1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Chats and guilds temporarily turned off

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Bennunator, 7 May 2017.

1. LSanchez238

LSanchez238 New Member

Agreed. 343i kept it's loyal players updated daily. They need to have someone dedicated to updating on forums until this is resolved. It's the least they could do to keep us encouraged about the game.

Mr squiqqle likes this.
  2. CowOwn

CowOwn New Member

IT Support
    When is it going to be available? I need to play with my friends. :( Or at least add a "Add friends by name" option.

3. Gary777

Gary777 New Member

I cannot play with my friends, there's no fun anymore...
    Please fix it quickly!

4. Resticon

Resticon New Member

Took less than a week after the US Launch for the devs and trolls to kill this game. I'm impressed. No friends, no guilds, no chat (although the chat they had initially wasn't great either)...might as well be playing a single player game disguised as a MOBA. Got bored days ago because of this issue and now I just kind of log in for daily missions or to see if the issue has been fixed and thats it. I'll probably be uninstalling soon though.

5. CowOwn

CowOwn New Member

IT Support
    The devs are either slow on fixing it or doesnt care at all.

6. QTesla

QTesla New Member

That's not the case. They are working on it, but it seems there could be complications or it's more difficult than first thought. If you checked the AMA on Reddit you can see some answers about this, or joined the discord channel, you can actually talk to some of the team there.

7. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

But why are they updating people on other forums and not keeping the community updated here? Seems like we Battle Bay players are being forgotten o_O

8. Albzi

Albzi New Member

I agree there could be some better communication on their actual forums - I'll mention something on the Discord channel. You're welcome to come in there and talk to some of the devs yourself too.

9. Mr squiqqle

Why should we have to check Reddit, or download and learn a new app, discord, to get news on a game that we are currently on the OFFICIAL FORUM for and they won't give updates on? It's kinda negligent..

10. QTesla

QTesla New Member

I'm sure there will be an update when it's up and working again. They won't post here every 30 seconds saying what they've done, they don't have time to go through entire threads, but maybe do have time to answer a quick direct question

11. Mr squiqqle

Appreciate the offer, but have no idea how to use discord and have no interest in ANOTHER social media app.. from what I've been told, it's almost as chaotic as global was before it went down... which is probably due to global being down...

12. Mr squiqqle

We haven't asked for an update every thirty seconds, in fact, I've been encouraging patience to everyone here, but there has been NO update on the progress in what? 3 or 4 days? Can't be good for their business after a global release...

13. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    @Mr squiqqle We recently enabled VIP chat, and we're working on global and guilds.

Sifa, SCOOTY PUFF Jr and Mr squiqqle like this.
  14. Mr squiqqle

We won't need an update on the forum when it's working again... Why? Because it will be up and working again... And it will be kinda obvious..

15. Mr squiqqle

That's great Zeus, thanks for the update. But I feel some damage may have already been done. And I'm only speaking about how I feel the community is going to feel, having been spending some time on the forums answering questions, because they don't seem to be getting answered... :oops:

16. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    I understand your point of view, but many a time questions that are asked already have one or multiple answers, which creates overhead and will give us less time to answer new questions.

Adding to that, the second rule of the forums is "search first", which we expect people to follow.

17. Mr squiqqle

I agree. Which is why I, and many other people willingly answer the questions that have been asked repeatedly, or try to direct them to the relevant thread. Just pointing out that having been among the people, I feel that a lot of damage may have been done to what should have been an amazing global launch..

18. Albzi

Albzi New Member

Just as a side note here - Discordd is not a social media app and is just a messaging app - not too difference from Whatsapp or just your normal texting app on your mobile. It's not chaotic in there at all and at the moment it's quite personal as there aren't too many people talking. It's worth giving a shot in my opinion incase you might like it there.

Patience is key and in a few days when chat is up people won't remember when the chat was even down. There are obviously going to be some teething problems when it comes to a global release, I don't see why anyone would expect otherwise. It's hardly a game breaking feature so for now I wouldn't worry about it and just let the developers do their thing.

19. Chaboiiiiiii

Chaboiiiiiii New Member

H
    How long until this is fixed?

20. Albzi

Albzi New Member

Unfortunately, as long as it takes is the answer here. They have some bugs they want to iron out which could take 10 minutes or another few days. You can't always predict how long something will take.