1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

THIS. IS NOT. A FAIR. MATCHUP.

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by BasedCarpen, 6 Sep 2017.

1. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

2. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  3. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

Wait, why isn't that fair?

On another note I did not find this battle fair. I understand making accommodations for players over 4K but come on.

IMG_0468.PNG

Last edited: 6 Sep 2017
  4. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    Looks like a normal round to me...

Ian likes this.
  5. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

@Rango8 Posts a good example of the completely hopeless matches that sometime occur when the matchmaking algoritm decides to shorten a players queue in return for giving 5(or 9) players a bad experience.
    ---
    The OP - I don't see the problem? Kudos for doing 8k damage with double mortar though!

6. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Yeah OP, that battle didn't seem unfair at all, no offence.

7. AhmEDEXpress

AhmEDEXpress Member

Yea, you obviously can't win against a team with 10 mortars!
    I have the same issue.

8. BasedCarpen

I'm so tired of reiterating this but it's so god damn frustrating, I have almost 5,000 battles, a matchup where one team has a fixer is just simply not fair. If you don't notice that you're not paying attention or you are at a high level where fixers don't heal a ship 100% as quickly and have two weapons making them less of a healer.

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  9. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

I disagree. If one team has a fixer and the other doesn't, that means one team has that much less DPS heading the other's way. Focus on one enemy at a time and you can win just as easily still. The only real problem is, as usual, teams scattering. Obviously you'll be at a disadvantage in matches where your team scatters if the other team has a fixer, but that's a strategic error, not a matchmaking one. Your team allowing a fixer to excel at its job is what's losing the match, not the simple existence of the fixer. That is, it's exactly the same as losing a match because any other ship excelled at its role.

10. Anthony Fincher

Anthony Fincher New Member

I totally agree.. This game is flawed because of it's players, not the matchmaking. I see players constantly yell attack, together, only to charge in to a situation they can not win. You have to know who, what, and where you are fighting. If you are running a hangar full of mortars, then being in or under cover...WILL NOT WORK! If you only have a low shield ship, YOU WILL LOSE, against a more heavily defensed ship. I usually end up the last man standing only to have the most damage because my teammates charge in way to soon. Be patient and choose your moment, it's simple combat protocol.

11. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Fake news doesnt become true even if you keep repeating them :)
    I've played around 6k games as fixer and done stats for a large portion of them. The result? In games with 1 fixer VS 0 fixer the odds of winning hovered between 48% & 52%.
    @Miika At some point added the info that this is a general trend (which is why the matchmaker allow those matchups).

Now your experience might differ, but that is not the games fault. The 0 fixer team needs to be offensive (preferably in coordination). I mostly play speeder now, so I make a point out of going in to assasinate the fixer when its health drops low.
    Fixers are incredibly fragile, unless the other team sits back and exchange damage with mortars ;)

Anthony Fincher likes this.
  12. disorder

disorder Active Member

Problem of camper...
    If i m against a fixer (5k fight here)
    Focus, and if players are stupid camper i ran in opponent team attacking fixer as much as possible.
    Camp party against fixer is stupid, useless and boring

13. F|XeR

F|XeR New Member

What about this one? Lol

Attached Files:

The Otherguy likes this.
  14. BasedCarpen

May I ask what your infamy is?

I ask because higher infamy fleets generally consist of more speeders, making fixer less useful than a fleet of shooters which stay together with heavy firepower. This is why there are no fixers in the top players. Also as a percentage wise fixers can heal lower infamy ships to full health quicker.

I use fixer as well and I can quickly gain infamy, this is common for people who use fixer below say, 2500 infamy. This is a result of providing an advantage.

So in a matchup were a team has a fixer with many speeders it's easier to take out the fixer. However in a matchup against a fixer and shooters or defenders it is foolish to rush the fixer as the fleet will destroy you, your best bet is to find the ship that strays farthest and target them hoping your team mates do as well, this forces the fixer forward, forces the ship to retreat and heal or hopefully you are able to destroy it.

Anyhow the fact I am using a 5000 battle sample means my experience is significant, it's not just one user. I of course have not run a statistical analysis of my entire time, but I've made the hypothesis based off it and thus have been keeping track from the last 65 matches, and when there is a fixer on one team and not the other, the chance of the fixer team winning is almost 70%. This would make my theory proven.

15. BasedCarpen

I've had similar matchups with two fixers on each team or one and two and they often end in a draw

16. Miika

Miika Game Lead

I counter your hypothesis with data from previous 10 million battles on mk5 level. It's not true.

The impact of having a 1 vs 0 fixers is small. Infact so small actually that even 1 vs 0 defenders has a larger impact (which is also still small).

17. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

DEFENDERS ARE THE BEST

The Otherguy and Ultrah like this.
  18. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Reminds me of this game.
    IMG_4697.PNG
    Idk, not from the frustration, but from how many mortars there were.
    Mortar Bay.

19. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    Holy shiza

The Otherguy and Ultrah like this.
  20. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I got this matchup last night, and I instantly thought of this topic.

They get a pair of mk4s (one with epic shield), and two fixers (one with epic pulse). But it's okay because we got a pair of mk2s to even the odds?

Attached Files: