1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

POLL: Which ships need buffs? [Poll restarted]

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Joey who, 14 Sep 2017.

?

Which boats need buffs?

1. Shooter

9.8%
  2. Speeder

23.5%
  3. Enforcer

11.8%
  4. Defender

51.0%
  5. Fixer

43.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. KRaZE

KRaZE New Member

lol i think your 'reworked' fixer would break the game,if anything, add a mortar type healing item at 2 slots and maybe a third blue slot and it will be fine.....i completely disagree with buffing speeder,you are to be glass cannons not tanks

2. KRaZE

KRaZE New Member

if that is your logic then enforcer should be included as well not so?

Babablacksheep likes this.
  3. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

You think my Fixer buffs would break the game, but you don't think a healing mortar would?

4. KRaZE

KRaZE New Member

No I don't. The item would be a long distance 2 slot item with a relatively long cooldown, as a fixer is a support ship being away as far as possible from the heat of battle but still able to do your job is ideal. Plus it's not like the heals will be massively overpowered anyway,plus it would add to diversity of healing items which stands at 4,still less than all the others

5. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

-1 yellow? Don't be silly.

6. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It is ideal... if you want a speeder to come and kill you.

Shadow Moon! and The Otherguy like this.
  7. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

It would be an AoE heal that the Fixer can fire over walls and obstacles. Do you really want the Fixer that just sits behind a wall spamming mortars all day? No, you don't, because Fixers aren't snipers. Being that far away from your team for the whole match means your team also can't protect you if you get into trouble. At best, a heal-mortar would cause Speeders to become even more popular. At worst, Speeders get nerfed or fall out of favor at the same time and we're left with teams getting spammed with heals from an unseen ship for the whole game. What's better than a double-Pulse that can't be stopped? We're trying to come up with solutions, not create new problems.

Healing items aren't in great need of diversity right now, either. The game only needs to have a few healing items and it has most of the bases covered already (for comparison, look at the number of healing items in just about any shooter in the world). We have an AoE heal, a mid-range heal, a long-range heal, and a solo-heal. We don't need a long-range AoE heal in this type of game, and I would quit the game if they added one.

Shadow Moon! and The Otherguy like this.
  8. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Anything would be better than the current stalemate of 70% of the meta being speeder+shooter. But I guess this absurdly shrewed population is also why they arent willing to take a serious look into fixing it.

Mk6 Fixer is not in a good place - Lowest average infamy (for nightmare players, which is where any mk6 worth considering is playing), by far the lowest top rank (on a good day you might find a Fixer in the 20's other times its hard to find even 1 inside the top 50. At mk6 Fixer becomes a large slow boat with a giant target on it, that would be fine if it had ways to defend itself. But nono, first we nerf its HP, then we nerf its mobility (Overboost) and then we cut its selfhealing in half. And if you then decide to play the boat despite this you are looking at farming gold and inparticular stars at a much slower pace than everyone else.
    Why bother?

I've tried to be supportive of the devs, but I really dont understand why they made a fixerclass if they are so helbent on making sure its underplayed trash? Reaching the point of just giving up and deleting the app, its pretty clear that they are happy with Fixers being 5th class citizens. Yah!

Earel, Shadow Moon! and The Otherguy like this.
  9. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

Would you please mind reading completely throught before commenting anything like that? This clearly proves enforcers are included to my logic on that text:

10. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I feel there should be a buff specifically for mk6 and mk7 but an all around buff for all fixer mk levels is way too much if you ask me

11. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

I don't see why not, Mk 5 and 4 Fixers aren't teetering on the brink of OPness. They can handle an all-around buff without turning this into Fixer Bay.

The Otherguy likes this.
  12. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

imo enforcers and shooters...

imo shooters need 1 more red slot from mk5 on \ 1 more blue slot from mk5 on
    enforcers need more weapon slot points

13. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

They don't need a buff. They are very strong and they can even climb really high with low level items. Mk6 and 7 fixers do need to be improved but mk5 and under are good where they are at.

14. Kitterini

I agree that the problem doesnt become obvious before mk6. Mk5 Fixer can go very high in infamy, but man does it require a boring playstyle (sit far back & be as passive and defensive as possible). The tricky part is how to make T6+ more viable without it changing too much below. Speed (accel) you could alter I guess, the Overboost nerf (while probably overall a good decision) made Fixer a very easy target, being able to move / turn faster would alliviate some of it. Another option would be add a blue point (and or slot), giving some actual choice in which items to use.
    The second issue of selfhealing is trickier, in particular for Fixers that would want to play without Duct Tape --- Bringing back some selfhealing on Repair Pulse is my main wish, Fixers have to stay close to where damage is landing when using Pulses. Another idea could be to have Bolt cause x % selfhealing when used, giving Fixers a low instant selfheal on demand. But both of these changes would also benefit lower fixers.

But this is all dreaming, it seems like the devs think their Fixer changes are great & that the boat is best kept at the buttom of the pile (talking Nightmare and beyond here). Perhaps its meant for the sadomasochistic part of the playerbase ;)

Earel, Joey who and Shadow Moon! like this.
  15. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Lol what? Shooters you must be kidding.

Miathan likes this.
  16. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

no i am not, mk5 shooters with 4k hp averagely get matched up against top global, now tell what can they possibly do, they are 1shots but they cant reposition as good as speeders or enforcers, nor they can cure\heal... yep mk5 shooters need a buff (i am not a shooter user)

17. Kitterini

Isn't that a general problem all mk5's face though? You reach 3-3.5k and find yourself being cannonfodder in over half your games.
    The fix to that would be to decrease scaling (There is no good, non monetary, reason for why mk7's need to be that much more powerful than the ships they face in games).

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  18. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

That is why they are called shooters mate the ones with more firepower low positioning speed moderate to high hp. They have more fire power than any other ship they don't need any buffs already half the bay is using shooter.

disorder likes this.
  19. disorder

disorder Active Member

true, in top 400 there is around 140 shooter, 140 speeder...and around 40 of each other (there a thread about top 400)

20. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

People who voted for speeders are requested to watch latest video in inbox(or spotlight)