1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

BAEWATCH SEASON 2!! Give us your suggestions!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Captain Gilligan, 2 Sep 2017.

1. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    (edit) this is a community driven tournament
    Hello fellow forum members :p

Bae Watch Logo.png

@DeeMeester, @ADTR4Life88, and @Captain Gilligan (me) are hard at work making the second installment of Bae Watch Incredible! To further polish the tournament, we will need suggestions from some experienced players!
    Before you send us your ideas, let me say what we have ironed out so far (P.S. I hope you like to read)

Q: How will the tournament be ranked? Are you still using stars to decide the winner?
    A: For the most part YES, explanation below...
    - We have gone through extensive discussion on this topic, we understand that stars as a whole are partially flawed (ex. firebomb exploiting, we all know that). However we believe that in general, stars are the most understandable and easy to implement. We have mentioned the idea of having our own secret sauce with formulas etc to compensate for possible exploitation, we even had the idea rolling around to use judges choose the winner.
    - So why wouldn't these work? All we want is to provide an entertaining and invigorating piece of content that everyone can enjoy. If we were to add a whole wack of rule and regulations, not only would they be confusing to some players, but I am sure they would cause conflict among fellow battle bay players, this is exactly why we need to use a simple and understandable method.
    - If you are unhappy with this decision, we understand. One way we decided to solve this later in the future is to have separate tournaments for each class of ships, that way, each class would have the option to equip the same items, thus making it fairly balanced. However, to do this we would need 5x the players to apply, we would also need to work 5x more, at this point that is not possible. Later on if BaeWatch receives a good amount of traction we would LOVE to implement this, but for now, we will have to stick to stars.

Q: What rules will there be?
    A: We have yet to finalize that, however, we have talked about some ideas
    - Shooters will be limited to how many firebombs/napalm they can equip. Most likely a limit of 1 (this have not been fully decided yet)
    - Competitors MUST record their battles in one recording. This is to prevent them from sending us only perfect 3 stars battles ;) each competitor will most likely be recording 8 battles IN TOTAL (this also has not been finalized)
    - we will have another thread later including all the information for players to apply. nice and simple :)

Q: How will you pair players against each other.
    A: We plan to pair each player according to their ship type and infamy level, wherever possible. (So a mk7 shooter won't be paired with a mk4 fixer, as much as we can help it)

That's most of the information out of the way, PLEASE let us know your suggestions here or at the BaeWatch Discord server at https://discord.gg/qkgfc5 ! We hope to see you there!

Last edited: 8 Sep 2017
  2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Using judges seems like we would see some bias especially with such a small community. I'd say keep going with how it went last time but limit players to 1 extra contribution item.

Firebomb, flare gun, carronade, napalm, frost blaster, frost launcher, grenade

(Left out tesla bolt because we never notice any extra contribution from this item)

Also: your grey text makes it difficult to read

Last edited: 3 Sep 2017
  3. Captain Gilligan

that sounds reasonable. We will keep it in mind

DeeMeester and Joey who like this.
  4. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    GRENADE!?! NO!!! DON'T TAKE AWAY MY PRECIOUS!!!
    ( :p :p)

DeeMeester and Captain Gilligan like this.
  5. Joey who

Not taking it away, you could use 1 :p

DeeMeester and The Otherguy like this.
  6. Joey who

I need this translated xD

7. Joey who

Much better. Hopefully enough feedback for an easy decision :)

DeeMeester likes this.
  8. Potato Skin

Potato Skin Member

Hello developer, i want a fair implementation of awarding system. I have many experiences with floaters (ships that are not doing anything) that gets awarded with 24 infamy with no single effort. I wish you can implement this even if its hard

WIN SCENARIO
    *Top 3 friends gets awarded with 24 infamy and top 4 and 5 gets awarded with 16 infamy
    OR
    *Top friend gets awarded with 24 infamy, 2nd gets 22, 3rd gets 20, 4th gets 18, 5th gets 16

LOSE SCENARIO
    *Top 3 player's infamy gets deducted by 16 and top 4 and 5 gets deducted by 24
    OR
    *Top player gets deducted by 16, 2nd = 18, 3rd = 20, 4th = 22, 5th = 24

Efforts are underappreciated developer

Captain Gilligan likes this.
  9. Captain Gilligan

Thanks for the feedback. I am not a developer of the game, this thread is for the community driven "Bae Watch" tournament.
    I do however agree with what you said :)

Shocky likes this.
  10. Potato Skin

Potato Skin Member

Yikes, developers of this game doesn't agree with me. They're prob too lazy to implement this system. Any developers here?

11. Captain Gilligan

the developers are always looking over the posts and threads. It would be better to make your own post on the topic or search the forums for an answer to your question

12. Potato Skin

Potato Skin Member

Already did :)

Captain Gilligan likes this.
  13. Joey who

Ayeee potato skin, we used to fleet together when I started battle bay, my name in game is Joey who :p

Btw these are topic threads, to get a developers attention go to post new thread

Edit: Nevermind I see you did make one now

14. Potato Skin

Potato Skin Member

nice meeting you again. I remembered the good ol times when you teached me how to mortar, my school is just pure b*llsh*t for giving me useless responsibilities to stop me from playing battle bay.

Shadow Moon! and Joey who like this.
  15. BITTERSTEEL

BITTERSTEEL Well-Known Member

DeeMeester likes this.