1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Early Game MK2 Speeder Build. Got 1300

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Jonathan Lin, 13 May 2017.

1. Jonathan Lin

Jonathan Lin New Member

Yay just hit 1300 infamy with this build and thought I'd share it because I couldn't find many guides for early speeder (mk2).

First off, if you're someone who loves stats/stars/total damage etc, this build is not for you. Your only role (this applies only to early speeders like mk2-3) is 1 to assassinate their backline, draw enemy fire, and annoy the hell outta the entire enemy team. It's very uncommon to do more than 1-2k dmg considering you only have 1 weapon slot.

Anyways here's what I got
    900 HP MK2
    Rare cannon lvl 12 (should be common and easy to get)
    Epic overboost lvl 3 (I doubt you'll have this but even a high level uncommon or rare can probably suffice. Mines at +64.5% but anything above 40-50% probably is fine)
    Uncommon Nitro Lvl 8
    Uncommon Turbo Lvl 13

Weapons that might be useful as you get mk3/4/5:
    Blast cannon, Flare Gun, Tesla Shield, Tesla Bolt, Bandage, Mine (maybe), torpedoes (maybe), carronade.

All things considered, I think it's pretty easy to get any of these things at this level except the epic overboost. But with a higher level nitro/turbo you can easily replace the epic with rare/UC overboost.

Disclaimer: I don't think this style will work above 1500 once people start leading their shots, but hopefully you'll be at least mk3-4 by then.
    Gameplay: Playing this build is pretty intense but it's fun when done right. You start off relatively passively by grouping with your team. Once the battle starts, focus on the enemies with low hp and rush in to kill or go for a flank to assassinate them. One of the things that I think separates good speeders and great ones, is knowing when to stay with your team and when to go for an aggressive flank or assassination. (When I say rush in DO NOT run in a straight line. You need to always be moving at a perpendicular angle so the enemy's auto aim is thrown off by your speed. Always prioritize fixers if you can). Most of the time you will draw REALLY heavy fire so you need to always be running in swervy lines. If you're getting low on hp just focus on avoiding damage and ducking behind cover. Keep in mind, that every shot they miss is damage you saved your allies from taking. Oftentimes if you're low, enemies will try to chase you. If that's the case, do not 1v1, just zoom off to join your allies while the person chasing you wastes their time. As you can probably tell, you are basically an 800hp speedy diversion while the rest of your team deals damage for free.

Let me know how this works for you, and if you're having trouble I could leave a few more tips too!

edit: thought i'd add some tips as i've played this more and more.

1. make sure that if you're running "diversionary tactics" that your team is actually IN RANGE to do damage. Its absolutely pointless to be dodging all their attacks if your team isn't retaliating in kind.
    2. If you are close range and someone is really sticking to you, a great tactic is actually to nitro straight through them. Their turret will need to spin a full 180, in which you'll have done much more damage or sped off.
    3. PAY ATTENTION TO THE ENEMY SHIP'S TURRET. You can actually see which way they are aiming and you can avoid them by running in the opposite direction. If you play it perfectly you can often 1v1 defenders or slow shooters even if you're down hundreds of HP.
    4. Try to pay attention to how often the enemy is shooting and nitro when you think their cooldowns are back up. Obviously you won't be able to predict it 100%, but it is predictable to some degree and can save you from taking a lot of damage.
    5, More of a basic tip, but if you are dying in the first 30s - 1 min of a match, you're playing incorrectly.

Last edited: 16 May 2017
    Attila, Epicular, G.R.C.3 and 2 others like this.
  2. Blight*

Blight* New Member

Thanks for the tips I don't play a speeder right now but it seems really fun. One thing I would and as a strategy if your team gets wiped. you can use your speed out run others and run out the clock so you don't lose more points.

3. Lawanda Norman

Lawanda Norman New Member

To evole items? Do they evolve automatically! When u upgrade!???

4. Jonathan Lin

Jonathan Lin New Member

No you need to use power cells + a duplicate of the weapon. Evolve is at lvl 10,20,30 etc. Make sure to save those duplicates!!

5. Razerx100

Razerx100 Member

I tried same stuff. It's fun but we really get behind in damage without luck. So I'm running MK2 Shooter until I'm Lv16.

6. Jonathan Lin

Jonathan Lin New Member

Yes, but damage isn't everything

7. Razerx100

Razerx100 Member

Well in many matches my allies aren't very good. And I've most damage. Chances are if I didn't do those damage, we might have lost.
    But I know what you are trying to say. Still damage matters

8. Jonathan Lin

Jonathan Lin New Member

Fair enough. Especially early on i felt like i lost a lot of fights because my teammates didn't know how to position and would get targeted out before they could do anything. Regardless its just a different playstyle that you can experiment with. I have since upgraded to MK3 and while the damage is much higher and consistent, I am noticeably slower now

9. Razerx100

Razerx100 Member

I can manage a slow ship. But still I'm more comfortable with Speeder.
    But it sux when I've 1k damage and allies have 2.5k/3k. So, I'll wait until MK3 lol

10. Jonathan Lin

Jonathan Lin New Member

if you're looking to lead the team in damage, speeder just might not be the class for you. Ofc sometimes it happens or if you're super pro, but from what i can see, shooters/defenders will almost always outdamage given same level weapons. But you probably knew that already :p I just upgraded to mk3 and the gameplay is definitely a little diffrent

11. Razerx100

Razerx100 Member

I can do pretty good damage with MK3, shooter can do more but I come in second at least unless I somehow mess up and die real quick.

12. Jonathan Lin

Jonathan Lin New Member

Out of curiousity, what weapons are you running?

13. Razerx100

Razerx100 Member

I think I met you yesterday, you were running Speeder, we were on same team. Me, MK3 Shooter with my buddy MK2 Fixer. Around morning.
    I used to run double Sniper. Thought MK3 Shooter is useless upgrade but I've 2.5K HP on shooter now lmao. Feels invincible unless meeting MK5 enemies .
    With Speeder, I don't really like to get close to enemies where they can hit me. Instead I run around far hitting with sniper. Sometime I can even solo a MK4 Shooter with Full HP if we both are left alone.
    I run around dropping sniper shots, and he can barely see me and move and then shoot.

14. Jonathan Lin

Jonathan Lin New Member

what's the level on your snipers?

15. XxAGENTSHAWxX

XxAGENTSHAWxX New Member

Wow nice, I find it sooo hard to position my speeder to be backed up by my team and at the same time deal damage...:confused: I can never figure how blacktail does it...

16. Jonathan Lin

Jonathan Lin New Member

Well blacktail is mk6... There's a huge difference in playstyle!

XxAGENTSHAWxX likes this.
  17. Ability6

Ability6 Member

I thought it was my imagination but I just noticed the drop in speed also...as for the strategy, I also find it effective to draw fire from my teammates but they don't always seem to get what I'm trying to do and that can be frustrating. Btw, what level does my rare tesla shield need to get to be useful/effective?