1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

This really ticks me off...

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Joey who, 27 Sep 2017.

1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Rovio... When you match 10 players you need to divide the higher mk level ships into both sides of the teams. What sense does it make when 3 or 4, some times even 5 of the higher level ships are on 1 side while the lower ships are all on the opposite team. Is it that hard to divide them evenly when there are multiple mk levels on both sides??

I mean, 5 mk5 ships vs 4 mk5 + 1 mk6 is understandable. But when there are 2 or 3 mk6s why put them all on one team vs all the mk5s?? Why not 1 mk6 vs 1 mk6 or 2 mk6 vs 1 mk6 rest mk5s. Is it because we are winning too much?? Is it because some losses need to be forced so we get back to our beloved 50% win/battle ratio?

I have gotten horible matches... Ok, I'll move on, matchmaking can't be perfect, some players do good some games and bad the others...

I have gotten infamy tankers... Ok nothing you guys can do, I understand...

I have gotten AFK players... Ok not your fault rovio, people disconnect...

But seeing all the mk6s on one side and knowing there's an extremely slim chance my team is winning. Wondering why we weren't given one aingle mk6 while the enemy gets 2 or 3... That's bullshit. I try my best and see my team get absolutely obliterated in the first 2 minutes.

I suggest before doing all the stuff your matchmaking system does, it firstly checks captain level (so obviously people don't bring lower mk ships for easier matches) of all of the 10 players it chose to put together in a match. Then you balance the match out with which of the equally leveled players belongs in which team.

I understand matchmaking can't be perfect and you can't always match 10 equally skilled players in 1 match nor 5 equally skilled players on each team, but when it comes to captain level and mk ship level that's something controllable when splitting up the teams

Ian, TheFixer27, Jdm7 and 2 others like this.
  2. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

I suggested balancing the mk levels on both teams in another matchmaking thread and this is what Miika said:

Attached Files:

Joey who likes this.
  3. Joey who

I feel he was referring to what I just talked about, and it would honestly be a big step up if the 'variables' he was talking about was to sort by captain level. These low mk vs high mk battles don't only seem unfair but they are

4. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

Yea I get it but then people are saying “if you get matched with higher mk ships most probably they are terrible players” soooooo.... :rolleyes:

5. Joey who

While a bit true, they are still higher captain levels, bad players with tier 5 rare/epics can do good, skilled or not skilled

Cyn and Jasper21 like this.
  6. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

With higher mk's and some decent gear, those terrible players will still most probably kick good player's asses.
    The mk's and gear gap is real in battle bay.

behumble, Babablacksheep, Cyn and 2 others like this.
  7. Blood Raven

Blood Raven Well-Known Member

Software Developer
    I agree here.

USS_ironsides and behumble like this.
  8. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

I had questioned the fairness of this several weeks ago. But being a newer member of the forum, it seemed to have been dismissed as some newbie whining. I'm glad to see a more established member posting the same thing.

I could never figure out why I was on a team with all MK2s and MK3s, but there would be four MK4s on the other side. I thought I could reach MK4 and that would solve the problem. Didn't happen. Now I'm an MK4 in the 1000-1300 range getting stuck with teams full of MK3s and MK4s, while the other team is getting two MK5s. I understand that there are MK5s in this range, totally acceptable. But why aren't they being put on opposite sides? Or in an infamy range where there are mostly MK4s, if you're going to put the MK5s on one side, at least stick them with the MK3s to help even the sides out even a little bit. What's even worse is seeing an MK6 in this range, and he's on the other team with the MK5 while you're on a team full of MK4s. And yes, I admit that sometimes I benefit from bad matchmaking. I've been on that team with MK4s and two or even three MK5s, while the opponent is stuck with MK3s and MK4s. But I'd rather see it balanced.

At a minimum, the game could calculate a power score that's based on infamy, but also includes Captain level, MK of the ship, and equipment levels. Then match based on that.

9. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

One thing you yourself could do for getting more equal mk levels on your side is by not playing with a lower lvl ship yourself;)

Last edited: 27 Sep 2017
  10. Joey who

There is no doubt on why so many new members feel the need to sign up for forums just to complain about the way matches are set. I have heard Miika's explanations and I understand why matchmaking is how it is when matching 10 players. Now, how they split those 10 players into 2 seems like it really needs improvement.

11. Joey who

Not sure why I clicked to show ignored content, but for your information, I haven't used a lower mk ship in some time now. So if you'd not troll in my thread that'd be sweet.

• Percy • likes this.
  12. Gipsy Danger Jaeger

Gipsy Danger Jaeger Member

Agree.
    Still I do NOT care anymore about this game, (I still play it, good for wasting time and having some fun)
    It's a free fwucking game, I do not wait to became an Legendary game.
    Plus this BB comunity is an salty bag of shit, where kids, and some grown man does not have a life and come in to be an Keyboard warrior.
    I don't even need condiments on food, when i need i come to the forums, there i can get some salt and everything.
    Play for fun Joeyyyyyyyyyy, and Have a nice day,
    You piece of sniper that you are <3 :D

Last edited: 27 Sep 2017
  13. Joey who

Haha, I try, I try :p

The times where I don't have fun are in the situations explained on my OP, but other than those I really enjoy the game :)

• Percy • likes this.
  14. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

All that I ever see here is salt, we need more spicy memes

15. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I think there is a noticeable disparity between what the devs consider a 'fair game' and what most ordinary people understand as 'fair'.

My idea of fair, is a game where things are equal and the winner is the team that plays the best game. The devs idea of fair, is a game where people who play good games will be progresdivly handicapped until their ability no longer counts for anything, and they lose.

As my infamy goes up, I feel like I 'should' be meeting more skilled players: players who work together, don't remove stuns etc... But the reality is, I meet players with unremarkable skill or teamwork, that I'm just not able to damage.

The only thing you can do then is hope that RNG gives you what you need to upgrade your equipment. But as you start to meet more and more p2w players, even that stops being a solution.

Perhaps that's the whole idea. The game is an ingenious frustration engine, that slowly annoys you into parting with cash.

behumble likes this.
  16. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Welcome to modern video games.

17. Joey who

Ok Rovio. Until you fix this bullshit I will take it as a "go ahead and suicide, free loss anyways".
    Screenshot_2017-10-30-19-50-45.png

And if for some reason you are actually curious about the results o_O
    Screenshot_2017-10-30-19-56-42.png

18. Jujujuan

Jujujuan Active Member

Played a lot today and only found one unfair match.
    Last Friday reached lvl 29 and Mk5. As you can guess, I have 0 tier 4 weapons (and probably wont get a tier 4 item next week neither) so I already know that I will be useless.
    Fight vs 2500 infamy is hard for me but 3500 infamy? +1000 infamy Wtf?

Attached Files:

19. Morning_Sword

Morning_Sword New Member

Nothing is unfair. When u win, u demand a better challenge. U were at that infamy with mk5 and some other player was at same infamy with mk6. That just tells that u are better than him. So u should be able to handle him. If u are losing then u better lose ur infamy bacause u were the one who asked for that challenge

20. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    You could have a low mk ship with high level weapons, that's what I would do if your suggestion was implemented. I actually did the opposite when I started. I spent all of my sugar on raising my mk level and not my weapons. This made me one big target.