1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Proposal for Acquiring Legendary Weapons

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by retryW, 16 Sep 2017.

1. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    This is an excellent idea. Support.

retryW likes this.
  2. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Bumped to show support for this great idea

retryW likes this.
  3. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Much appreciated :)

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  4. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

Brilliant!!! a Simple tweak that can go a long long way in making a lot of spending players (big and small) very happy... Rovio!!! you are on the clock! make this happen! :) :) :)

5. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

not to mention the fact the the grinders who have earned enough legendary pieces to make 1 won't feel duped for all their hard work when they can actually choose their first legendary item... This suggestion MUST happen, i don't see any acceptable defensive argument from the devs not to make this adjustment. it is totally fair and a win/win for both sides.

Mr. Chompers and retryW like this.
  6. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

I love how we discuss stuff like these in the forums as if they'll be introduced to the game in the next update when in reality the next update itself is nowhere in sight.

7. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    Yup. We cant even buy parts in the shop. Ill take my chances with rare

8. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I just wanna open battle bay and read 'there is a new version available, please go to appstore to download it.' but no, this game loads all the same. Every damn time.

Mr. Chompers and Jdm7 like this.
  9. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Even if you never manage to evelove a legendary, it would still likely be the most powerful weapon you own, and it doesn't require as much training. For example, training Dr Buzzkill to tier V takes a lot of grinding. A level 10 legendary would be better than a t5 Rare without any of the training.

I'm not sure exactly what epic level a L10 legendary would correspond to, but I think it's still better than t4.

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  10. Pewpewdie

Pewpewdie Member

Why not suggest to have a revival of the star chests. 150 stars for 1 random epic piece and 500 stars for a random legendary piece, this will be pretty fair to be honest.

11. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

@Miika still waiting for your opinion mate ;)

Mr. Chompers and Ultrah like this.
  12. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

One of the great ideas.

13. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

L10 Legendary is roughly equal to L40 Epic.

L1 Legendary is BETTER than L50 Rare, and has 3 perk slots.

So even if you never leveled up your "one choice Legendary" let alone evolved it, it stands a good chance of being one of your best items.

Because some people like to be wrong and then rage-quit the discussion, let's pick everyone's favorite item to hate, the Sniper Cannon.

Before talents or perks (but who puts anything but crit% on a Sniper?) the base damage of a Rare is 95-365. Epic, 119-481, Legendary, 398-611.

Already it's obvious that fresh out of the crate the Legendary Level 1 Sniper is outpacing the Rare Level 50, plus you get three perk slots immediately.

As far as we can tell, the power growth of every item in BB is linear. So you can easily figure out how much each item will gain per level by (Max - Min) / 49 - in the case of our Sniper, it gains about 5.51, 7.39, and 4.35 damage per level for Rare/Epic/Legendary respectively. (Yes, you're reading that right. Legendary items don't "grow" as fast as Epics or even Rares - this is made up for by their huge base damage.)

So you can easily calculate that the Epic Level 40 Sniper does about (119 + 7.39*39) = 407 damage before perks or talents apply.
    A Legendary Level 10 Sniper does about (398 + 4.35*9) = 437 damage before perks/talents.

Perks and talents stack on top of that. So let's say that someone has BHurt trained to Lv20 (unlocking the Tier IV evolutions) - and because you're focusing on Sniper, you pick those. There's a +5, +10, +10%, +5%, +10%, and +5% for a total of +15 points + 30%. The extra 15 points is almost moot but that 30% bump isn't. And of course everyone took the two +25% crit damage boosts.

L50 Rare = 365 + 30% (110) + 15 = 490 (1224!)
    L1 Legendary = 398 + 30% (119) + 15 = 532 (1330!)
    L40 Epic = 407 + 30% (122) + 15 = 544 (1360!)
    L10 Legendary = 437 + 30% (131) + 15 = 583 (1458!)

Oh look at that. L50 Rare < L1 Leg < L40 Epic < L10 Leg

Last edited: 18 Sep 2017
    Mr. Chompers likes this.
  14. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Actually :
    T1L = T5R
    T2L < T5E
    T3L (level 24/25) = T5E

And a T1L = 3 perk slots. T3L = 4 perk slots.
    You couldn't be more wrong on that one.

15. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Never said anything about T2 legendaries, I specified "level" which is correct, and I already edited the perk slots as I forgot that you need to evolve it to unlock the fourth. But hey, thanks for being a knob about it.

16. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

And I corrected you with the proper ones.
    End of discussion.

17. KRaZE

KRaZE New Member

I support this idea,well done mate!

18. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    Bumped because I want my 150 star epic chest back...so many good memories :)
    I got my first legendary a few weeks ago. Although I got an fantastic EC, if I were to get something like a napalm, I would cry myself to sleep for the next month.
    Not only is this a good idea, you have to wonder why it wasn't already implemented seeing as how the shop works.
    I'm speaking on behalf of moderate spenders here, getting a legendary item was a HUGE deal to me. My entire future in this game was riding on what I got from those 10 golden pieces. What makes it even more tense is that I spent WAY more than I EVER have on a Mobile game. If I didn't get something good it would have felt like I was actually being robbed of my hard earned money!
    Giving the player a choice on the first legendary item would be a breath of fresh air from this completely random styled game, and would increase profits considerably.

To all those who think this would cause more legendary deaths and chaos. It can be taken both ways. Sure the enemy team has a choice on what legendary item they want to use to ruin your day, but so does YOUR team.
    This idea is fair for EVERYONE, I give it a hearty stamp on approval :)

Mr. Chompers, Zotah and retryW like this.
  19. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Cheers for the support mate! Hopefully the devs have a similar opinion!

20. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

I dont see the downside! Full support here :p