1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

to drop out of Nightmare? (again?)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by D3X, 22 Sep 2017.

1. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

I know a lot of you really think I'm crazy to do this, but after a lot of consideration, there's no value to stay in Nightmare. As you all know, I'm more a P2P leaning towards F2P type of player. I do not believe in a system of excessive paying for a game. There's little or no personal gratification to actually PAY for the items I want, I'd rather work hard to farm and be patient to get to those goals, it's far more rewarding as a player to accomplish something with hard work rather than with cold hard cash. Even though I've spent thousands with other mobile IAP games in the past, I feel that this should be the RIGHT mindset for any game; ie to play the game responsibly and within reason.

So here are some reasons why I believe that staying in Nightmare is impeding my progression in the game:
    • Nightmare League Season Rewards are not worth the time (link). Simply put, it's more worthwhile in lower leagues, you get far more useful items per season.
    • Games are far longer and more difficult; the average time spent playing a single battle is 3-4mins, and finding a battle takes 10-20 seconds longer. Compound that all together, your rate of games is drastically reduced.
    • The pool of players in Nightmare is surprisingly SMALL, the amount of players you interact with can cause conflict or even tense situations. I've seen VIP blow up in full-blown arguments over 1 silly game. This can create sour or salty situations. I'm generally likable, but I have my enemies and nemeses who likely hunt me down.
    • Star generation is slower because not all games are quick (as stated earlier) and players that are much more powerful than you typically gain Stars.
    • The Infamy gap is actually massive, with players over 5K Infamy are then matched with 2.6K infamy(who are fleeting) creates very unfair match situations that are oftenly non-favorable.
    • Every Season reset you're thrown into a massive infamy drop with many games losses because the top tier Nightmare guys are directly affecting you, your resource and star gain plummets.
    • Self Confidence & mental stability, the level of playing here is pretty high and requires a lot of concentration and awareness, you mind becomes attached and things get serious. More often, you feel rage, frustration, despair, pride which is actually an impairment in this game.
    I really want to progress, more specifically, the items / gear levels. People will argue that Skill is something that can overcome everything, but honestly, I've been there and fought with the best. When I'm at my best, I can definitely compete, but fall short due to lack of damage or defence or a combination of. I just simply want a situation where I can gain the most items / stars/ and resources and Nightmare after about 6 seasons, I've concluded is not the place.

The flip side obviously is that dropping any sort of Infamy is likely frowned upon. That would mean that I would need to "manipulate" my infamy to a certain degree, and that would also mean that I'm likely a "seal clubber". Rovio also with the anti-infamy manipulation methods would disallow this, it's sort of the Infamy / losing on purpose / cheat tactics that we've seen at high Nightmare league.

I'm only posing a question. My actions have not reflected this in game.

I do not appreciate the censorship, at least inform and explain! I believe in free speech, deleting and snuffing out the previous thread conversation was entirely uncalled for and I demand an explanation. My question here is only for discussion and for feedback from players, and it was a constructive discussion.

Last edited: 22 Sep 2017
  2. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Everyone's too scared of catching a ban to reply, I guess :p

I'd like to say - I completely understand. It almost feels like you're being punished for punching above your weight, and as much as the intrinsic reward of having a high infamy is sweet, good vibes don't buy better gear. I've asked before about the possibility of being able to trade higher-level gear for weaker stuff at an enhanced exchange rate (something based on the shop prices) - that would at least let someone like me who uses exactly zero Epic items get some use out of the pile of parts and powercells I'm stacking up to boost my Rares, and you'd be able to turn those Legendary pieces into more useful Epic gear for yourself. Ditto for any Uncommon users who went on a hot streak and snuck into Master III.

But at the same time, you're still talking about one of the things the devs are trying to avoid - people deliberately dropping infamy in order to have an "easier time" in either the battles or the season rewards. It's easy to say you'll use weaker items or a different ship (and I believe that you would) but unfortunately there's lots of people who won't have the same noble intentions and just say "lol I'm gonna tank to Warrior league and farm no0bz 24/7!"

• Percy •, simonwor, D3X and 3 others like this.
  3. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Inb4 locked thread.
    I see where this comes to. The higher up in the game you're in, the more likely you'll encounter people who have spent thousands on their gear.
    I'm personally blown away at people who even have Tier 3 Legendary Items, much less, people who have Maxed out Overboost and Big Torpedoes.
    So as a player who hasn't spent a cent on this game, I don't think I'd even want to reach that level either. Besides, Fixers aren't cool anymore.

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  4. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

It was deleted? Why? - Did you get an answer for that?
    I'd like to know which rule it broke as it was clearly constructive as you said. There was no meaning to encourage seal clubbing or anything like that. Just thinking how to drop out from nightmare league WITHOUT hurting many people (maybe not even single one as first match of the season usually causes low-mid range nightmares to drop below that league line).

5. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Absolutely nothing.

Ultrah likes this.
  6. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I do think that it's time to raise the infamy reset to 4500, there's no fun to be had being matched at the same level as the +5000 crowd when I'm just over 4000 at my best.

behumble likes this.
  7. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

I tought I was close to reaching nightmare, then it was changed to 4000. Now I'm almost at 4000 and it has to be changed again?

At this rate I'll never reach nightmare:(

behumble and Shadow Moon! like this.
  8. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Haha, I know that feeling:) I don't mean the league though, just the infamy reset.

9. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

May be the game wants you to wait untill I get past 3000 and then we can play with or against each other;):p

Wishaal likes this.
  10. Wishaal

I'd rather play with eachother. I hate to destroy friends, I hate it even more if they destroy me;)

• Percy • and Shadow Moon! like this.
  11. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Trying hard to get past 3000 hope shop gives me another ob soon I need tier 3 ob

12. TheRedSpeeder

I'd like the idea if they spread nightmare to I and II leagues, which would work like now but people with 4000-4500 drops to 4000 and 4500+ gets droped to 4500 when the season ends.
    Obliviously league II would be from 4000 to 4500 and league I starting from 4500.

13. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I'm sure something similar to that will be coming soon man, if not Marauder's ultra league. Nightmare is getting way too populated.

• Percy • likes this.
  14. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

i can see it logically split into 2 leagues. I doubt they will raise the reset however.

15. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    So my first game of the new Season.... Credit where Kudos is due, Neptune had a hell of a game.

Fail :eek::rolleyes:o_O:mad::(

Looks like I have to wait for another 2 weeks to attempt this.

Shadow Moon! and The Otherguy like this.
  16. Wishaal

That moment when you reach nightmare on accident...

Most of us can't relate to that first world problem you got there!:mad:

Hell, most of us will probably never even reach nightmare:mad:

Shadow Moon! and The Otherguy like this.
  17. TheRedSpeeder

Trust me, it's gonna be nightmare when you reach there :p

Wishaal likes this.
  18. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Well, I played that game as normal, didn't have the intent to completely tank that game in terms of fairness. My competitive side still wants to fight. So in honesty, I did contribute to that game so it's not entirely an accident. I got 2 stars for a reason, and I was burning while Neptune did damage ontop of my burned targets.

19. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Time to start this up again. Now according to Rovio, it's not illegal / against the rules and I won't be dinged or rolled back right?

Only way to best increase the odds from this ultra low rewards and very ungenerous game, for playetd who do not spend 10k a month on this game.

Best way to farm legitimately for epics imo.

20. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Does it take two seasons to drop out of nightmare league? Also if u reset at 4000 can u just stay there and be inactive?