1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Reward, what about fixers?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by TrippingBird, 31 Aug 2017.

1. TrippingBird

TrippingBird New Member

Guys, I would like to suggest a better star reward for fixers. Doesnt make sense that a shooter with 2k of damage won 2 stars, when a fixer with 1,5k of damage and 3k of healing earn just one. Even in a good game that you heal almost 5k in a mk3 game, still earning just one.

Pls, think about that.

Ty all!

2. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

herewego.jpg

tl;dr - if you want stars, equip a firebomb

Here's some actual content instead of just a meme response.

Stars are given out by a hidden "contribution" score, that has been oft mentioned by the devs, but no one really knows the secret formula. A win results in one star - getting double the average team contribution score gives you a star, getting triple gives you two. Right now, fire damage is scaled incorrectly and gives you way more contribution score than it should.

Pocket-healing one player doesn't often work, unless that player racks up a three-star game themselves and you spent the entire time bathing them in green healing goodness.

As a Fixer, you have to get used to being a bit like Rodney Dangerfield - sometimes, you get no respect.

But other games it just clicks. You have some teammates or friendly faces you keep seeing - and they realize that you're a good healer. They'll watch your back and scare off that pesky Enforcer trying to stunlock you. They'll come back to you for heals and then rush back out into the fray so you don't take the heat. And when you send a Sniper Cannon shot into another zip code and punch a fleeing Speeder's ticket for the game-winner, they spam the "Yes!" emote.

Last edited: 31 Aug 2017
  3. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

If heal couple of ships or just one ship you're not going to get stars. Heal all ships or at least 4 of them or change gears use frost blaster, fire bomb etc.

4. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

yeah. on even lost battles with fixer, i've gotten more stars on games where I healed everyone 300 hp than when I heal one guy 3000. Somtimes I even do no damage with firebomb and get 1-2 stars for my healing.

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  5. Shadow Moon!

See the difference Screenshot_20170815-234626.jpeg
    Barely 1200k damage but I frosted all the enemies got 3 stars.

Ultrah and The Otherguy like this.
  6. youhatemetoo

youhatemetoo Member

Where oh where do I find these great players at? I haven't seen them in the 0-2600 range

7. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

This has been discussed a lot. In short:

Healing contribution is flawed and the devs know it, but they don't know a way to do it better and on average, fixers are getting at least as much contribution as other ships.

behumble and Ultrah like this.
  8. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Yup. Just like everyone said.

I have a lvl 30 Nitro, but I saw @TEJASW get three stares by using the Tier 1 Frost Blaster.

Nitro has saved me plenty of times, but I doubt I'll ever use a Frost Blaster or a Tesla Bolt.

And did I mention I have never gotten 3 stars once I switched to Nitro?

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  9. Shadow Moon!

I will be using nitro when I get a mark 5 ship ob,nitro, frost. Can't leave frost its my bread and butter.

10. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

One of the reason i am a selfish fixer,
    I can live longer and shot at people more and occasionally heal other at 77hp/seconds.

I got more star playing this style.

You should try.
    My setup (R are n E pic}
    1R Canon
    1R Booster
    2E Duct Tape
    1R Repair Pulse
    2R Turbo

11. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Man u got that last part about games where it clicks so right. Those are the games it's great to play fixer, where u don't even check how much healing u did bcuz u know it was good. Even in games like that tho it's always great to have a torp come in and ruin the fun lol
    Im also down for the games that a ship is admant about staying as far away from me as possible, but doesn't actually die right away and kills the abandoner on the other team :'D mvps