1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else doesnt like it when the auto-aim system locks on a target you dont want to shoot at?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by DHDHDHCH, 27 Sep 2017.

?

Have you had any similar moments like described above?

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. DHDHDHCH

DHDHDHCH New Member

I have had quite many moments when the system takes control of my camera/aim to try and aim for someone i dont even want/can shoot at the moment and ruin my shots at an other enemy, I have searched in the options for a way to disable or lower the sensivity of that auto-aim system, but I havn't found anything like that, does anyone share my oppinion? And if any battlebay technican reads this, is it possible to add an option like that? I would be really thankfull ;D

2. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Do you have sticky targets on? Camera Auto-rotation?
    If no, that's what the target lock button is all about...

3. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Happens virtually every battle, I lose my focus fire because I am turning my ship a little bit. In the BattleBay settings, there is an option to have "Sticky Targets" so that the switching is less sensitive, however I find the sticky targets too be TOO sticky and I have to turn my ship almost 90 degrees before the target will unlock. Not sure why anyone would use that option. BattleBay has such good options for changing the layout of your screen, I wish also they could add a sliding sensitivity meter for how sticky the targets are.

WaveMaker likes this.
  4. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Does your camera rotate with your ship?
    Most players have this disabled.
    Also, that is what target lock is for!

5. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I have Sticky Targets and Rotate Camera with ship, both disabled.
    I use the target lock button frequently, but there are many instances where I am using Speeder, and on a overboost/nitro high and wanting to shoot at the same time and my aim will auto lock and then in a split second will switch targets and my cannon shot ends up between two unfriends ships. I wish the autoaim would be about 10 to 20% more sticky OR the sticky targets option was about 50% less sensitive.

Masterlao likes this.
  6. The Otherguy

Tech support
    That is the speeder's slow turret...

7. SlAyEr

SlAyEr Active Member

Current targeting system is turret based..
    So don't complain just come up with new idea folks!:p

Last edited: 27 Sep 2017
  8. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Don't use auto aim then... lock your targets

The Otherguy likes this.
  9. F|XeR

F|XeR New Member

Disable "sticky targets" and "rotate camera with ship" from options menu if you haven't. This will give you more freedom. Most of the time I aim manually and use lock-on function for when ships are bunched together. Makes it easier to pick the right target.

DHDHDHCH and The Otherguy like this.
  10. DHDHDHCH

DHDHDHCH New Member

Thanks a lot for the tipp with the rotate camera funktion, I had it still enabled, its a bit better now ;)

The Otherguy likes this.
  11. DHDHDHCH

DHDHDHCH New Member

Even thoght i still hope that they make it possible to disable the auto aim, i miss almost every match shots because my turet doesnt turn how i want.

12. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Does the target "lock" when a player presses the fire button? Sometimes, I've already pressed fire, but I haven't released, because I'm aiming, and then it seems like the target drifts, and I have to cancel my shot. But I'm not sure if it is my target moving of if it's just my turret being slow.

13. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

MiikaDeveloper

is there any way to disable the auto-targeting on weapons
    “No because without auto-aim some of the weapons would be completely unusable. For example to shoot cannons you need 3D aiming (left-right, up-down, shooting distance) and you can only do 2D on the joystick. Because of this there needs to be auto-aim which handles one of those dimensions for you, in our case it's the depth. It's true that some weapons could work without it though, like mortars and torpedos. But this is the reason the game does not currently offer "no auto-aim" mode, because not all weapons could be used with it.”

I asked about this a while ago, above is Miika’s explanation for it.

14. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

When I fire napalm as a deterrent, when anyone is close by it auto locks on them instead of allowing me free aim. I end up fighting my controls and either fire in the wrong spot or have to cancel, which wastes my time.

15. DHDHDHCH

DHDHDHCH New Member

I dont mean compleatly disable it, in terms of no aiming help at all, i mean it more like to lower its "range" off correction, for example if i aim straight and a boat is ~20-30degrees left, the turret sometimes turns to aim for that boat, i think that it would be great if there was a funktion which can controll a maximum left-right correction so that it would only correct a certain amount of left-right, but still help you with your range/up down aiming.