1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[POLL] 3000 pearls = Tier 1 epic?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Joey who, 24 Sep 2017.

?

Would you save up 2000 pearls for an epic from shop?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    25.4%
  2. No

53 vote(s)
    74.6%
  1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I just wanted to ask if you guys find the encouragement to save up to or buy 3000 pearls for a tier 1 epic.

If no, would any of you save up 2000 pearls for the first tier epic of your choosing?

A reason I would save up 2000 pearls for a tier 1 epic is because I would like to get up to a tier 2 and 3 epic mine asap as my blastian hasn't reached tier 4 and I find my other crew more important to upgrade but I do fancy the mine. For that reason I can't get a tier 4 rare mine but I do want a strong mine for later game.

But is a tier 1 epic worth 3000 to me? Nope, I'd rather get an epic, a chance to get more epics from premium crates and some epic pieces to try combining for yet another chance to get a mine, 9 rares and a legendary item piece for 900 pearls more.

I persobally think that Battle Bay would recieve a higher amount of overall pearls spent on epic items from shop this way

2. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

No for me as pearls are too sweet to spend on an epic whose copy I will never get. I did rather waste them on chest that way I get plenty of rares which are needed right rather than work for my retirement plans ( when I get tier 4 epics :p).
    Since miika says we get 1 epic per week I will take my chances there.

fr4nk1yn and The Otherguy like this.
  3. Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I understand when you say tier one epic do you mean a one slot epic?

4. Joey who

I mean, you cannot buy a duplicate epic, so any epic you buy from shop is tier 1

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  5. Rinse & Repeat

Oh well in that case I guess it depends... on whether or not I can tell the future;)... On a serious note I'll say yea, there is a chance that you get another one which would be better than getting one and wishing you bought it beforehand...

6. Joey who

I guess more people rather pay 3000 than 2000 for an epic from shop... lol

7. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

I don't want to pay anything but get everything can anyone arrange that?

8. Rinse & Repeat

Only the RNG has the power

9. Rinse & Repeat

Most people probably misunderstood the question you are asking if they would rather pay 2,000 than 3,000 but i think they thought you were asking if epics were 2,000 instead of 3,000 would you pay?

Joey who likes this.
  10. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Nobody misunderstood that everybody knows what joeyaa is asking he wants the price of buying epic item from shop to be cut down by 1/3 rd.
    All I am saying is that it still too damn High for f2p to get that because it will take about 1500 matches to get 2000 pearls with ad watching and for a whale it's too undervalued.
    And yeah if they remove the limit from buying the no of same items from the shop the people will spend pearls on buying epic just don't limit to buying 1 item per player

El cactus and TheFixer27 like this.
  11. Joey who

Basically what I am saying is an epic priced at 3000 pearls is too much because it's your first tier on that item. Since we can only buy it at tier 1 its value to most players is defintely nowhere close to 3000 pearls, 2000 could motivate more players (even me) to buy epics from shop

12. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

I don't think I'd spend anything on buying an epic that could take months to get a duplicate of. I'm still waiting for an epic blast cannon.
    No shit I waited about 3 months to get duplicate rare firebombs.

Shadow Moon! and Joey who like this.
  13. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

I haven't got 3rd overboost since stone age

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  14. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    I might spend 2000/3000 pearls on getting a duplicate item...but we all know how that would go down.
    Tbh I think it would be better if there was no shop. DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY USE IT? I never have.
    Unless you want to do the common scrapping game, or check the stats on a legendary item, its competely useless IMO

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  15. Joey who

I buy tons of commons, pretty much it though. I do want to save up for an epic mine but 3000 seems way too much

16. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    That's the problem. f2p players are SO much different than p2p. For a p2p player, they would think, "huh, 3000 pearls...I could spend $100, get a couple of those and a couple of epic crates as well...". For a f2p player, it's a LIFETIME goal just to get one! Pearls are so rare it would take many months playing THOUSANDS of battles to even get one.
    I'm sure many p2p players would pay over 10 000 pearls for an epic duplicate.

If EVERYTHING in a game can be unlocked with money, you can't possible even hope to compare f2p to p2p. Thats why I wish there was some part of the game that couldn't be achieved with spending immense amounts of money. (Besides achievements). But rovio took the opposite route. And now everyone is stuck with it whether they like it or not :/

Morning_Sword and fr4nk1yn like this.
  17. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what's called pay-to-win. A lot of phone games are still in that era, so Rovio didn't have a reason to do otherwise.

On-topic, as a free player, I wouldn't even save up 2k pearls for them. Takes too long and no where near worth it.

18. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I spend my pearls on extending the reach of my sugar now, gotta get that training done.
    If the new sugar excess can really be used to train above my sugar cap (as clearly stated by SirCornedBeef in the new patch notes) I'll be saving up 3900 for the crate instead, whether they dropped the price of T1 epics to 2000 or not.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  19. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

How about 2-3 million gold options with pearls , i would definitely farm for an epic ....

20. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I'd consider it, if I thought I'd ever be able to level it up. But the prospect of finding duplicates for an epic is not very encouraging at my level.

I feel like epics are just the p2w uncommons, for whales to 'make do' with while they're fishing for legendaries. For low-rollers like me, they're just inventory clutter.

Regarding the price point: I'm pretty sure Rovio know exactly what they're doing. Even if they knew for a fact they could make more money by reducing prices, they still wouldn't do it until they'd milked as many people as possible at the higher price first.