities such as pulse has increased range, healing bolt jumps from targets that are close and who has no terrain between them. Cooldown moderate. Leveling medic guy increases this.

Please let me know what you think about this idea, it's rough and needs a bit of refinement but I'm open to any positive criticism :)

2. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Yeah, nah.

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I like the general idea; I'm not sure about the specifics.

The overheat sounds completely broken. Shooters already have enough weapons at higher tiers, that they basically never have to wait for a shot, except for the global cooldown. If they were able to fire all their guns at once, then they could obliterate any ship in seconds, then just cool off while they head to the next target (rinse and repeat).

The fixer and defender skills just sound like unnecessary buffs to the things those ships are already very good at.

I think I'd prefer skills that encourage ships to play better strategy, rather than just buffing them. For example, fixers could get a small defence boost for every friendly ship within 2 units. That would reward them for staying close to their team, without making them any stronger 1v1.

~CanadianGoddess~ likes this.
  4. UrMumLikesIt

UrMumLikesIt New Member

Thanks for the reply! I did try to foster some group cohesion with these talents in mind while the shooter may be able to dish out crazy damage in a shirt space of time bear in mind that the ship will be a sitting duck for close to 30secs, that time can equate to tons of DPS from any ship around, not to mention if the enemy team runs away (speeder) you'll have exhausted your trump card. Essentially these 'talents' are hit or miss make or break skills that would take an expert mastery to perfect.
    The fixer would also see more team cohesion due to his talent being one of proximity as his yellow modules won't have infinite range and a decently spaced team would get the most from this.
    The defender talent encourages defenders to get up "close and personal" instead of tail gating it as we often see in most matches. ;)

5. Clewtr25

Clewtr25 Member

These are pretty interesting ideas but as explained by Viscount the shooter skill is a bit broken. Maybe you could just have a 20 percent increase in damage and projectile speed for lets say 6 seconds then a 12 second period of time where you can't shoot. The numbers obviously are not final, it may be a bit op.

6. WaveMaker

WaveMaker Active Member

Love the Enforcer idea...but mortified by a cloaked Speeder, they are hard to hit on good days :( but then again I use the Enforcer

7. cgr3asy

cgr3asy Member

do you have something against speeders? why do speeders have to take damage:/

8. UrMumLikesIt

UrMumLikesIt New Member

Ok I see a damage buff can also work instead if it makes it more feasible.

9. UrMumLikesIt

UrMumLikesIt New Member

Lol don't be each of the talents I came up with have a drawback with the speeder you can still see his trail in the water so if you have a grenade, mortar or good on manual shooting you can knock some visibility back into him :p

10. UrMumLikesIt

UrMumLikesIt New Member

Lol the guy above you has opposite opinion on that if the speeder were able to take damage and remain cloaked it'd be sort of OP.

11. WaveMaker

WaveMaker Active Member

No...I might just switch to speeder one day...but I do find them difficult to reign in from time to time and cloaking just yikes.

UrMumLikesIt likes this.