1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

IT'S GOING DOWN at 3:30 AM EST! Tournament 2! $250 cash prize - The LATE LATE SHOW xD

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by DeeMeester, 19 Sep 2017.

1. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

[​IMG]
    Current prize pool for Tournament 2: $50 // Goal: $100
    (we intend to grow this amount with each tournament)
    -links & tournament registration beneath video-

TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION & LINKS
    - Subscribe to the Official Tournament YouTube: www.BAEWATCH.Win
    - Registration OPEN (until September 29th) for Tournament 2 - REGISTER HERE: www.battlebaydiscord.xyz/baewatch
    - Join the discussion on our Official Discord: www.discord.me/baewatchtournament
    - Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baewatchtournament
    - Support more BAE WATCH Tournaments: https://streamlabs.com/deemeester-baewatch

**Special Promotions (other ways to get into the tournament)**
    option A -
    For every person who donates at least $5 (at the link above) to help support us creating tournaments, you will have your name entered twice into the drawing to select tournament players and you will also receive the pink color for your name on discord and an “all access” pass on discord with access to “crew-chat” and special tournament sneak-peeks.

option B -
    32 tournament slots are CURRENTLY open in the bracket. Because we need help supporting our full-time staff working on the tournament, we are offering a guaranteed tournament entry (only 10 guaranteed tournament entriies will be offered) for each person who donates $20 to support BAE WATCH. If you’re interested in a guaranteed spot, check availability by emailing us at baewatchftw@gmail.com

option C -
    We are offering a guaranteed slot (only 5 available) for individuals who tag 5 friends in the comments of one of our Facebook posts. To receive an entry ticket to the tournament, yourself and all 5 tagged friends must like the BAE WATCH Facebook page. First come, first serve.

- - - - - -
    8-battle (5-tier) tournament breakdown: 1-1-1-2-3 (each tier separated by a ‘-‘)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 20 Sep 2017
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

When this tournament ends, please put as much gameplay as possible to "Battle Bay With Mr. Spy". There is a lot of good gameplay scattered on the forums. Let's all take the effort to combine it on one thread so that it gets more exposure.

The Otherguy, DeeMeester and Ultrah like this.
  3. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

That's a great idea. When we make "Best of BAE WATCH: Volume 2" we will definitely add it to that thread :cool:

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  4. Reboot

Reboot Active Member

Good luck guys! I thoroughly enjoyed the last one and can't wait for this one to start.
    If any of you haven't watched the last tournament's videos, go watch them now!

5. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    Season 1 Tournament links:
    Qualifiers:
    Semi Finals:
    Championship:
    Y'all need to get over to www.battlebaydiscord.xyz/baewatch and register for the next one! We are so excited for season 2! :D

DeeMeester, *Rubber Duck* and Ultrah like this.
  6. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

Wow! Thank you, Reboot :)
    We're working hard to make the next tournament even more EPIC

We've got TWO new things to announce today:

1) COMMUNITY FIGURES --- To make the tournament super fun & interesting we've reached out to a few dank 'community figures' in the BB scene and offered them a ticket to the tournament.
    They are: Genki Gamers, American Marauder, Diet Coke, and Bastone!

Welcome to T2, guys! Anyone who knows these guys knows they are very active players, streamers and/or forum contributors. If you compete in the tournament you might be staring down one of these guys. We're super excited to have them and look forward to seeing what skilled players they go head to head against.

2) A NEW SCORING SYSTEM --- BAE points!

As you guys know, the STAR system has its own proprietary algorithm and while you can get some really sweet stuff in the crates you unlock with stars, we've been interested in making the tournament EVEN MORE FAIR to all players of all ship classes so here's what we're proposing for scoring T2. (Shout out to @American Marauder for his help conceiving this idea with us)

A match between players will be scored in BAE pts as follows:
    - 2 pts for each STAR
    - 2 pts for each KILL
    - 1 pt for each 2500 dmg/healing done - healing points will only be awarded to fixers (bandaids don't count)

** This is an open forum guys & a discussion. Let us know what you think about these updates if you have an opinion and registration is extended until the 29th where we will have a lottery and live stream all the tournament competitors who are selected.
    ** UPDATE: We will be revisiting this issue tomorrow after we've gotten feedback from the BAE WATCH discord (120 members & feedback funneling in as we speak!) and confirm that we will use STARS or BAE pts. Thank you

Good luck to all of you in battle & we will see you on the Bay :cool:
    PS guyz- The tournament date isn't set in stone yet but will be sometime in late October!

Last edited: 20 Sep 2017
  7. The War Net

The War Net Member

So here is the issue for the scores.... what happens when a fixer competes against a shooter? I don’t think kills should be scored at all. This only helps if you plan to have ships battle only against their own class of ships. Also, what happens when a pay to play person competes against a free to play person, and they don’t score anywhere near as much damage, especially if you’re not forcing mk7 vs mk7.

This system is fatally flawed to only assist the top dogs who have paid their way there.

8. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

The new scoring system alone would make me not want to take part in the tournament. Hopefully you guys rethink it. Either way, can't wait to watch :)

9. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

UPDATE: We've had a MASSIVE discussion on the discord just now only shortly after posting this update with a lot of players and determined we will in fact probably be going back to the STAR system #ripBAEpts lmao. Thanks community for letting your feedback be heard!

10. The War Net

The War Net Member

Allow me to add a bit more to my reasoning for not using Bae points.

If you’re a mk3 and you’re going against a mk7, who do you think will get more damage?
    If you’re in warrior league and your opponent is in nightmare, who do you think will get more damage?
    If you’re in a match with multiple fixers on each team, but you’re opponent has a match with no fixers, who do you think will get more damage?
    If you’re a mk3 fixer with uncommon items and your opponent is a mk7 shooter with legendary weapons, who will get more points?
    If you’re a speeder, who supports his team by stunning and freezing, but don’t get top damage, and you’re going against a shooter with 5 legendary weapons, who will get top damage?

Look, the list could go on for forever of the reasons using Bae points is so fatally flawed. The point is, using stars is currently the only method that incorporates your total contribution to the team, win or lose, and is equal at all infamy and ship levels, regardless of gear. Work needs to be done to figure out tie breakers, but for now, using Bae points will foreseeably make many people not want to compete as it’s geared towards pay to play people at the top levels of the game.

That’s my two cents, now let me get off my soapbox.

11. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    So I've given this some more thought and think you should have 2 levels for damage/heal points. The lower infamy competition should use the 2500 dmg/heal but the higher infamy should use a higher number. Reason being, the Ace 1 / Nightmare players use much stronger weapons and healing equipment. I would up it to at least 4000 - 5000 dmg/heals for 1 Bae Point.

12. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    No that's wrong from what i understand. There's two "divisions" - one for low infamy and one for high infamy. And it's absolutely not fair to just use the star system. I've killed 5 opponents and only got 2 stars where someone else uses fire or frost and gets 3 stars. The Bae Point system allows a player to get scored based on their performance. I've gotten 2 stars on a losing game before because i did well. This will help those who get stuck with under-performing teams still get to compete since its now using 3 methods of scoring points rather than 1. And do i need to talk about Fixers not scoring high with stars?

DeeMeester likes this.
  13. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Dislike...

14. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

Thank you for this insight, A.M.- you make an excellent point. I like having two tiers for dmg done. I am going to bring this to the discord discussion as well and see what we can come up with and post the information here for everyone to view. It's been good to get all this feedback so we can make the scoring system the best it can be.

American Marauder likes this.
  15. The War Net

The War Net Member

So we’ve already talked about limiting people to only using one fire type item or one frost type item. Without being able to use both if you’re on a fixer, enforcer or speeder. Thus eliminating the possibility of people exploiting the star system. Also, by the time we actually begin getting video from players, the new update should drop fixing the star system and it’s unbalanced favoring of fire and frost.

Again, when it comes to kills or damage, neither one of these is supportive of ships like speeder, enforcer or defender. The reason I say this is because those three ships are technically support type ships. In the lower tiers, most defenders are not rolling out the top damage in battle. Often, they push, defend and die, serving their purpose, but not getting many kills or damage done. This is the same for speeders and enforcers who do play a Support role, and they are using far fewer weapons than shooters. Their job is to assist by stunning and freezing you opponents, which Bae points has no method to gauge and score, however, the star system does account for those supporting items. This is the reason the star system is the most balanced method for rating people.

Kills, and I have said this many times, can be sniped without you really doing a lot of damage. Does this mean you should win because you came in at just the right time? I think not.

Again, your system still only supports shooters and isn’t taking into consideration that lower tier ships have far fewer weapons than the shooter, at every single stage. Speeder, enforcer and defender all only have two until mk5. Then the enforcer and defender get 3. Whereas the shooter gets 3 at mk3, 4 at mk4 and 5 at mk5. This is an obvious disadvantage when considering using Bae points systems.

DeeMeester and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  16. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

Ok guys, we've gotten some really good feedback on both scoring systems and I know everyone unanimously agreed that the community should decide the scoring system for this next tournament at the beginning of this discussion process.

I'm making this post to announce that while I like the prospects the BAE points systems presents in its ability to be customized/tailored, the overwhelming decision on the tournament discord by many players who are registered who have seen the initial draft for the BAE points system and the subsequent updates to it, have still voted for the STAR system.

Thank you again for the insights and remember we're still working out how to do tie-breakers which there were a LOT of in the first tournament (1st tournament we went off: ships killed, then dmg/healing done for tie-breakers after stars) so I think this will be another opportunity to create tiebreakers that support as-level-a playing field as possible among players.

If you have any ideas please let them be known by mentioning '@everyone' on the tournament discord or posting here on this thread.

The tourney will be here before you know it in October & in the meantime let's meet up for some dank battles on the Bay ;)

Captain Gilligan likes this.
  17. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    8 DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER!
    Let everyone know! Let's get everyone in on this amazing Tournament!

DeeMeester likes this.
  18. Joey who

So the tournameny starts in a couple months? :(

Also, when it does drop it only fixes fire bonus contribution, not frost

DeeMeester likes this.
  19. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

@Joeyaa It's in late October! And we're looking at fire & frost :)

20. Joey who

Ahh.. HOPEFULLY the next update will have came out by then. But we can only hope...

DeeMeester and Captain Gilligan like this.