1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Damage boost for point damage weapons

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ~ HuNteR ~, 8 Sep 2017.

1. ~ HuNteR ~

~ HuNteR ~ New Member

As the title says it all.. .. Can anyone kindly explain me detail what does it means while training various members like bhurt or buzkill...

Thanks in advance

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

All point damage weapons like the blast cannon, sniper, railgun, standard cannon, and carronade (I think)

Last edited: 8 Sep 2017
    fr4nk1yn likes this.
  3. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

And explosive cannon.
    Basically any weapon with fast projectile that travel relatively straight.

4. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

You sure about that? Explosive cannon has a radius, I figured it would be under area damage. I haven't checked for certain, but I believe that's the case.

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  5. Spongeboat

Y
    Yeah I'm pretty sure about that. Area damage on explosive cannon doesn't trigger unless you hit the boat directly. It doesn't behave like normal area damage of mortars or torpedoes where you can hit the boat surrounding and still receive splash damage.
    So it's still pretty much a point and shoot weapon.

Also, I have an explosive cannon myself and the damage did increase when I upgraded that perk.
    So I can confirm.

6. ElMataC

ElMataC Member

Actually it doesn't count as a point damage, I'm 100% sure since I had the same doubt, but when I got the captain talent I didn't get a single point in damage on my 400+ dmg ExCannon

EDIT: does anybody know if this works on flare gun too?

7. Fin-

Fin- Active Member

Canons? Lol what a noobs

8. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Yup, unfortunatly I'm a noob at 3500 infamy with canons. I'll probably never reach your level with canons:rolleyes:

9. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Do us courtesy and please suggest better weapons.

fr4nk1yn and Ultrah like this.
  10. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Suggests standard mortars.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  11. Joey who

Correct me if I am wrong but explosive cannons get both point dmg buffs from dmg to all point damage weapons AND buffs from area damage from sinklaire and mortimer, so it will do more damage hitting a wall by the enemy than direct hits (just like torpedo)

Again, correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't used explosive cannon in a long time but I remember getting more damage from hittings walls/obstacles by enemies than direct hits (which I tried to do whenever possible)

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  12. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Hey! One day I'm going to combine all the rare standard mortars I've stockpiled into a badass, possibly not, t4! I have an enforcer, it's the strongest mortar I can get

Explosive Cannon, it doesn't act like a mortar where a direct hit is point damage and all other else is area damage?
    I think it would be kind of difficult to tell. Ablast cannon gives total misses where my Explosive Cannon would cause damage. Even a little off and it could be doing a lot of area damage instead of point damage.

13. Joey who

I just checked my trainings and explosive cannon gets no boost from 2% buff to point damage weapons. Only from the damage buffs from sinklaire and mortimer :)

I have 30% boosts from bhurt. Then I have 2x +2% area of damage boosts from training and 1x +2% to point damage weapons. Hope this clears up some confusion. My total goes to 34%, not 36%, the point damage weapons boost did not affect it.
    Screenshot_2017-09-08-20-49-12.png Screenshot_2017-09-08-20-49-20.png Screenshot_2017-09-08-20-49-35.png Screenshot_2017-09-08-20-49-41.png

fr4nk1yn, Shadow Moon! and Rango8 like this.
  14. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

It makes sense though. Because it's not a point damage weapon. Since you can hit a wall and deal damage.

15. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

May his ship sink in peace . SIP

Last edited: 9 Sep 2017
    The Otherguy, fr4nk1yn and Joey who like this.
  16. Spongeboat

Actually, that's not how explosive cannon work. You cannot shot the wall by the enemy to do damage them. In fact you cannot shoot any obstacles in the ship vicinity to damage a ship like you can do with torpedoes, if you do it, the splash damage won't register.
    You need to directly hit a ship in order to trigger the splash damage. If the ship you're shooting happens to be near another ship, then that nearby ship will receive splash damage.
    Interestingly you can also shoot your teammates, if there's any enemy's ship near them, they will also receive splash damage.

Source : I have a T3 epic explosive cannon

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  17. Joey who

You must definitely be using explosive cannon the wrong way. The explosive cannon has a range of 2 tiles and I have a video on my channel using the explosive cannon and shooting an obstacle for final kill on the enemy

*JAWS* likes this.
  18. Spongeboat

Seriously?
    I find myself in a lot of situations where I missed the shot and the projectile landed literally few inches away from the enemy with no damage.
    So I just jumped into a conclusion that the explosive cannon needs direct hit in order the projectile to explode and cause splash damage.

I guess I'm gonna need to experiment more with my explosive cannon to find out, might have been using it wrong way.
    Also, can you link me to your video?

19. Joey who

Waves will deactivate the splash.

And yes, here it is

It's kind of hard to tell but right now I'm going to switch to my mini and show some examples

Edit: just did a few battles to see my recorder had crashed :-( so bummed out. I'll make one latet

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  20. Spongeboat

Hey, thanks man.
    I kinda get it now. Explosive cannon needs to hit hard surface to explode. Hitting waves will deactivate the splash like you said.
    Kinda work like torpedoes, not mortars.

Joey who likes this.