1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Torpedoes

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Potato Skin, 17 Sep 2017.

?

Buffs for torpedo

Poll closed 17 Oct 2017.
  1. 3 weapon slot

3.3%
  2. Less damage

34.4%
  3. Longer reload

3.3%
  4. No, i like seeing people suffer

59.0%
  1. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

My preference would be to apply an arming time similar to a mine or increase minimum range on them. If you're firing from a distance then it makes no odds, but the minimum range as it currently stands isn't big enough. Unless you can use any speed enhancing gear, it's hard to avoid a close range torpedo.

2. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Exactly. That is the weakness of the torp. If the min arm range would be increased, the torp would become a spam weapon only...

3. SAØS!N

SAØS!N Member

Artist
    This one example of 'Legendary' BT is enough for me to change my mind... that damage is just mad

4. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    IMG_0764.PNG
    Look out...

MatCool1234 and _devill like this.
  5. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Excism, MatCool1234, Wishaal and 2 others like this.
  6. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    That's the beauty of torpedoes, they're a high risk, high reward weapon. If you really want to be a danger to the enemy team, you have to be willing to put yourself in danger. And when you're up in the front lines of battle, you gotta make every shot count...
    -Uerguy: your bro with the torpedoes September 18, 2017

The Otherguy likes this.
  7. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Sure increase their arming range but triple their speed. Agreed?

The Otherguy likes this.
  8. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Nerf the splash damage radius. It's ridiculous that we take such high damage when we're far away from a wall that it hits. While we're at it, nerf the mine detonation radius as well.

Cyn, MatCool1234 and CheekyDevilGod like this.
  9. Crack Efron

Crack Efron Member

There's nothing OP about BIG torpedos. It requires lots of skill, experience and calculations and honestly not enough damage. Other torpedos are literally useless. Explosive cannon and speeders however seem more OP by far. Fixers are game changers but it requires so much skill to play it right they should not be changed at all as well

10. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

I've played both and I can say torps require more skill than mortars. Certainly takes skill to play mortars, impossible to hit anything without leading the shots. But torps require more skills to hit.

The Otherguy likes this.
  11. CheekyDevilGod

You admitted you were wrong and you apologized for something you said over the internet.

RESPECT!!!!!!

The Otherguy and Wishaal like this.
  12. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

For legitimate users (mostly speeders) yes requires skill, for shooter just keep spamming and you get one good hit every game(i use torpedo and mortar on my shooter) and that hit is game changer. Had a match with an entire torpedo spamming enemy team in subzero and we just lost a winning match because everyone on team was confused and doing insane splash harm to nearby teammates get hit by big torps

13. CheekyDevilGod

Gets 5 units away from the wall....BOOM...700 dmg.

Either splash radius needs to go down or splash dmg. I can't remember the number of times I've lost cause I was near a wall, lost a lot of hp and died soon

14. CheekyDevilGod

Yes, I've tried an all torp shooter. Always having a torp which is ready to fire is amazing. However it's impossible to hit what you are aiming for when you go all torps, you get lucky and do dmg to ships, sure but never the ones you need to or want to hit. Even with 3 torps, you need to sail fast, get close and take a lot of fire before killing atleast 1 ship (Assuming you play legit).

Even worse is in order to play torps effectively we need to use all turbos or turbo+rudder/gear lube which means low hp+easy target. (Same for mines, but you don't need rudder or gear lube, pure turbos and strategical mine positioning)

I believe your team lost cause it together and nearby a wall, the exact type of team an all torp team can destroy.

If I see a lot of torps incoming from the other side I immediately switch to mortar view, spread out and get away from walls. Works for me and if my team mates don't die, I win.

The Otherguy likes this.
  15. CheekyDevilGod

Even if you are an mk5 shooter, spaming weapons will only take you so far, you can confuse them and split the team up but that's it.

16. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I could probably get on board with a maximum range. Every time I play on Dropdead Gorge and Damage Depot, I always see a bunch of torpedoes wiz by, long before I see any unfriends.

People just loose them in the hope they'll get lucky. They're usually easy to avoid, but shots like that definitely aren't aimed, and don't really deserve to hit anything. It might be better if they just sank once they get beyond visual range.

17. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

You already have that. Its called a swift torpedo.

18. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

I was talking about big with smile in front

The Otherguy likes this.
  19. Kosta

Kosta Member

just smaller exp.range for big torpedo..

20. Potato Skin

Potato Skin Member

Ok then, i challenge you to avoid torpedoes even the splash damage. You must be so "attentive" that you escape all torpedoes.