1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

why carronade is a good weapon for speeders

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Crashedup, 26 Aug 2017.

1. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

A few days back when i got 2 carronades i posted a thread in forum asking is carronade any good any what skills should i train to make it better and the answer i got were quite negative in the favour of carronades so i thought they were useless and left them at that
    But today i got 4 of these so i thought why not see if anyone plays carronades and if they are any good with that and after a little search i came to know about a player in nightmare league WcorgiP.
    and when i saw his gameplay(accidentally stumbled upon his yt channel will link the channel below) i must say he/she is pretty badass with the carronades and his play style made me think the carronade might not be as bad as u people think.
    WcorgiP setup
    1. 2 epic carronades
    2. 1 overboost
    3. 1 nitro
    4. 1 tesla shield
    now to main question
    WHAT MAKES CARRONADES GOOD
    1. They make banana boats as assassin boats.
    2. The ability to make ship turning agility slow for few sec.
    3. The ability to make turret turning agility slow for few sec.
    4. faster reloads (i will explain why this is needed)
    5 . decent damage : 7 projectile which can do upto 200 dmg each => 7x200 =1400.(dmg stats are for epic tier 5 carronade with perks included )

GAMEPLAY
    i will explain the gameplay according to how wcogip plays and i think that play style is the nest for playing carronades.
    wcorgip doesn't play like other speeder who do scouting and call for hits on people and mostly assist the other ships
    infact his play style is completely opposite of what you might expect of speeder and thats what makes his carronades a perfect weapon for assassination.

1. He doesn't rush off in the starting of the game firing his ob into oblivion he lets his teammates scout for him while he circles around the enemy back .
    2. After that he singles out his enemy which is usually the person who has strayed away from the team .
    3. After singling out his enemy he rushes behind him using his nitro and ob and attacks on the tail of the enemy ship which has 2 benefits
    a. the enemy can't shoot at him
    b. all the carronades projectile hit the ship.
    4. Here comes the benefits of shorter reload time and turret and ship slowing ability before enemy can shoot his weapon he is
    DEAD.
    THEN MOVE ONTO NEXT TARGET THATS HOW CARRONADES MAKE FOR PERFECT ASSASSIN WEAPONS
    (
    FOR INFO ON HOW HE USES HIS SHIELD AND OB ETC SEE HIS GAMEPLAY VIA LINK MENTIONED BELOW)

i know the music is horrible;)

These are WcorgiP gameplay not mine. He is a nightmare league player and I don't own any of these videos all the rights to these videos belonging to WcorgiP. I am justing posting it here. I don't own any of this content.

Last edited: 26 Aug 2017
    The Otherguy and MatCool1234 like this.
  2. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Well, that certainly is convincing... But what if you don't got tier 5 epic carronade?

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. Crashedup

Lol what do u do when u don't have epic for any weapon u go for rare
    Ofcourse the dmg per shot will reduce but so does for any other weapon

4. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Those are 2 maxed out epic carronades and hundreds if not thousands of dollars worth a of in app purchases. Reality is that you're gonna have a bad time with rare carronades for sure. It's trash on everything but a speeder and speeders are better off with blast cannons.

5. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

You're very limited to range. Fun to watch though :)

The Otherguy likes this.
  6. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

its not good.
    Youd have much better luck with tier 5 epic explosive or blast cannon, flare gun, or literally any other weapon like that.

Admit it, defence is strong at higher infamies, and carronade just becomes even weaker
    But cool videos and you are a great player so keep it up!

7. Crashedup

Re
    Really thousands of dollars? And how do u know it will be trash as far as I know the ratio for difference in item rarity for damage is same for every weapon whether it's blast canon or carronade
    Check battlebayitem.com

8. Crashedup

Your concern is genuine because u have not used it. Diet coke and greystrom rock legendary explosive canon which does 1500-1600 dmg with 12 sec cooldown and they are at lvl 40 or something so they have there talents trained and all and as I have qouted above the dmg done is 1400 or so in one shot with 5.6 cooldown so compare the notes and this is nightmare league gameplay
    Also keep in mind that the dmg I mentioned is for lvl 10 leggy explosive canon and tier 5 epic explosive canon does about 72-73 percent of the mentioned dmg
    And these are not my gameplay they are wcorgip gameplay

9. Crashedup

U r talking about me or carronade

10. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

You didn't take defence points into consideration. If the ship has 30 defence that already subtracts 210 damage from the little damage they already do. On top of that they are high skill weapons which only work well in 1v1 situations

11. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

The carronade

12. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Really cool idea, I'm sure this is very fun to play with as you just assassinate players left and right . I think other setups might be a little better however this is nothing to sneeze at esp when it comes to close range or 1v1s. I might go with a carronade alongside my big torpedo over blast cannon, not sure yet / gotta see what RNG gives me

13. Crashedup

The dmg that I hinted was what I saw in gameplay so the shield pts are accounted for mind u they include perks too and moreover the gameplay I mentioned was for 1v1 and yeah they require skill set but what weapon doesn't except mortars maybe and the same shield pts would account for missiles too wouldn't they and missiles are harder to hit :)

14. Crashedup

There are skills to increase that and moreover if the range was far then all projectile won't hit the enemy ship making carronade useless don't ya think.
    Edit: max range is 10 i think and grenade is somewhat 13 so not that great of a difference

15. Crashedup

Yeah that sounds cool a heavy weapon from afar and a destructive weapon up close maybe ur playstyle can become like waveblower ( he is deadly with his missiles and carronade)

16. The Afenogaster

The Afenogaster Well-Known Member

Bbay player / free time artist.
    I habe played with it a bit and it is amazing against fixers, enforcers and other speeders but not against defenders or shooters that have over 30 defnce, I have to be preety selective and is a op weapon only in certain circumstances, blast cannon is more versatile

17. The Afenogaster

The Afenogaster Well-Known Member

Bbay player / free time artist.
    I have played with it a bit and it is amazing against fixers, enforcers and other speeders but not against defenders or shooters that have over 30 defnce, I have to be preety selective and is an op weapon only in certain circumstances, blast cannon is more versatile

18. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Yes, thousands of dollars. You'd be surprised to know how much people spend on this game. You don't just casually get 12 epic carronades and 6 copies of every single epic for your setup. And I know rare carronade is trash on non speeders because it's a useless weapon in long range battle and playoff isn't even that good when your shot is reduced by 5,6 or 7 x defence compared to 1x defence. And I don't need to go to someone's discount website when I've used and scrapped a tier 3 rare carronade myself.
    And let me give you some info that you probably didn't find in your website. Maxed out rare = level 35 epic. Level 50 epic is already leagues ahead from anything you'll ever get from level 50 rares.

19. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    TL;DR
    Carronade only is good with all crew perks.

20. Crashedup

Lol did u read the post and see gameplay and read my replies?
    If u did u would have seen I have answered all of ur question
    1. I never mentioned u should exactly copy the WcorgiP setup if u want u can pair it with blast canon or torpedo if u want.
    2. I already mentioned the stats b/w maxed out rare and epic weapons which roughly comes out for 15 to 16 lvl difference but it does for every weapon even blast canon or flare gun or explosive canon
    Fun fact: that stat is mentioned on the site with pie chats and graph
    And third and most importantly pt that I have mentioned in the thread too
    3. The damage taken in account is from gameplay and does account for the shield pts
    If u have any other queries feel free to ask

The Otherguy likes this.