1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Proposal for Acquiring Legendary Weapons

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by retryW, 16 Sep 2017.

1. SAØS!N

SAØS!N Member

Artist
    More of this wouldnt hurt, woulda lost my shit if this was a Legendary item though. 20170919_174122.jpg

2. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Is there a rush on good luck happening? My free crate gave me an Epic Red part, and the two commons that came from it I scrapped giving me another Epic Red part and a Rare Red part.

3. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

I dunno, sometimes I feel like yes, but more than likely it's just my imagination. But at least on two separate occasions I've opened a free crate, got a purple weapon, then scrapped an epic and two rares to get 3 legendary pieces.

@Miika @Zeus
    I'll take your silence as a mark of approval for my OP ;)

Ultrah likes this.
  4. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I for one, would spend more on buying pearls, if I knew that the legendary item I would eventually get would be the one I want.
    The first epic container I bought, gave me an Epic Carronade and pieces I got evolved me to get an Epic Rudder . So it sort of quashed my enthusiasm for buying any more Pearl Diver packages to save up for more Epic Containers. I've been playing F2P for the last month and will probably continue. It's just as fun a game to play as F2P. But if I keep putting in more money to buy pearls and ended up with a Legendary Carronade after 6 more months, I literally would delete the game immediately and purge BattleBay from my memory. Why put myself through that misery? However, if my incentive was that I could actually choose to pick an Legendary Sniper rifle for my first item once I had 10 pieces, then I would feel better about spending a couple hundred dollars on pearls.

retryW likes this.
  5. DaveRay35

DaveRay35 Active Member

I just know that the first leg item im gonna get is something that doesnt suit my playing style at all. Like a mine. Its gonna be a mine isnt it...

6. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Legendary Gear Lube.

7. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

This is exactly right. Every item in the game is viable, but many won't suit your play style or your current ship/setup.
    It would be incredibly disappointing to get a legendary that completely contradicts the build you've spent months and months on.

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  8. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

*bump*
    Hey devs, usually you guys are pretty vocal / transparent about ideas posted on this forum. Wondering if you could give some thoughts on my OP :)
    I'm more than happy to hear it's a terrible idea, or not, just want to hear your point of view (Y)

@Zeus @Miika

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  9. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

If u can't buy doubles then what happens once u have bought every single possible item or tha ones u want, how do u now get a 2nd?

Last edited: 29 Sep 2017
  10. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

As stated in the original post (it was long so sorry if it wasn't entirely clear)
    You can still get duplicates from combining your legendary pieces in the current fashion, by combining into a random one from your inventory. My change would just allow you to choose your first non duplicate of each item.

I feel this would still keep it incredibly hard to have T2+ legendaries, but would make it less disappointing when you get a legendary that doesn't fit your build/playstyle.

So still hard to get

11. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I don't think it does make it hard to get t2s. It would make it really easy to buy an all gold setup, and then your chance of getting a duplicate is only about 1/5.

12. Zotah

Zotah Member

On man, I would love to chose my first legendary. Those legendary pieces are so hard to get. My play style is canon (Fixer and Speeder), I would be so disappointed to get a mortar as example.

I support this very good idea and hope the dev will just implement it since it will be good for both players and Rovio.

Mr. Chompers, The Otherguy and retryW like this.
  13. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Incorrect. You would still have a 1 in 19 chance (just over 5%) chance of getting a duplicate of any said weapon.
    Considering you'd only get one chance per 20 weeks if you're lucky (based on Nightmare rewards) , It's still super rare.

Last edited: 30 Sep 2017
    Mr. Chompers likes this.
  14. DarkImmortal

DarkImmortal Active Member

I also think your proposal should also apply for Rare items, too. For example, whenever a player scrap items or open chests that contain pieces, players should be allowed to choose the color for those pieces. This would benefits for both Spend-a-lot players as they would get the color they want and also increase the chance (just a little) for Free players to get the items want.

The reason is that I play mainly Shooter, acquiring yellow/green pieces would not make sense to me. ==

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  15. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how you are working that out, but I think we might be talking at cross purposes.

It wouldn't just be based on nightmare rewards, because anyone with enough money can just buy pieces.

If you always get to choose the first item that you don't have (as with Rares and Epics), then you can choose different items each time, until every item on your boat is a t1 Epic.

When you have an all gold set (say ~7 items), then you can start buying random legendaries. Since there are 35 possible items, and you already have 7, you would have roughly a 7/35 chance of pulling a duplicate. 7/35 reduces to 1/5.

Last edited: 30 Sep 2017
  16. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Fair enough. But 1 in 5 is still a small chance, 20%. And to get 7 items through rewards if you get all parts you need will take ~3 years of playing in nightmare... is getting a 20% chance at a duplicate after 3 years not an incredibly difficult acquisition still ?

17. Zotah

Zotah Member

So no news from the Devs on this idea .... :(:(

Mr. Chompers, retryW and The Otherguy like this.
  18. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Apparently not. But I'm hoping now news is good news, as they've added/changed/ fixed a few things suggested here on the forums that they never replied to. They are usually pretty vocal about bad ideas and give decent logic behind why it wouldn't work.

I REALLY hope they consider this idea, because I only need 3 more reds and 3 more blues. And with the Guild raffle I'll probably get there in the next month or so. And those 10 pieces are going to be sitting there not getting combined, as I know if I end up getting something that doesn't fit the play style I've spent hours building will cause me to lose a LOT of motivation for this game.

Closing in on 100 hours playtime, and if I feel that playtime isn't rewarding, what's the point right?

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  19. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

I got two red pieces from the raffle this week. This puts me at 5 legendary red pieces in 4 months

retryW likes this.
  20. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

I still haven't got any from the 2 legendary raffles draws Ive had. Hopefully this week is better :)